Waterways

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

Waterways

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Fri May 24, 2024 3:27 pm

Ashlie is once again posted up at the edge of the water near the confounding portal. Waiting for the 'recon' team to get here she makes some final adjustments to the pair of drones. Two flattened semi-spheres about the size of dinner plates, containing enough water propulsion jets underneath the rim to keep them steady in turbulent water. In the center a translucent sphere containing an array of sensor equipment as well as a single quantum-paired particle between the two. It'd allow for instant data transmission and synchronization between the two. Yet another piece of technology that could improve lives if the world could be trusted with it.

"At this rate Mutant Town is going to turn into a prototype Epcot community." she mutters to herself, amused. A blueprint for the future, sure, just keep on getting ahead of yourself and everybody else.

Her thoughts are interrupted by the arrival of Miss Bell who does not look particularly happy wearing a diving suit and carrying a water-proof garment bag.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Re: Waterways

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri May 24, 2024 3:29 pm

"Should have known that getting involved with Will and Sam would drag me into this non-sense eventually. You owe me one, Robo-Dean."
Miriam Bell
Student

High Concept: Sorrowful Telepath
Aspect: Powerful Enemies
Aspect: Structural Shadow

Postby Will Stanton » Fri May 24, 2024 6:42 pm

"Look, if you want to have your world rocked, occasionally you might need to take a trip to another world. I swear it's somewhere in the onboarding handbook you got," Will smiled as he walked up.

Will, too, was in a diving suit, patterned green and black with a subtle X-logo on the right shoulder that almost, but not quite, matched the university logo. He was not carrying a bag with him, and walked with an air of confidence that was not particularly common for the usual out-and-about Wills.
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri May 24, 2024 7:05 pm

"And here I thought pulling the Ultra-Rare X-type Will from the gacha meant they get to do all of that for me."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Fri May 24, 2024 7:46 pm

"I think that's cancelled out somewhat by being swept up in the wake of the Morrigan. Gotta wake up pretty early to avoid being waken up pretty early by some nonsense of one kind or another."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Tue May 28, 2024 3:01 pm

"My ears are burning," Sam says, turning up in a wetsuit she's clearly worn on missions before, garment bag over her shoulder.
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue May 28, 2024 3:13 pm

"Excellent, you're all here." Ashlie says, closing up and sealing a panel on the drone she's holding. "Wish I had more specific support to give you but I do have upgraded earpieces that should be able to relay across these two and back to me, if anything happens. They as well as the drone are rigged to melt down if they're tampered with, just in case. It's not quite time-travel but we should avoid polluting their world with any more advanced technology anyway."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Will Stanton » Tue May 28, 2024 5:14 pm

"Don't leave the Sports Almanac behind, gotcha. Gather info, take some scans, don't interfere too much, right?"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Tue May 28, 2024 5:21 pm

"I've been told to keep the punching to a minimum."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 28, 2024 5:27 pm

"Twenty quid says somebody gets punched." Miriam comments dryly.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue May 28, 2024 5:30 pm

"No bet. And yes, Will, pretty much. The more you can find out about this supposed Agency the better, but play it safe." she says and hands Will the drone. "Just leave it in the water outside the immediate pull of the opening, it'll maneuver itself into position."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Will Stanton » Tue May 28, 2024 5:44 pm

"Really, headmistress. You don't have to tell us to play it safe; just look at the trio you're sending," Will deadpanned, taking the drone and turning it over in his hands. "I'm sure things will go swimmingly."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue May 28, 2024 6:41 pm

"Pretty sure I'm just here because I have fewer misgivings about rifling through peoples minds than you two moral paragons."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Tue May 28, 2024 9:58 pm

"Well, it's the '80s. We need someone to translate the cocaine-and-lycra addled thoughts we're likely to come across," Will nodded, stretching slightly as he headed for the water's edge.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed May 29, 2024 6:05 pm

"Yes, hope you don't have to be on the same drug to decipher them. That'd be terrible." she says with an exaggerated wink towards Ashlie before heading to follow Will.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu May 30, 2024 6:08 pm

"Besides, if anyone took that bet she'd punch someone just to be sure," she smirks, going with them.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu May 30, 2024 6:20 pm

"Please, I need vindication more than I need twenty pounds."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu May 30, 2024 6:22 pm

And with that our two intrepid heroes and their hero-adjacent entourage swim out to where the currents tug them down and into the swirling rapids of the portal...
Narrator
Site Admin

Topic attributes:

Return to Downtown Maldon