Mobile cotton candy with a spider stuck to it.

The Estate's meticulously kept gardens, including a hedgemaze that students have occasionally described as "sadistic" and a sizable rose garden. Benches in shaded spots are plentiful, and the gardens are popular to study in on pleasant days. The nearby stables are still maintained with a number of well-heeled equines.

Re: Mobile cotton candy with a spider stuck to it.

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:56 pm

"Hmmm..." Chisaki's eyes drifted away from Eliana in the fashion a person's do when they are thinking very hard.

"Well, to begin with I was born to two mutant parents. " Chisaki stated. "And on my mother's side there have been quite a few of us for at least a generation back. The gene runs strong in her family line.

So the concept of a child being born with extra abilities was not a particularly new idea to any of them. Sometimes they were human, and sometimes they were not and either way was okay."
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Eliana Morgenstern » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:42 pm

"That is a nice situation to have," Eliana says, choosing now to regard the buildings with her own best vacant gaze.
Eliana Morgenstern
Student

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:27 pm

"It is the way things should be I think." She nodded, cutesy bat earrings bobbing with her head.

"It does not matter if a person carries an X-gene, they are still a person. Even the ones who have developed physical peculiarities because of it. In fact, I would go so far as to say peculiarities are what makes a person a person to begin with, yes?

If everyone was the same, we would be something more like hmmm.... Ah, Bees!" She says, recalling the English word for the creature she was thinking of. "The are cute and fuzzy, but I would not like to be a bee. Would you?"
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Eliana Morgenstern » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:56 am

"Not really, no. There is something to be said for fitting in, though I suppose that is why places like this one exist."
Eliana Morgenstern
Student

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Tilting her head a bit more in curiosity, Chisaki frowned a bit not in sadness or anger, but confusion.

"But you should be able to fit in anywhere, neh? You are not different from the man who brings the mail, or the woman who cuts your hair, or the person who gives you your change at the train station. The only difference is their differences are so common place that they already know how to hide them as generations before them have been. They have gotten good at it."
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Gardens and Estate