I2: Blood and Plunder

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

Re: I2: Blood and Plunder

Postby Carlos Vasquez » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:31 am

Carlos quickly tried to tighten a knot around the beastie, keeping it restrained.
Carlos Vasquez
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:35 am

Something about the cap tapped Tereza's memory from the legends she'd been reading lately, but she struggled to recall what it was as she currently was struggling with one of the little bastards in her face. She sinks all the way into the construct and the temperature of the air around the construct drops like a stone. The ice of the construct takes on a disturbing set of red streaks as the ice readjusts again to compensate for the breaking and in the process carrying Tereza's blood around in it.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:17 pm

C'mon voltage!

Bruce charged up, attempting to will bioelectricity into his hands as Tosh's diagnostic suggested, and clapped his hands together. Surely something cool and explosive would happen.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

High Concept: Nascent Cardinal Guardian
Aspect: Adorkable Tech Genius
Aspect: Hero In The Blood
Aspect: Crowded Brain
Aspect: Werewolf Lover
Aspect: Guilty Conscience

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:23 pm

The red-hooded one lets out a stream of rhyming profanities that end up muffled by being gagged by a rope and dangling from it. She swings back and forth, waving her extremities around as she tries to get Carlos with her flailing needle.

The one clambering around on Thereza spots the streaks of crimson running through the ice and almost salivates, his tongue flicking out and around his wide lips before he begins to gnaw at the ice itself.

Bruce's hands flare to life with the crackling of electricity and a loud thunderclap echos through the streets when he claps them together with an accompanying shockwave staggering even him at point blank range. The Redcap on the other hand tumbles off of him, clutching his ear and screaming with a high-pitched whine as he falls to the ground.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:31 pm

A hand made of ice reaches out of the construct, just above the distracted redcap. It makes a grab for his hat, intending to pull the hat itself back into construct. To aid the separation, the ice thumps out at the gnawing redcap trying to separate body from hat.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:19 pm

"I... am... awesome..." Bruce smirked boastfully. He stomped over and attempted to kick the knife away.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:51 pm

The Redcap glares at Bruce, still clutching his ears. When Bruce kicks away the knife he screams at him and runs in between his legs, grabs his shark-tail and with a physics-defying swoop flips the giant shark-monster through the air and slams him down into the street, cracking the pavement.

Meanwhile Thereza manages to snatch the soaked cap away from the distracted Redcap, at which point the little man seems to go completely berserk and starts pounding at the ice. The first few punches send huge cracks through the entire construct, the ice groaning and cracking as tiny fists hammer into it but then, after a couple strikes the effects seem to get less and less until no more cracks appear in the ice from the blows. "She stole my cap, the wretched strut! Tear her, bag her, rip her gut!" he screeches, which seems to get the attention of every single one of them, even the one busy dangling from a rope. The one Sam has pinned under the manhole cover suddenly throws cover and Sam up and to the side while the one that just slammed Bruce into the ground, turns his head and runs towards Thereza.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Carlos Vasquez » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:57 pm

Now with an improvised Redcap bolo, Carlos swung his rope--and the redcap--'round and round, trying to use it to knock out the one that just shoved off Bruce.
Carlos Vasquez
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:01 pm

It's a valiant effort that probably would have worked. If it wasn't for the fact that the Redcap on the rope had finally dropped her second needle and instead grabbed a hold of the rope and pulled herself along it, which takes more and more range out of Carlos' weapon. The little monster also got closer and closer to where he was holding the rope. The fact that she's being spun around doesn't seem to bother her all that much.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:10 pm

A much smaller humanoid construct punches its way out of the larger form, slamming into the redcap clinging to the larger frame in an effort to peel it off. As it does so, the rest of the construct fractures as well, splitting off into small constructs not much bigger than the redcaps. One of them has the hat in it, but murky with the combination of trash and Tereza's blood, it's hard to tell which one it might be. What's left behind is Tereza with her injured leg encased in ice as she grins, her eyes burning a pure white. "Get their hats," she says through gritted teeth, having to try a couple of times before it comes out in something other than Russian. Her hands extended, she shell-games the smaller constructs, running them around and trying to keep the deprived redcap's hat away from him.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:13 pm

Bruce groaned and growled angrily as he managed to stand, eyes fading back from wild and dark.

"The... hat? On it!"

He began chasing his Redcap, trying to catch it by the hat.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:14 am

Sam scrambles after the redcap knocks her off her feet. Having a manhole cover handy, and having a bunch of individuals of relatively similar height whose attention is firmly fixed away from her at the moment, she rights herself and tries hefting the cover. It takes some doing, her body wrenching and bolstering itself until she has sufficient weight and muscle mass to do so.

Then she tries sending the heavy thing whirling off like a Frisbee at the redcaps.
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Carlos Vasquez » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:19 am

Carlos, seeing the advancing redcap *climbing* the rope, changed tactics, and tried to swing the dang thing into some buildings.
Carlos Vasquez
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:19 am

The hat-less Redcap seems to have a pretty good fix on where his hat is, even with all the diversions, but he's not having much success actually getting past them. He seems to be growing weaker by the second, visibly withering away until he's just crawling on all fours among the ice constructs.

Carlos slams the Redcap into a wall, which makes her lose her grip on the rope and the next swing has more slack and has her hanging by her teeth. Chunks of brick and mortar go flying when she hits the wall once more, though judging by the angry yelling it seems she's still conscious.

Sam manages to heft the manhole cover at the one that had thrown her off in the first place and, with his attention focused on Thereza and her constructs gets hit right in his little head. The heavy cover snaps his head forward at an unnatural angle before burying his body under the metal disk. Twitching and squirming despite what looks like a broken neck he tries to worm his way out from underneath the manhole cover.

Tosh reaches for the hat of the one running away from him, but it seems the little guys are pretty damn fast. He manages to just about slip out of Bruce's reach before throwing himself at the first ice construct he can get to, biting into it with his jagged teeth and shattering it in an instant.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:33 am

Bruce didn't stop trying to catch the little monster, and woe to any ice constructs or anything else not-a-teammate in his way.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Carlos Vasquez » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:09 am

Not one to let an advantage go to waste, Carlos followed up by actually yanking the Redcap towards him, so he could deliver a knock-out punch.
Carlos Vasquez
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:30 am

The strain's starting to show on Tereza as she shuffles control, reforming the shattered construct and using a different one to make a grab for the hat of the redcap that shattered the construct. One of the other constructs falls onto the withering one, immediately turning into a block of ice around him to trap him. Sam might pick up a strange sort of mental repetition coming from Tereza with an almost march-like cadence, but she's actually *thinking* in what sounds like Russian so the actual words aren't intelligible. Her lips move as well, but she's not actually saying anything audible.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:38 am

Sam makes a bounding leap for the manhole cover again, trying to pin the one injured by it so Tereza has a better chance to get its hat.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:49 pm

The withering one gets piled up on by constructs and fails to fight back in any significant way.

The one Bruce is making a lunge for is already moving on to another construct, but he's getting mobbed by ice now and while Bruce's hands might now be the best for plucking a tiny piece of damp fabric from it he definitely manages to get his hands around them while the creeping ice pulls the cap from the flailing gnome.

The one Carlos has on a leash doesn't have much say in where she's going right now, lacking a surface to stand on her strength doesn't really come into effect and so she's jerked right into Carlos' fist, her hood sliding off her head as she collapses to the ground.

Sam has the 4th and final one pinned, at least for the moment. It's out of range of Thereza's constructs, so if she wants to remove it's hat she has to do it herself. Only the head is sticking out at the moment but it's jerking around and chomping at the air as it twists it's head around.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Carlos Vasquez » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:27 pm

Carlos collapsed to the ground, exhausted.

"Don't mind me, I'll...be right there."
Carlos Vasquez
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:27 pm

He didn't notice the rope twitching again.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:44 pm

"Mine now little dude," Bruce grinned as he stepped back.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:53 am

Tereza drops to her knee on her good leg, putting her weight there. She glances oddly at the twitching rope. She says, "Ummm, <that rope is moving. Why is that rope moving?>" Of course, most of it comes out in Russian and she tries a couple of more times before looking vaguely concerned.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:57 pm

Sam snatches the hat off the pinned redcap before looking to Tereza's murmurings in Russian with a quirked brow.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:03 pm

Tereza points over at the rope in Carlos' hand and repeats her question, still not speaking English.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Carlos Vasquez » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:48 pm

"Tereza? Are you alright?"

Carlos dropped what he was holding and went over to check on her.
Carlos Vasquez
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Bruce watched Tereza with concern before following her gaze to the rope.

"The rope? What about it?"
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:07 pm

Tereza took a deep breath, and Sam would get the mental impression that she was somehow centering herself and her mind was resorting something. She said one word that came out in Russian again, then made twitchy motions with her hands and pointed at the rope again, a look of frustration on her face.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:38 am

"...look, either someone can pick that up, or someone can hold this bloody creature down and I'll do it."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:24 pm

The pinned creature's struggles rapidly get weaker after Sam took it's cap until it just stops completely. It's hard to tell whether it's dead or not, but putting it's hat back on to see if it wakes up again seems like a bad idea.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:39 pm

"Fine, but if the fairy rope, like, strangles me in revenge or something I'm so totally blaming you," Bruce said as he stepped to it. He knelt down, wincing slightly from his wounds, and picked up the rope with his free hand.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:02 pm

The rope twitched once or twice more, but then stopped.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Samantha McManus » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:35 pm

"Is it alive? Why did it stop when you picked it up?"
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:47 pm

"Playing dead maybe?"

He gave the rope a shake.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:51 pm

The rope quivered slightly, again.

Sam would DEFINITELY be getting a sense that it was alive. Possibly terrified, too, though it was hard to make out from the various surrounding noise and the fact that it was, well, a rope.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Samantha McManus » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:31 pm

Not quite sure what she's hearing, Sam shifts back down to her normal shape as she approaches Tosh.

"Give," she says, offering the redcap's hat in trade.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:52 pm

Now Bruce had two, two bloody hats. Ah ah ah.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:31 pm

The rope felt...strangely familiar, in an unfamiliar sort of way. Not like the faerie magic at all.

...More like shapeshifting, frankly.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Samantha McManus » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:42 pm

"This doesn't... feel like it belongs with them," she says, turning the rope over in her hands, and gently probing with her mind.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:17 pm

Yeah, she had definitley felt this signal before.

In that, you know, it was Will. That was a good sign of these kinds of things.
Narrator
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to Downtown Maldon