I2DT - After Image

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

I2DT - After Image

Postby Narrator » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:30 pm

The morning after her date, Miriam would awake to find she was alone in Trinity's room. A set of casual clothes in her size were laid out on a chair and her dress from the previous night as on a hanger behind the chair. The quiet hum of the seclusion device was still present, so she couldn't sense anything outside of the room. Early morning sunlight filtered in through the curtains. A folded note lay on top of the clothes.
Narrator
Site Admin

Re: I2DT - After Image

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:46 pm

Miriam slowly climbs out of bed and stretches as she looks around the room. It feels unusual not to be able to tell if there's anybody else nearby, a little unsettling even, especially since she's not entirely sure what Trinity and her group is up to. Not that she's worried for her own safety, but it's a little disconcerting. She slowly walks over to the stack of clothes, not feeling vulnerable enough to hurry to get into clothes. Instead she calmly picks up the note and reads it.
Miriam Bell
Student

High Concept: Sorrowful Telepath
Aspect: Powerful Enemies
Aspect: Structural Shadow

Postby Trinity » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:55 pm

Trinity wrote:Sorry I'm not here, but I had to run a quick errand. If I'm not downstairs when you wake up, feel free to hunt down Ursus, he'll be in the barn, and have him take you home. Or make yourself at home, as I will be back as soon as I can." - Trinity
Trinity

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:18 pm

Miriam grabs the clothes Trinity laid out for her and gets dressed before gathering up her things from the night before. Stepping out of the room she opens her mind to her surroundings to see who is in the house as she makes her way downstairs.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:27 pm

The two sleeping minds she'd sensed the night before are missing, as is Trinity's strange presence. Bitshift still seems to be in his computer room, his sense indicating he's lost in whatever it is he's doing. There's a vague sense from outside, but it's a little ways away and hard to get a fix on.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:36 pm

Miriam heads for the kitchen and starts making herself some coffee. Then, coffee mug in hand she wanders around the house a bit, trying to seem casual as she gets an idea of the layout of the place.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:44 pm

The kitchen has been relatively updated with some of the smaller appliances looking almost brand new. The dining room looks as if it's been turned into a conference room of sorts with a couple of whiteboards hanging on the wall. Whoever cleaned them last was apparently very thorough. There are what used to be two sitting rooms downstairs. One has been turned into a den of sorts with a television. The other is apparently Bitshift's domain and loaded with computer equipment. There's one bedroom downstairs, but it looks unused. Upstairs, there are probably more bedrooms, but all the doors, except Trinity's are shut. There's also the requisite bathrooms, but they're pretty unremarkable.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:45 pm

Not wanting to be suspiciously nosey, Miriam finishes her coffee and heads outside to see if she can find Ursus.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:49 pm

The big man is in the barn as Trinity suggested, working out a punching bag. There's also a couple of what look like broken wooden dummies in one corner with deep parallel gouge marks in their surface. As she enters, Ursus turns around, "Something I can do for you, Miss?"
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:53 pm

"Trinity said you could take me back to town?" she says, eyeing the man and his work on the dummies. "If you're not too busy, that is."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:07 pm

"I'd be happy too," Ursus said, grabbing a wind jacket off a nearby nail and motioning towards another section of the barn where the car from last night was parked. From the looks of that section, there was usually another vehicle parked there as well. "Trinity said to let you know she was sorry she couldn't make it back before you needed to leave. She said she would call you again soon."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:09 pm

"I'll be looking forward to it. I'd love to stay, but I have some schoolwork to take care of." she says as she follows him to the car.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:23 pm

The drive back is uneventful, if a bit meandering as Ursus follows some sort of weird path. This time though, he doesn't let her out himself. He just sits in the car while she gets out of the campus' front gate. As soon as she's out and safely away from the car, he drives away again.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Not happy with being errant boy or me, is the question. Miriam muses as she heads onto campus, looking for Thereza.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:26 pm

Finding Tereza wasn't terribly difficult. She was visible out on the grounds, currently encased in a suit of ice. It looked like she was practicing walking around in the suit, moving her arms and taking the occasional practice punch.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:00 pm

Miriam stops some distance away and just watches her for a moment, waiting for a good time to interrupt her practice.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:40 pm

After a bit, the practice gets more complicated with the armor sprouting spikes in response to Tereza's movements. After a little bit more of that, the front of the ice opens and deposits Tereza onto the lawn. She stretches, checking one of her legs and then stretching her arms some more.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:01 pm

"A little different than Tai Chi on the lawn." she jokes politely as she walks up to Thereza.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:04 pm

"It has it's own appeal as meditation," Tereza says, patting the suit. The gap in it closes up and it takes a step back.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:00 pm

"Doesn't that get incredibly claustrophobic?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:05 pm

"I don't know. I suppose it could, but it doesn't seem to bother me," Tereza said, looking at the suit with a mildly puzzled look on her face. "Just feels kind of like a second skin."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:11 pm

"Suppose for you it is. Do you have a moment to talk?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:14 pm

"Yeah, but I should probably walk this thing down to the beach. Grounds crew gets touchy when I leave ice on the lawn," she said with a chuckle. "Can we walk and talk?"
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:43 pm

"Of course." she says, falling in line walking next to Thereza and the ice-suit.

"I had the pleasure of running into some of your old friends. Three of them, to be precise. She asked me to help surprise you at a concert but I figured some people might not appreciate being caught unaware like that."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:49 pm

It wouldn't take a telepath to register Tereza's surprise. Both she and the construct stopped and turned to look at Miriam, "Did she give you a name?"
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:07 pm

"She said their name is Trinity."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:10 pm

Tereza stared at her like she'd sprouted two extra heads for a moment, then turned back towards the direction they were heading. "Well, shit," she mumbled.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:15 pm

"I figured this might be your reaction. I did tell her that I've seen you around because I didn't want to risk her catching on to a straight-up lie, but nothing beyond that."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:21 pm

"She probably already knows I'm here. She was probably just testing you, getting a sense of whether you cared enough about me to try to hide me. We didn't part on the best of terms, so whatever she's planning, it's probably not good."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:32 pm

"Oh I'm sure. I trust my shields but I don't trust them that much." she says, briefly wondering whether or not to tell Tereza about the fact that Trinity seemed to be trying to recruit her.

"I get that this is very private, but who exactly are these people?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:37 pm

Tereza walked in silence for a moment and it would be easy to sense some sort of internal debate. Finally, Tereza turned her head to look at her again, "How up are you on your mutant supremacy groups?"
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:56 pm

"Not particularly well, but it's hard not to hear some things."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:03 pm

"Well, what I'm about to tell you stays between you and me. Seeing as you're already involved, I can't very well let you operate blind. She's affiliated with the Brotherhood. Like, not directly reporting to Magneto as far as I know, or at least they weren't back a few years ago, but doing business as, I guess? Loose association?" The construct clenched its fists.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:58 pm

"So they're a legitimate terrorist cell? Or just sympathizers?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:01 pm

"Column A, column B," Tereza said. "And it depends on who you're talking to. If she's in charge, Trinity's likely to prioritize mutants over humans, but she's not going to go out of her way to kill humans. They're ultimately too useful to her to risk pissing them all off."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:58 am

"So they're what, very zealous activists?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:47 pm

"Maybe I'm underplaying them so that it doesn't sound so horrible when I tell you that I used to run with them. I wasn't at Muir for anything having to do with my power," Tereza said. "Trinity's dangerous, because she plans, like long haul. Now she may have changed, but back when I was with her, she already had designs on taking over the group. The leader then was an uncompromising sort of guy. All principles and the mutant cause. Trinity believed mutants are superior, but humans have their place, namely as an underclass. Her calculations must tell her she has something to gain by 'surprising' me. Whatever that means. Maybe she just hopes I'll come back." It was obvious Tereza was just trying to reassure herself. "I owe them something I guess. They busted me out of my old school."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:22 pm

"Which, presumably, was not a nice place to be." Miriam concludes. "I don't know how ruthless she is, but that could be a setup to bring you back into the fold. You owe her something and you're trying to put them in a better light than they might deserve already all on your own. That's plenty for a telepath to work with and at the end of the day you'd probably think it was your idea too." Not that she's spend much time thinking about that just now. This line of thinking just kind of comes naturally to her, which in many ways is probably worse.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:31 pm

"Is it just her and Ursus?" Tereza asked, readjusting her ponytail as she thought.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:34 pm

"She had someone called Bitshift manning a bunch of computers and there were others in the house but I didn't see them. I could probably find out."
Miriam Bell
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to Downtown Maldon