I2DT - On My Way

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

Re: I2DT - On My Way

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:12 am

"This is so nuts... This isn't what being a superhero should be like..."
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Postby Onyx » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:19 am

"Then leave," Onyx says coldly. "I can deal with this myself."
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:24 am

For a moment Nailah looks like she's considering it, but she's in this already no matter what and she's not going to let her partner down. "No. I said I was gonna help you and I'm gonna help you. Where do we need to go to get the camera recordings?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:45 am

"The footage should be stored at the police station," Onyx says. "We need to find the room the footage is being held in and access it. It should be simple."
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:53 am

"Yeah, really simple." she says, poking her head over the edge of the roof to get a look at the police station across the road. "There's a door in the back but I bet it's locked with all kinds of stuff."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:57 am

"I can unlock the door," Onyx says. "I need you to keep lookout. Tell me if anyone is approaching."
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:59 am

"Okay. I'll stay up here until you give me the signal then." she says, looking around for a good place to keep an eye on the station and the adjacent street along with the backdoor.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:15 am

Onyx jumps down and darts into the shadows, disappearing from sight. She stays hidden until she reaches the door, beginning the process of breaking in.

As Onyx is at work, a patrol begins lazily making his way towards her position.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:21 am

Oh gosh-dangit! Nailah hurries along the edge of the roof, crouched down low. Once she gets to the next roof she grabs a shingle and nervously tries to wrench it free. She looses her grip a couple times before she takes a deep breath and slows down a bit. Once she has the loose shingle she picks a window down the road, away from where Onyx is, and throws the thing like a frisbee into the window, shattering it with a loud crash.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:35 am

The distraction does the trick! The guard's attention is pulled away from Onyx's illegal activities.

Meanwhile, Onyx has managed to get the door open. She gestures at Nailah to come join her.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:38 am

Nailah throws one last glance at the patrol to make sure their attention is not anywhere near her and she throws herself off the roof, hoping to cross most of the distance in a quick dive. She comes to a stumbling stop next to Onyx and gives her a quick thumbs up before following her inside.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:43 am

Onyx closes the door behind her. "We need to move fast. There's not much time."

She quickly leads Nailah down the stairs and into the basement. It isn't long before they're at the server room. Onyx crouches down and begins picking the lock on the door.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:50 am

Nailah presses herself against the wall and nervously glances down the corridor while Onyx works on the lock. If someone turns down the hallway now they're completely screwed outside of trying to fight their way out and making things a million times worse.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:44 pm

Luckily, no one seemed to be venturing into the hall at that moment. They were probably all responding to the horrific murder. Not a comforting thought.

Onyx unlocks the door and opens it, "Get in."
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:52 pm

Nailah quickly slips into the room, almost relieved to do so, despite the fact that this is mindbogglingly illegal.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:54 pm

Onyx closes the door, locking it behind her. She pushes past Nailah rather rudely and heads to a terminal sitting at the front of the room.
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:59 pm

Nailah frowns at her friend and follows her. She hadn't been sure how things were gonna be after they'd spend that one day together, but she hadn't thought it'd be this bad, even with everything that was going on. When she'd heard her on the phone she'd pictured herself heroically coming to her help and giving her a comforting hug. Reality had not quite delivered on that front.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:05 am

Onyx takes a USB out of her belt and plugs it into the terminal. A prompt appears on the screen:

Code: Select all
>>> run crash_override.exe? Y/N?

Onyx types "y" and hits enter.

Code: Select all
>>> deleting files...
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:17 am

"Hey, what are you doing? I thought we were here to look for clues!?" she says as she watches Onyx deleting files.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Onyx » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:26 am

The program seemed to be deleting all of the files and footage held in the servers at a very rapid pace.

"I'm sorry," Onyx says. "But I knew you'd object if you knew the truth. They're trying to frame me. The footage would have undoubtedly shown me entering the building at the time of the murder. Now, they're missing a weapon in their arsenal."
Onyx
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:34 am

"Instead we broke in and made it look like we had something to hide! This isn't right, Onyx. We should be trying to hunt down who did this, not destroy evidence!"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to Downtown Maldon