Sep 3 - Sleeping Dogs

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days. The nearby stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

Sep 3 - Sleeping Dogs

Postby Michaela Havlin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:25 am

There was a super-sized dog curled up under one of the trees at the edge of the woods. It was a massive lump of shaggy fur that made it hard to tell more than that it was animal and not vegetable or mineral. There was also enough motion to indicate that it was breathing.

[Open]
Michaela Havlin
Student

Re: Sep 3 - Sleeping Dogs

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:55 am

Vivienne moved through the forest, the hem of her dress wet, her feet bare. As she rounds the bend she spots the large animal blocking her most direct route. She carefully adjusts her pack, pulling a large scabbard forward and continuing slowly forward.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Michaela Havlin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:00 am

The creature snuffled and shifted position slightly, tail thumping against the ground in its sleep.
Michaela Havlin
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:15 am

She looked around the area carefully. She had a few choices, stray from the "path" and go around the very large beast, or follow her instinct and continue forward and be prepared for a fight. She chose to stay true, her hand resting on the hilt of her broad sword, ready.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Michaela Havlin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:21 am

The creature stirred again and a canine head raised up, looking sleepily in her direction. "Visitors usually come in the front gate."
Michaela Havlin
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:36 am

"I did not arrive by road and I did not mean to disturb you. I request that you step to one side so that I may continue."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Michaela Havlin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:39 am

"Here's the thing," said a second voice as another head rose into view. It was followed by a third head that said, "Fence jumpers generally need a good reason to be fence jumping. Why are you here?"
Michaela Havlin
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:53 am

"There was no fence." She looked thoughtful. "Are you the guardian of this place? Have I not crossed to the mortal realm? Have the Olympians lent you as a challenge for those wishing to enter this place of learning?"
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Michaela Havlin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:36 am

"We're a student here. Any resemblance to the great hound of the Underworld is purely coincidental."

Michaeala rose to her feet, the three heads all peering down at Vivienne.

"You'll find that this place has no shortage of guardians for people who mean to harm it."

"You smell weird." The rightmost head was apparently still a little sleepy.
Michaela Havlin
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Vivienne seemed relieved for a moment before she adjusted her pack and scabbard.
"I mean no harm to you or to those within. I have been sent by the Grey Lords, to learn."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Michaela Havlin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:16 pm

The three heads looked at each other uncertainly for a long minute and there was the distinct impression that some sort of conversation was going on. Then the middle head looked at her, "Follow me. But behave, I'll be watching you." As she turned to start walking, the two side heads pivoted on their necks to look at Vivienne. The leftmost head grinned at her and flames licked a bit between its teeth. "Malice! Quit threatening the guest." "Sorry, Michaela," said that head, flattening its ears.
Michaela Havlin
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:28 pm

She watched a moment, deciding that since the large talking three headed dog, who was not Cerberus, was more or less moving along in the same direction she had intended to go in the first place she would follow for now.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Michaela Havlin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:34 pm

"What's your name?" They seemed to be heading towards a side building that was near the main mansion.
Michaela Havlin
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:46 pm

"Vivienne and you are?" She asked as she quickly stepped around a fallen tree and continued true north to the school.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Michaela Havlin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:20 pm

"Merry," the head said, smiling at her. "That's Malice." She nosed towards the other head watching Vivienne. "Vivienne's a nice name."
Michaela Havlin
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:53 pm

"You are kind. It was one of my mother's and my personal favorite."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Michaela Havlin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:14 pm

"It good to have things you like."

They were getting close to the smaller side building. "We're taking you to the administration building. They'll know how to help you."
Michaela Havlin
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:18 am

"Your aid and kindness will be remembered." She bowed her head in a respectful nod.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Michaela Havlin » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:23 am

As they approached the door, the dog shrank into a shortish dark-haired girl in a black and yellow uniform. She opened the door and motioned for Vivienne to go in first.
Michaela Havlin
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:34 am

"Ah, that explains a few things." She bowed her head again and stepped through the door. She took a moment to look around, looking for someone of authority.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Michaela Havlin » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:38 am

Michaela stepped up the receptionist. "I think we have a new student, but this might be best handled by someone high up the ladder? Just a thought."
Michaela Havlin
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:49 am

"I think I can handle entering a new student into the system. What's your name and do you have an ID or a passport for me?" the receptionist asks Vivienne.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:37 pm

Vivienne had neither but she produced a wax sealed letter and handed it over to the receptionist.

"Vivienne Chinnior."

To the one now reading this letter.

It is the will of the High Grey Court of Avalon that the one known as Vivienne Chinnior act as emissary and ambassador to the establishment known as Xavier's University. If you are one unable to allow such, it is the will of the Grey Court that you direct the one known as Vivienne Chinnior to one who can.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Michaela Havlin » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:39 pm

Michaela just crossed her arms and watched the receptionist handle this.
Michaela Havlin
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:25 pm

"Uhm... This is not... Let me get someone else." he finally admits after reading through the letter and flees the room. After maybe five minutes he returns with a white-haired woman, pointing her at Michaela and Vivienne before disappearing again.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:25 pm

"Good afternoon." Ashlie says as she walks over to them. I understand there is a bit of a paperwork issue?" she says, picking up the letter and glancing over it. "Interesting. Unusual but not a problem. Do you intent to attend classes here, Ambassador?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:19 pm

"I am to attend all instructions that are available and appropriate for a typical mortal human female of twenty mortal years of age. I am also to attend all unique instructions required for those whom have been termed "gifted"."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:49 pm

"I do believe we can accommodate you, yes. Please excuse the receptionist, you're our first inter-dimensional student." she smiles. "Will you require assistance with getting accustomed to our dimension?"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:55 pm

"I believe I may." She bowed her head politely. "It has been quite some time since my mother walked beside mortals."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:34 am

"Right." she says, looking a little dubious. "Well, we might have to find a student to volunteer, but I'm sure that won't be a problem."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:36 am

"I am most greatful, your help is deeply appreciated."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:46 am

"That is what we are here for. You'll be in Room 118. The dormitories are right across the driveway from this building, you can't miss it. I will have a starter package with all the information about classes brought there as well."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Vivienne turned and looked out the large glass doors. "That structure, yes?"
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:56 pm

"Those are the dorms, yes."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:33 pm

"Then I shall depart, Mistress." She bowed deeply to Ashlie then turned to Michaela and gave her a bow before she turned and made a very direct path to the dorms.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Topic attributes:

Return to The Gardens and Estate