Practice makes perfect(open)

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days. The nearby stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

Re: Practice makes perfect(open)

Postby Nailah Weaver » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:24 pm

"Oh wow, this is gonna pack some punch!" Nailah grins at the expanding miniature sun.
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Postby Haley Crusek » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:56 pm

Haley stared upwards at the bright star with an open-mouthed grin, squinting a bit at the light. "This is gonna be awesome."
Haley Crusek
Student

High Concept: Pint-sized Powerhouse
Aspect: Wannabe hero
Aspect: Shitty psychic
Aspect: Hothead
Aspect: Walmart-brand Tinkerbell

Postby Rory Archer » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:58 pm

Rory wasn't sure how big he could make the ball, he had never really tried to see how much stardust he could create at once, and it just seemed to keep coming. Pretty soon the ball was as big as a baseball, and then a basket ball, then a beachball. Rory was getting a little nervious as the ball began to reach the size of a car. "I think this is as big as I should go," he said, not sure how big an explosion this was going to make. The raised it up and launched it skyward, waiting for the giant sphere to shrink in the distance before daring to set it off.

When it was high in the sky, he let it go. There was a huge flash as the sphere exploded all at once, eerily silent from the distance as it lit up the entire coastline. There was a mach cone around it as air was displaced, and the sea could be seen to distort as the force reached it, the line of the shockwave rushing towards them. Then there was a deafening boom and a huge influx of air as it hit them. Rory was knocked off his feet as if someone had just run into him, and for a moment all he could here was the ringing in his ears before the light of the explosion fizzled out, leaving him temporarily blinded as his eyes tried to adjust to the darkness again.
Rory Archer
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:39 pm

Haley had to grab onto a hand railing she was sitting near on the steps to avoid being knocked back and she reflexively tossed a telekinetic shield in front of her and Nailah even though she knew the room wouldn't let any especially serious injury occur to any of them.

"Holy shit that was awesome!" she yelled.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:21 pm

Nailah probably would have gotten knocked off her feet if it wasn't for Haley's shield. As it is she watches the shockwave whip past them in a small bubble of calm.

"Holy smokes, that was huge!" she shouts way louder than intended over the ringing in her ears as she walks over to Rory to help him up. "I feel bad for whoever gets on your bad side!"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Rory Archer » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:59 am

Rory took Nailah's hand and got up, "Bloody hell!" he said, "I'm never doing that again." If that was what his power did when he went overboard, he had to make sure he never did that in a populated area. He was suddenly aware of how dangerous his abilities could be if he was not careful.
Rory Archer
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:05 pm

"The good news is, if we ever have to fight something huge or super tough I know who to call!" she says, still talking a little too loud.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:18 pm

"I think you should do that lots more times. That was badass!" Haley grinned.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Rory Archer » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:35 am

"I don't think so," said Rory, "The last thing I'm going to do is set off a nuke in the middle of a city," He was exaggerating of course, but that kind of power would cause a lot of collateral damage, which he would avoid. "I'll be sticking to fireworks, thank you." he collected some stardust and scattered it skywards, setting off a number of flashes like cascading stars.
Rory Archer
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:11 pm

"You never know, but maybe not break every window in Maldon unless you have to, yeah."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:01 am

"You never know when being able to toss around a nuke might be useful, especially around us," Haley smirked. "I mean. We kind of attract high-powered trouble.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Rory Archer » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:36 pm

"Greaaaaaat," said Rory, somewhat sarcastically, obviously not exactly keen on the idea. "Any chance I can skip out on that part?" He asked, though he was pretty sure they had no say in it.
Rory Archer
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:12 am

"In my few months here? No. not even if you don't join the teams," she smirked.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:28 am

"Plenty of people who hunker down when that kinda stuff happens and that's fine. We're just not smart enough to bail." she laughs.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Rory Archer » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:04 pm

Rory was a bit discouraged by the idea that there would be times when he would be forced into that kind of situation. He guessed if that were the case, he really should focus on knowing exactly how much stardust he should use in a given situation. "Well, hopefully I can find a good balance that won't take out half a city then." he said.
Rory Archer
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:46 pm

"That's what the Danger Room here is good for. I come in here to unwind after a shitty day and really push my limits.
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Rory Archer » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:37 am

"I'll have to schedule some practice then," said Rory, dusting himself off. He wondered if the simulated dirt would vanish when they left.
Rory Archer
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Gardens and Estate