[Issue] Disaster Relief

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

Re: Disaster Relief

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:47 pm

Tereza frowns, "That would explain the strange sense. I'll be there in a moment, Tosh." She looks at Robin and Vic, "You folks have things in hand here?"
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Postby Robin Stanton » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:01 pm

"Yeah, go on. We'll comb the area and check if we got everyone or if there's any damage to gas lines and stuff." she says, followed by another "Bork!"
Robin Stanton
Student

High Concept: Resilient Showoff
Aspect: Born into Weirdness
Aspect: A 'Better' Future

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:05 pm

With that confirmation, Tereza turns and starts covering the distance towards where the group had battled the creature.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:14 am

Victor nodded in agreement before he looked down at Dogin. "Alright Sherlock Hound, you think that nose of yours can find those gas leaks?"
Victor Freud
Student

High Concept: Face Turning Heel
Aspect: Title of Your Sex Tape / The Gadfly
Aspect: Shrinky Dink Shenanigans
Aspect: Always Second Best
Aspect: Underestimating Badassery
Aspect: Dressed for Success

Postby Robin Stanton » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:02 am

"You betcha. Can you get in there with duct tape and stuff to fix them up?"
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:40 am

Victor patted one of the larger pouches on his utility belt; duct tape was one of the most essential tools that he could legally buy in this country. "Golly Miss Peabody, I sure can."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:47 am

"Shall we to it then, old chap?" she responds in a more than passable British accent, which is made only slightly more ridiculous by the fact it's coming out of a green beagle. "Or as the yanks would say, saddle up pardner." she adds with just enough disdain to sell the posh bit and lowers her body a bit in case Vic wants to shrink down and get a free ride.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:03 am

Well, it wasn't the most embarrassing ride he's ever taken, so he jumped at the chance. Literally. Which probably should have been terrifying for a little green beagle. But the weight of a full-sized teenage boy never landed on it, Victor doing his thing midair and landing all tiny on Robin's shoulders, grabbing at some of the fur at the nape of her neck to hold on tight.

"Tally ho!"
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:25 pm

"Woof woof!" Robin says in response and bounds off, nose to the ground and sniffing. It's a bumpy ride, dogs aren't exactly build for riding, but once she finds a trail to follow she's fast, dashing through the rubble and the water and leaps through a broken window into what was once a nice restaurant. She slows down as she sniffs her way towards the kitchen where a lot of the appliances got shifted and toppled. Robeagle hops onto the back of a fridge lieing propped up against an oven, then on to a spot underneath a table and starts digging at the wall where a bunch of food stuff got piled up against the side of the sink. There's a small gap between it and the wall.

"Back there somewhere." she says, moving her head back and forth slightly to take sniffs to confirm.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:50 pm

Victor didn't drop off of Robin's back until the hound began pawing at the obstruction. He took a look at the gap before retrieving something from one of his belt pockets, cracking it in half and giving it a shake. The formula inside of the glowstick began to glow as he looked back and up at that green beagle muzzle.

"Alright, I'll go in and take a look. Maybe you can check and see if there's anything else we're missing?" He wasn't really used to trying to call the shots, he just didn't want Robin to risk shifting right now.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:03 pm

"Yeah, a bunch of ruined food." she jokes, along with a comical gagging sound. "Be right back!" she adds before bounding off to sniff around the room.

The gap between wall and appliance is, well, grody but fortunately for Vic there's a walk-way of sorts in the form of pipes running along the wall a couple inches off the floor. It is also where the problem probably lies since they're bent and crooked from the appliances shifting. Less of an immediate problem for the drainage pipes from the sinks and such, but the faint hissing of gas is an explosion waiting to happen.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:03 pm

Seemingly smooth surfaces offered tiny foot and handholds to someone Victor's size, so it didn't take too much effort for him to scramble onto one of the upper pipes to walk his way deeper where the problem may lay. The bent water and drainage pipes might even offer him a solution to their problem - if he cannot find the leak by touch or smell, he might be able to by pouring water over the smaller gas line and looking for bubbles.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:33 pm

He doesn't even need his bubble trick, because the pipe clearly has a bent that is quietly hissing out warbled air.

Meanwhile the rest of the room is filled with the sounds of an average-sized beagle climbing around a bunch of pots and pans and stainless steel appliances, knocking over things and just generally making a ruckus as Robin goes around the room.

"There's some sweet smelling pink puddle back here by the cold room. Prolly some coolant? Not sure how toxic that stuff is." she shouts.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:02 pm

The patch job was a little awkward for Vic to do in such cramped quarters, and at his size. He had to tear off pieces of the bright yellow duct tape and let them return to their ordinary size before he slapped them onto the bend in the pipe. Just wrapping it around wouldn't work, done while it was small the tight hold would become a loose sleeve when he stopped touching it. It was a time-consuming process, but it was getting the job done.

"If the power is knocked out, it could be melted ice cream or something? I'd say it might be that French girl but I think you're the only pink puddle around here today."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:29 pm

There's a pause, then a hacking retching noise.

"Nope! Definitely not ice-cream!"
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:05 am

"Antifreeze is toxic to dogs!" Victor yelled out from behind the sink. Of course, fridge coolant and antifreeze were two different things, but he didn't know if coolant was toxic or not - he assumed it was. But it was also normally a gas. "Alright, I'm almost done here. Gimme a minute and I'll come have a look."

Satisfied that the patch would hold for now, or at least until someone could find the valve to turn the gas off, the young man extracted himself from behind the sink. His form was suddenly visible again as he adopted his normal stature and went to go and investigate the not-ice cream.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:00 pm

"Okay!" Robin shouts back, not sounding too concerned. "I'm not really a dog anyway."

Upon inspection Vic finds it's indeed some kind of leak from the cooling mechanism. If it's not coolant then maybe part of it has anti-freeze to keep the machinery from frosting over. Either way it's seeping out.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:16 am

"I'm pretty sure it's not good for humans either." Of course, Robin been combined with roofing tar and who knows what other caustic materials just an hour before, but still Victor had to voice his concern. He crouched down and poked the gunk with a gloved finger, bringing some up to his nose to have a sniff.

"This... doesn't seem right. But I'm no refrigeration expert." He stood back up and looked for a thermostat somewhere on the outside of the huge piece of equipment. "I'm thinking the owner may have to chalk this one up to insurance as well."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:47 pm

"I dunno. I've seen worse on Kitchen Inferno." she says as she looks around the complete mess that is the place.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:35 am

Victor tried the cooling unit door - it might be best to keep it closed, but the leak might be inside. It wasn't exactly a life-threatening emergency, but they were already there.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:00 pm

Victor is greeted with a foot or two of water inside, spilling out around his boots. Probably a lost cause no matter what.

"That probably falls under insurance."
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:22 pm

Victor didn't even bother to try and jump out of the way, at this point he had come to terms with the fact that he was going to be soggy when he got back to the campus. Of course, the sudden wave a water was a bit more imposing for a beagle than the boy, so he turned to check on Robin.

"I think you're right. Shame, I hate seeing food go to waste." He shut the door and checked the unit again to see if he could find the source of the pink goo, but with the main issue band-aided he was ready to move on to the next crisis.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:59 pm

Somehow, the rush of water only comes up to just about beneath the beagle's chest. It's confusing only for as long as it takes for the water to settle a bit and reveal the elongated legs keeping most of her above the water line. If she's stuck in this shape she must have some interpretive wiggle-room; or she's not stuck at all and simply chose to stay like this.

"Yeah, that thing sure caused one hell of a mess. Hopefully it's mostly superficial damage."
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:39 am

"I'm almost more worried about the bay." Victor commented, relieved that he wasn't going to have to deal with wet dog smell. "I mean, it looked like that thing just... melted, but I really hope it didn't just spill a ton of weird fish goop onto the bottom. That could mess up the local eco-system for years."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:00 am

"Tempest was with the combat team and so was my Dad. If it turned into bad goop they dealt with it, I'm sure. The bird sanctuary though, I don't know... That's a lot of marsh that probably got washed away. Damn, Mum'd have that fixed in a moment..."
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:11 am

"Is that something that Bramble could help with? Or maybe some of the other students? I'm sure this may have helped with our public reputation a bit, but it's important for people to see that we're not just here to help when things are at their worst and just leave a mess after we leave." The part with Robin mentioning her mother went over Victor's head, as he didn't really know their story all that well. He didn't like to pry.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:21 pm

"Maybe! He'd definitely be a big help speeding up the recovery if we can get the ground set up. What we need is someone who can move earth and stone and such. We'll ask around at school. But yeah, it'd be great to show people we can help even when there's not, like, an active emergency going on."
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:39 am

"Yeah, absolutely. And if we're gonna be inspiring people, it's important to show them that there's more than one way to be a hero."

Vic crouched down a bit.

"You wanna take a turn hitching a ride?"
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:22 pm

"Don't mind if I do!" she says and jumps at Vic, changing into a cat mid-jump (although still green for some reason) and landing on Vic's shoulder with all the grace of a cat who forgot most of it's reflexes. Which is to say she scrambles a bit before she finds her footing.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:24 am

Victor's coat was thick enough to give something for Robin's claws to eventually sink into, the young man reaching up to give her head a little pat.

"Hey, that's a good sign! Now if you can work your way up to a catgirl maid or something by the time we get back to the campus, I reckon that'll be close enough."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:38 pm

"Close enough for what exactly?" she laughs and puts her front paws on Vic's head to rest half of herself on his noggin.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:48 am

"For most." Victor answer was vague, but sufficient.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:03 pm

"Hah! I bet. I mean I've heard requests I'm much less likely to indulge." she says, making biscuits with her paws on Vic's head.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:41 am

Victor snorted and chuckled, reaching up to make sure that Robin was stable on his shoulder as they headed back to rejoin the others. "I can only imagine. That's definitely one of the universal downsides of shapeshifting powers."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:01 pm

"Depends on how much it bothers you. Takes guts to be that forward and if they're gross or creepy about it's easy enough to shut 'em down. Or make sure they'll never fully trust any inanimate object ever again." she snickers. "The table? Done with your shit and bucking your cereal bowl in your face. Shoes? Biting your ankles. Chair? Always falling over backwards when you least expect it. Faucet? Definitely a squirter."
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:14 am

Victor let out a snort at that last prank. "Phrasing. But I guess there are worse assumptions that could be made. Most people think I'm either a peeping Tom, or only useful for getting stuff from under the couch."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:05 am

"Oh right, people here are still not really used to us, huh, always assuming the worst to be done with our powers. It gets better. If we put in the work I'm sure we can set things on a path to understanding and cooperation here as well!" she says and for all her irreverence and joking, for a brief moment she sounds like she's living up to the uniform she's wearing underneath all the shapeshifting and Vic could swear she's standing up taller on her forepaws. Judging by their stance on his head she's probably has her feline nose dramatically and heroically thrust into the air as well.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:51 am

Victor took it all in silently, letting Robin have her moment as they walked back toward the others.

"... you watch a lot of anime, don't you." He said in the form of a question but without really asking it as a question.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:03 pm

"I'm pretty sure my life is an anime. And I wouldn't have it any other way." she laughs. "But seriously, I grew up in a world that's accepting and tolerant. In part because of what my parents did. Can you blame me for being excited about getting to do the same for someone else?"
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:43 am

"Nope, I don't suppose I can. I just hope I get to see that world some day."
Victor Freud
Student