Study Streak (open)

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

Study Streak (open)

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:28 pm

Flipping through the pages of yet another old book. Her dark brown eyes flickered through each word locking them away in her memory as her brain processed them. Her version of reading only took a hour due to the books medium size. Yawning as she had been doing her power research for a strong three hour streak now. Finishing the book and carefully putting it back in its place. Looking around the Plume Library for a another rare book to read quickly.
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Re: Study Streak (open)

Postby Alex Maurell » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:05 pm

It was kind of disappointing to find out the campus library was full of books he already read. Instead he had to go downtown to the library for research. Wonderful, it was a times like these that he was grateful his mutation wasn't visible. As long as he kept his mouth shut no one would hear his American accent and figure out why he was here in the first place. He beelined for the biology section, wondering if they had any books he hadn't seen before.
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:26 pm

Brushing a black strand out of her eyes. Walking past the biology section and then backing up. Glancing at the guy who she had never seen before. It was easy to know because she didnt remember him and with her mutation it was a guarantee. "Howdy" She said facing a rack of books. Practicing her skills in the American Southern Accent. Going back to her book that she was stareing at it. Feeling akward for trying to start conversation
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:05 pm

He glanced over at the girl, "Hey." He grabbed an interesting looking book from the middle shelf. "Are you from the university too?" With her accent it wasn't hard to guess.
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:19 pm

"That book is good" She said before saying the exact title, author, and date published. Smiling as she couldn't help showing off her mutation here and there. "Yeah" she said practicing her canadian accent. "Do you go there?"
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:58 pm

He chuckled, "Yeah, though I can't exactly show off at the moment." He tucked the book under his arm and offered her a handshake, "I'm Alex, you?"
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:40 pm

"Stephanie Kishi at your service.." she said shaking the guys hand politely. Raising a brow slightly. "Must be really cool of a power?".
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:30 am

"More like it's not library friendly. I'd have to have the right supplies too."
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:38 am

"Oh" she said kind of disappointed. "Mine just makes my brain work like crazy with multiple thought processes and I remember everything... and I mean everything" she said emphathizing on everything.
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:45 am

"I'd love to have a power like that. It'd make memorizing animal anatomy so much easier." He looked down at his book pick, "Tell ya what, I'll check this book out and I can show you my mutation outside."
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:23 am

"I could answer somethings if you have questions. I have been imbetween what types of degree I want.. goal is a million" she manage to crack a small joke though there was a small truthfulness to it. Nodding her curly haired head. "Sure sounds good"
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:29 am

He smirks at her joke, "Nah, I think I have it covered." He moves toward the front of the library, pausing to make sure she's following. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything by the way."
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:36 am

"Nothing I cant do before bed" she said with a smirk. Following the guy. Feeling slightly akward as it was one of actual conversation with a not related guy. Smirking as she knew her parents would be throwing a holy fit. Following the man outside
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:47 am

Once he had the book checked out, he led her outside to a near by tree. "Alright, just need to grab this." He reached up and snapped off one of the lower hanging twigs from the tree, folding it in half in his hands. "From one once living thing to another." The material broke down and reformed in his hands until what was left was a small sparrow.
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:51 am

Her mind tried to process what just happen rapidely. Taking all the details of the sparrow in her memory. Her mouth a gape in aw. "Thats amazing.. is it actually alive?" She asked curiously.
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:55 am

"See for yourself."he grinned letting the sparrow flutter over to her.
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:57 am

Narrowing her eyes to examine the creature fluttering around her. "Interesting.." Is all she manage to say as her eyes remained fixed on the bird. Impressed by his power.
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:08 am

He has the sparrow land on his finger, "You'd be surprised how much goes into just one little bird."
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:58 am

"Not really.. their are cells and bones and skin.. and.... im probably going to bore you so I will stop" she said laughing lightly
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:03 am

"Unlikely, I could probably beat you at naming all the parts."
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:26 pm

"Whatever you think... perhaps you could but the probablitiy of that is unlikely." She said with a smirk
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:50 pm

He chuckled, "Is that a challenge?"
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:57 pm

"Did it?" She said moving her eyebrow as if she didnt know
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:54 pm

He smirks, "It does, but if it's not I suppose that'd be the end of the conversation."
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:59 am

"Say I win... You buy me lunch? And if you win I don't know" She smiled as she challenged him
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:42 am

He thought for a moment, to flirt or not to flirt that was the question. "How 'bout your number?"he suggested.
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:48 am

Steph paused and looked at him. Her mind couldn't help but to try to figure out all the reasons why he would want her number. "Sure..." she said awkwardly. Thinking about everything her parents said about how bad simply giving a number could be.
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:58 am

"Alright, how do you wanna do this? Pop quiz style?"he asked.
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:03 am

"Pop quiz style works with me...homie" it came out weird as she tried to pick a word someone her age would use so she didnt feel like she was a geek.
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:10 am

He couldn't help it, he laughed, "Please, never say that again."
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:18 am

"Word.. to your mother yo." She said laughing and crossingn her hands on her chest trying to be tough. "Thug life?" She said in a smile.
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:50 am

"You're trying too hard."he laughed.
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:33 pm

I am? Homeslice tell me how to not?" She said bobbing her head
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:12 pm

"Heh, well for one it sounds like your mimicking an old tv show and you haven't actually used any of those words in your life."
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:51 pm

"That is very true... She said with a nod as her eyes stared at the bird. "Can I have the bird?"
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:17 pm

"Of course." He lets the bird flutter over to her hands.
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:58 am

"No I mean.. to like keep?" She asked as she wipped out her handy dandy little notepad and pen and wrote down her number. Ripping the paper out and holding it out to him. "Text me?"
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:21 pm

"Oh, heh, uh, for the day I guess. It'll disappear once I go to bed." He blinked at her handing over her number, "Thought I'd only get this if I won?"
Alex Maurell
Student

Postby Stephanie Kishi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:44 pm

"That stinks." She said swiping a curl out of view. "I'm giving you my number... Do you really want to question it?" She laughed a little with a smile.
Stephanie Kishi
Student

Postby Alex Maurell » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:59 pm

He took the number from her hand, slowly, "Alright, if you really want to."
Alex Maurell
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to Downtown Maldon