I2DT: In the cold, dark night

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

I2DT: In the cold, dark night

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:20 pm

Sam and company make their way towards the location the headmistress found in one of the school vans.

"We've got to be quick," she says to the others as the van nears.

[Open to anyone who wants to tag along and punch evil mutants]
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Re: I2DT: In the cold, dark night

Postby Narrator » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:30 pm

The house itself is a two-story affair with a small porch around the front door. There's a van parked near the front door. A short distance from the house is a barn. Obvious tire tracks lead to and from the barn. There's some soft glow in the windows of the house though no immediate sign of shadows moving around the house.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:58 pm

"Do we have a plan yet?" Tosh asked, fighting the urge to yawn.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

High Concept: Nascent Cardinal Guardian
Aspect: Adorkable Tech Genius
Aspect: Hero In The Blood
Aspect: Crowded Brain
Aspect: Werewolf Lover
Aspect: Guilty Conscience

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:59 pm

"We think they have her in the basement, though the barn is probably worth checking too."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:15 pm

"Most modern structures have pipes. Any attempt at usage can cause a flood."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:54 pm

A largish human figure comes out of the barn and makes its way to the van. Another figure gets out of the back of the van and the two appear to be having some sort of conversation. In the dark shadow of the van, it's hard to make out details though.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:19 pm

"We're going to miss our chance if we don't move soon. Everyone ready?"
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:58 pm

Tosh nodded. "Just tell me what to smash first."
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:58 pm

"See that fellow?"

She points to Ursus.

"He turns into a bear."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Carlos Vasquez » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:53 pm

"Ready, Morrigan," Carlos nodded. "Whenever you are."
Carlos Vasquez
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:04 am

Next to the van, Ursus struck a match and lit a cigarette, the glow lighting his face briefly as he continued his conversation with the other man.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Carlos Vasquez » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:18 am

"Sam, you want to take the main house if I take the barn, or vice-versa?"
Carlos Vasquez
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:19 am

"Alright Samebito, you're on point. Let's go."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:58 am

Tosh stepped out and transformed as he moved towards the van.

"Hey Smokey, I thought you were supposed to be against starting fires? So disappointed in you bro," Bruce quipped.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:05 am

The response was immediate. With a loud, growling roar, Ursus exploded into a mountain of muscle and fur. "You think you are funny, boy," he said as he squared up. Something happened to the man next to him, but in the dark it was hard to see what exactly.

The roar seemed to stir some activity in the house, but no one made an immediate appearance.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:10 am

With Caledfwlch strapped to her back Vivienne moved towards the house, her goal, the outdoor water faucet.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:26 am

Sam circles around, trying to use her telepathy to direct attention away from her as she looks to see if there is an external entrance to the house's basement.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Carlos Vasquez » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:37 am

Meanwhile, Carlos booked it for the barn--speed and quick strikes were the motto of the day.
Carlos Vasquez
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:40 am

Meanwhile in Trinity's room Miriam stirs at the loud roar from outside. For a moment she's disoriented, confused by how muted the world feels outside the room. Then she remembers where she is and she makes an effort to push her mind past the psi-dampening as she slides out of bed.
Miriam Bell
Student

High Concept: Sorrowful Telepath
Aspect: Powerful Enemies
Aspect: Structural Shadow

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:54 am

Miriam Bell wrote:Meanwhile in Trinity's room Miriam stirs at the loud roar from outside. For a moment she's disoriented, confused by how muted the world feels outside the room. Then she remembers where she is and she makes an effort to push her mind past the psi-dampening as she slides out of bed.

Trinity isn't in the room. Pushing past the psi-damping is like pushing through a waterfall. There are two new minds in the house and she can easily sense the feral rush from Ursus outside. She can sense Bitshift's mind near the backdoor. Blaze's mind goes out of range almost immediately and she can sense Flare's mind near the front door. The other minds outside are indistinct and hard to make out.
Carlos Vasquez wrote:Meanwhile, Carlos booked it for the barn--speed and quick strikes were the motto of the day.

The front door of the house bangs open and a rush of air heads towards the barn. The rush breezes up next to Carlos with a fist blurring out of it at his head before the rush passes him.
Samantha McManus wrote:Sam circles around, trying to use her telepathy to direct attention away from her as she looks to see if there is an external entrance to the house's basement.

No immediately visible entrance to the basement can be seen. There does appear to be a back door though as it starts to open quietly and someone appears to be trying to slip out of it.
Vivienne Chinnoir wrote:With Caledfwlch strapped to her back Vivienne moved towards the house, her goal, the outdoor water faucet.

The outdoor water faucet isn't hard to find as it's near a small area where a flower garden would be for a more long term resident. She does attract the attention of the other man from the van though. He steps into the light of one of the windows and the light glints off his metal form. He speaks English with a thick Russian accent, "You do not belong here, my dear. I suggest you leave."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Carlos Vasquez » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:59 am

The front door of the house bangs open and a rush of air heads towards the barn. The rush breezes up next to Carlos with a fist blurring out of it at his head before the rush passes him.

Carlos, belatedly, tried to sweep the leg and kick whatever was in the breeze. He was fast, but probably like molasses compared to the speedy dude.
Carlos Vasquez
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:02 am

"Nah dude, I think I'm hilarious," Bruce said, taking a fighting stance.

You're going to say it aren't you?

Totally am bro.

"Come at me bro."
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:02 am

The outdoor water faucet isn't hard to find as it's near a small area where a flower garden would be for a more long term resident. She does attract the attention of the other man from the van though. He steps into the light of one of the windows and the light glints off his metal form. He speaks English with a thick Russian accent, "You do not belong here, my dear. I suggest you leave."

"Interesting, I was about to suggest the same thing to you." She held her hand out towards the faucet and pulled hard at the water within, making a move to "throw" the sudden rush at the metallic man.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:07 am

Out of everybody Bitshift seems the most likely to tell her something and won't be distracted from whatever is going on, so she carefully makes contact with his mind.

"What's going on?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:09 am

Sam flattens herself against the wall near the back door, still trying to deflect attention from herself as Bitshift leaves.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:18 am

Samantha McManus wrote:Sam flattens herself against the wall near the back door, still trying to deflect attention from herself as Bitshift leaves.

He freezes in the doorway and Sam can sense some sort of telepathic contact coming to him.
Miriam Bell wrote:Out of everybody Bitshift seems the most likely to tell her something and won't be distracted from whatever is going on, so she carefully makes contact with his mind.

"What's going on?"

"Shit. Sorry, Mnemosyne. Somebody found us. Shit's going down. Don't tell Trinity you saw me leave? Please?" The sense from him is that he's genuinely scared.
Vivienne Chinnoir wrote:"Interesting, I was about to suggest the same thing to you." She held her hand out towards the faucet and pulled hard at the water within, making a move to "throw" the sudden rush at the metallic man.

The man staggers a step or two but pushes back against the water, "I belong here more than you do." He continues to push his way towards her as water sprays everywhere.
Toshiro Narumi wrote:"Nah dude, I think I'm hilarious," Bruce said, taking a fighting stance.

You're going to say it aren't you?

Totally am bro.

"Come at me bro."

Ursus lunges at Tosh, trying to wrap his arms around the shark-thing and take him to the ground.
Carlos Vasquez wrote:Carlos, belatedly, tried to sweep the leg and kick whatever was in the breeze. He was fast, but probably like molasses compared to the speedy dude.

The breeze returns, stopping a short distance away from him and resolving itself into the form of a young woman. She frowns. "I always seem to miss that first swing. Have to practice that some more," she says with a French accent.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Carlos Vasquez » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:21 am

The breeze returns, stopping a short distance away from him and resolving itself into the form of a young woman. She frowns. "I always seem to miss that first swing. Have to practice that some more," she says with a French accent.

"My lady, I will show you how to dance," Carlos said in his Spanish accent, fainting a kick one way and trying to connect with a punch the other.
Carlos Vasquez
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:26 am

Miriam Bell wrote:Out of everybody Bitshift seems the most likely to tell her something and won't be distracted from whatever is going on, so she carefully makes contact with his mind.

"What's going on?"

What's up? her underwear thought.
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:29 am

"I'm not sure. Something is happening outside. Some kind of attack."

"Hey, don't worry, I'm not a fighter either. Don't blame you for trying to get out of the way."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:39 am

Narrator wrote:Ursus lunges at Tosh, trying to wrap his arms around the shark-thing and take him to the ground.

Bruce tried to grapple with Ursus and match his strength.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:41 am

The man staggers a step or two but pushes back against the water, "I belong here more than you do." He continues to push his way towards her as water sprays everywhere.

"That is a matter for debate, but for now you are all wet." She pushed at the water on his body seeking weaknesses in his armor and pushing back against this forward motion.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:43 am

Not sure how long she can wait, Sam tries to nudge Bitshift's mind towards continuing what he was doing.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:55 am

Samantha McManus wrote:Not sure how long she can wait, Sam tries to nudge Bitshift's mind towards continuing what he was doing.

Bitshift shakes his head and starts to move on, clearing the door.
Vivienne Chinnoir wrote:"That is a matter for debate, but for now you are all wet." She pushed at the water on his body seeking weaknesses in his armor and pushing back against this forward motion.

"Despite being called the Iron Soldier, I don't rust." His entire skin seems to be one smooth piece of metal with the only 'gaps' being the usual gaps that the human form has. He reached out and grabbed a chunk of rock from the porch and flung it at her pretty hard.
Toshiro Narumi wrote:Bruce tried to grapple with Ursus and match his strength.

Ursus seemed to be the stronger of the two and was gradually forcing Bruce back, twisting him every now and then as he tried for a headlock.
Miriam Bell wrote:"I'm not sure. Something is happening outside. Some kind of attack."

"Hey, don't worry, I'm not a fighter either. Don't blame you for trying to get out of the way."

Something seemed to nudge Bitshift's mind. I gotta go. See you around. She felt his mind begin to move away.
Carlos Vasquez wrote:"My lady, I will show you how to dance," Carlos said in his Spanish accent, fainting a kick one way and trying to connect with a punch the other.

She moved an arm to deflect the punch, knocking it aside. "Too slow, matador. Entirely too slow." She lashed out with a kick of her own, opting for accuracy over speed apparently.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:01 am

"I need something a bit more covering, Will." she says, accompanying it with the mental image of a pants-suit kind of number as she hurries for the door. She needs to find Trinity and the shield is getting in her way. Not to mention that there seemed to be some telepathic influence nudging Bitshift along and she wasn't going to let herself be handicapped. The sounds from outside certainly sound like there's a confrontation going on.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:02 am

Sam waits a few breaths as Bitshift leaves, and tries to slip quietly in the back door.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:04 am

Bruce grinned, "Guess what dude?"

"I'm electric."

He charged his hands and gripped tight.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:15 am

"Despite being called the Iron Soldier, I don't rust." His entire skin seems to be one smooth piece of metal with the only 'gaps' being the usual gaps that the human form has. He reached out and grabbed a chunk of rock from the porch and flung it at her pretty hard.

Vivienne pulled Caledfwlch and struck out at the rock. "You took my 'Подруга', leave or else."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:18 am

Miriam Bell wrote:"I need something a bit more covering, Will." she says, accompanying it with the mental image of a pants-suit kind of number as she hurries for the door. She needs to find Trinity and the shield is getting in her way. Not to mention that there seemed to be some telepathic influence nudging Bitshift along and she wasn't going to let herself be handicapped. The sounds from outside certainly sound like there's a confrontation going on.

Whether Will agreed or not, he shifted around her, forming the pant-suit.

Alright. Let's DO this, he said, his voice mentally growling.
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Carlos Vasquez » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:20 am

She moved an arm to deflect the punch, knocking it aside. "Too slow, matador. Entirely too slow." She lashed out with a kick of her own, opting for accuracy over speed apparently.

With the girl at normal speeds, Carlos easily caught her leg, attempting to use her momentum to throw her down to the ground.

His PLAN, at least, was to lock a hold onto the ankle--catch the tiger by the toe, as it were, so she couldn't run off.
Carlos Vasquez
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:29 am

Will Stanton wrote:
Miriam Bell wrote:"I need something a bit more covering, Will." she says, accompanying it with the mental image of a pants-suit kind of number as she hurries for the door. She needs to find Trinity and the shield is getting in her way. Not to mention that there seemed to be some telepathic influence nudging Bitshift along and she wasn't going to let herself be handicapped. The sounds from outside certainly sound like there's a confrontation going on.

Whether Will agreed or not, he shifted around her, forming the pant-suit.

Alright. Let's DO this, he said, his voice mentally growling.

Downstairs, she can see Flare hiding next to the door and glancing out occasionally at whatever is going on outside. She can pick up Trinity's mind along with the two other new minds in an area of the house that she wasn't even aware was an area of the house. There's also a familiar mind coming in the back door.
Samantha McManus wrote:Sam waits a few breaths as Bitshift leaves, and tries to slip quietly in the back door.

Sam slips in the backdoor and seems to be in some sort of kitchen. There's no immediately obvious basement entry and she can hear other people out in the main hallway. Two of them feel familiar.
Carlos Vasquez wrote:With the girl at normal speeds, Carlos easily caught her leg, attempting to use her momentum to throw her down to the ground.

His PLAN, at least, was to lock a hold onto the ankle--catch the tiger by the toe, as it were, so she couldn't run off.

The girl spun with the rotation, bouncing off the ground with her hands and continuing the rotation to bring her free foot around at Carlos. He still had a hold of her other foot though.
Vivienne Chinnoir wrote:Vivienne pulled Caledfwlch and struck out at the rock. "You took my 'Подруга', leave or else."

"Do you know just how dangerous your 'Подруга' is? She could kill you all." He wrenched a piece of lumber out of the porch readied it in one hand.
Toshiro Narumi wrote:Bruce grinned, "Guess what dude?"

"I'm electric."

He charged his hands and gripped tight.

Ursus howled in pain and his grip seized up... which made his claws dig into Tosh's shoulders, but did temporarily stop his attempts to pin Tosh.
Narrator
Site Admin

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to Downtown Maldon