I2DT: In the cold, dark night

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

Re: I2DT: In the cold, dark night

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:31 am

Come on, come on...

Sam continues down the hallway, trying to keep her concentration together on attention deflection. She's ready to duck into a side room if the opportunity presents itself before she finds a basement door.
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:39 am

"Trinity, what's going on?" Miriam sends to her friend as she makes a helpless shrugging gesture at Flare that amounts to pretty much asking the same thing. She doesn't recognize Sam's mind among everything that's going on.
Miriam Bell
Student

High Concept: Sorrowful Telepath
Aspect: Powerful Enemies
Aspect: Structural Shadow

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:53 am

"Do you know just how dangerous your 'Подруга' is? She could kill you all." He wrenched a piece of lumber out of the porch readied it in one hand.

"That makes us two of a kind." She finally changed, her eyes becoming dark, her skin glowing blue green. She grasped Cal with both hands and shoved upward, pulling the muck and water at his feet towards the sky.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Carlos Vasquez » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:16 am

The girl spun with the rotation, bouncing off the ground with her hands and continuing the rotation to bring her free foot around at Carlos. He still had a hold of her other foot though

Carlos just tried to duck the other foot, falling to the ground, keeping his grip on the ankle.

You can't let a speedster get away, afterall, and Carlos was good in a grapple.
Carlos Vasquez
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Narrator wrote:Ursus howled in pain and his grip seized up... which made his claws dig into Tosh's shoulders, but did temporarily stop his attempts to pin Tosh.

Bruce growled in pain before delivering a nasty gut punch.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

High Concept: Nascent Cardinal Guardian
Aspect: Adorkable Tech Genius
Aspect: Hero In The Blood
Aspect: Crowded Brain
Aspect: Werewolf Lover
Aspect: Guilty Conscience

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Toshiro Narumi wrote:Bruce growled in pain before delivering a nasty gut punch.

Ursus staggers back a step before coming back with a return blow to Bruce's gut.
Carlos Vasquez wrote:
The girl spun with the rotation, bouncing off the ground with her hands and continuing the rotation to bring her free foot around at Carlos. He still had a hold of her other foot though

Carlos just tried to duck the other foot, falling to the ground, keeping his grip on the ankle.

You can't let a speedster get away, afterall, and Carlos was good in a grapple.

With no momentum, Blaze was left to flail at Carlos. From the house, someone yelled "Blaze!" A glowing orb about the size of a baseball landed behind Carlos before exploding a half-second later in a wave of concussive force.
Vivienne Chinnoir wrote:"That makes us two of a kind." She finally changed, her eyes becoming dark, her skin glowing blue green. She grasped Cal with both hands and shoved upward, pulling the muck and water at his feet towards the sky.

His response to her change was to throw the piece of wood at her stomach. It spun through the air and collided with her as she raised her arms. Still he was now covered in muck.
Miriam Bell wrote:"Trinity, what's going on?" Miriam sends to her friend as she makes a helpless shrugging gesture at Flare that amounts to pretty much asking the same thing. She doesn't recognize Sam's mind among everything that's going on.

Little busy right now, Trinity responded. Be there momentarily. Flare yelled "Blaze!" and stepped outside, flinging something in the direction of the barn.
Samantha McManus wrote:Come on, come on...

Sam continues down the hallway, trying to keep her concentration together on attention deflection. She's ready to duck into a side room if the opportunity presents itself before she finds a basement door.

The basement door, or the panel under the stairs that approximates it, finds her first as something blows it across the hall. Tereza, in some sort of techy manacles, wrestled out into the hall by someone who could certainly be family if the resemblance was any indication. The woman wraps an arm around Tereza's neck and makes to move her for the back door. Trinity is behind her, looking extremely pissed off.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:11 pm

Miriam moves away from whatever Flare is dealing with, which takes her towards the door Bitshift scrambled out of before she sees something being blown out at somebody down the hall. She steps back into the kitchen for a second to grab a knife from the counter. Not that she has any idea what she's doing, but she feels better brandishing a weapon.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:13 pm

Narrator wrote:Ursus staggers back a step before coming back with a return blow to Bruce's gut.

Bruce staggered back the other way but used the momentum to attempt a throw.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:27 pm

His response to her change was to throw the piece of wood at her stomach. It spun through the air and collided with her as she raised her arms. Still he was now covered in muck.

She doubled over with a growl and slamming Cal into the ground. "This ends." As she pushed the sword into the wet muck the metallic man's feet and shins began to disappear into the muck. A few seconds too long and his knees would be locked in bog muck.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:02 pm

"I'm inside!" She sends to her teammates.

"They're taking her to the back door!"

Sam ducks into a side room and tries to let them pass, so hopefully she and a teammate can get them from both sides.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Carlos Vasquez » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:00 pm

With no momentum, Blaze was left to flail at Carlos. From the house, someone yelled "Blaze!" A glowing orb about the size of a baseball landed behind Carlos before exploding a half-second later in a wave of concussive force.

Trapped in a hold on Blaze, Carlos had no defense against the concussive force, and was knocked aside.
Carlos Vasquez
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:12 pm

Carlos Vasquez wrote:Trapped in a hold on Blaze, Carlos had no defense against the concussive force, and was knocked aside.

Blaze was blown away as well and a young man ran from the house towards her.
Samantha McManus wrote:"I'm inside!" She sends to her teammates.

"They're taking her to the back door!"

Sam ducks into a side room and tries to let them pass, so hopefully she and a teammate can get them from both sides.

Miriam Bell wrote:Miriam moves away from whatever Flare is dealing with, which takes her towards the door Bitshift scrambled out of before she sees something being blown out at somebody down the hall. She steps back into the kitchen for a second to grab a knife from the counter. Not that she has any idea what she's doing, but she feels better brandishing a weapon.

The woman with Tereza wrestles her past Sam's hiding place. One of the Trinity triplets remains at the basement exit while the other two follow the woman. They move into the kitchen as they head for the backdoor. Trinity spares a glance for Miriam, then gestures with her head back towards the hallway.
Toshiro Narumi wrote:Bruce staggered back the other way but used the momentum to attempt a throw.

He manages to pitch/shift Ursus to the side and the big bear takes a moment to recover before slamming into him again, employing his teeth this time.
Vivienne Chinnoir wrote:She doubled over with a growl and slamming Cal into the ground. "This ends." As she pushed the sword into the wet muck the metallic man's feet and shins began to disappear into the muck. A few seconds too long and his knees would be locked in bog muck.

"You cannot say I did not warn you," he said, struggling to try and pull himself out of the muck with very little success.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Miriam has no idea what Trinity wants from her and gives her a slight shrug as she presses herself against the side of the door leading to the hallway. It's really less to set up an ambush and more to let anybody who might be following Trinity and company to run past her. Her eyes go wide in surprise when she recognizes Tereza among them. "What's she doing here? What's going on?" she demands of Trinity.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:33 pm

Something smells WRONG here...Will mused. Go after them.
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:51 pm

Narrator wrote:He manages to pitch/shift Ursus to the side and the big bear takes a moment to recover before slamming into him again, employing his teeth this time.

Bruce's eyes went wild as he smelled blood and he returned the favor.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:09 pm

Sam tries to get a fix on the link between Trinity's bodies. If she manages to hone in on it, she'll follow that up with a blast of pain and static to try to disrupt the linkage.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:28 pm

"You cannot say I did not warn you," he said, struggling to try and pull himself out of the muck with very little success.

Vivienne stepped forward just out of reach of the iron grasp. She was glowing as the pressure of the wet mud pressed in on him. "I know of the binding you put on her mind, if it breaks, the lives taken are on you. However, the lives I take, those are mine, out of my own free will." She raised Cal and swung hard, aiming to remove head from shoulders.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Vivienne Chinnoir wrote:Vivienne stepped forward just out of reach of the iron grasp. She was glowing as the pressure of the wet mud pressed in on him. "I know of the binding you put on her mind, if it breaks, the lives taken are on you. However, the lives I take, those are mine, out of my own free will." She raised Cal and swung hard, aiming to remove head from shoulders.

As her blade came close, the man disintegrated, the flecks becoming indistinguishable in the bad light from the house.
Samantha McManus wrote:Sam tries to get a fix on the link between Trinity's bodies. If she manages to hone in on it, she'll follow that up with a blast of pain and static to try to disrupt the linkage.

Miriam Bell wrote:Miriam has no idea what Trinity wants from her and gives her a slight shrug as she presses herself against the side of the door leading to the hallway. It's really less to set up an ambush and more to let anybody who might be following Trinity and company to run past her. Her eyes go wide in surprise when she recognizes Tereza among them. "What's she doing here? What's going on?" she demands of Trinity.

Will Stanton wrote:Something smells WRONG here...Will mused. Go after them.

Her sister is taking her ho...AHHHHH! All three of the triplets grabbed their heads in obvious pain as Sam poured pain and static into their link. Their minds started compensating quickly, but the psychic noise in the area was a little stunning at the moment. The woman with Tereza turned slightly to see what the problem was, but continued to move, obviously focused on her mission. She asked Tereza something in Russian and Tereza responded in kind. Her answer didn't seem to make the woman any happier.
Toshiro Narumi wrote:Bruce's eyes went wild as he smelled blood and he returned the favor.

People talk about balls of flying fur and teeth and claws, but it's very rare that you actually see one, but that's more or less what happens as Bruce bites down and then Ursus returns the favor and they start rolling away in a tangle.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:10 pm

Narrator wrote:Her sister is taking her ho...AHHHHH! All three of the triplets grabbed their heads in obvious pain as Sam poured pain and static into their link. Their minds started compensating quickly, but the psychic noise in the area was a little stunning at the moment. The woman with Tereza turned slightly to see what the problem was, but continued to move, obviously focused on her mission. She asked Tereza something in Russian and Tereza responded in kind. Her answer didn't seem to make the woman any happier.

Miriam doesn't really have time to delve into the intricacies of what is going on, but it sounds like her sister is protecting her from whoever is attacking them. Thus she promptly ignores Will and steps out into the hallway and tries to push the mental attack away from Trinity. She's good at getting into peoples' heads, by extension it shouldn't be too hard to drive a psychic spike through the same gaps, her avatar manifesting a knife similar to the one she's holding as she attacks Sam.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:18 pm

NO!
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:21 pm

Narrator wrote:People talk about balls of flying fur and teeth and claws, but it's very rare that you actually see one, but that's more or less what happens as Bruce bites down and then Ursus returns the favor and they start rolling away in a tangle.

Bruce punched away furiously, using his bio-electricity to enhance his blows as well as his bite.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:54 pm

Sam reels from a mental attack that came from an unexpected direction, the feedback she's pouring into Trinity cutting out.

She staggers, steadying herself by clutching at the door frame of the room she's been hiding in.

"...M-Miriam? What... what are you doing here?!"
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:34 pm

"Bloody hell... Sam? What are you doing here!?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:37 pm

"They bloody kidnapped Tereza!" She says, pointing as she starts to recover, her defenses gathering again.

Trinity and Miriam could likely see the ravens starting to emerge around her.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:38 pm

TURN AROUND Miriam's pantsuit was practically yelling at her.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:50 pm

Sam/Miriam/Will Stuff

The closest of the Trinity triplets moved for the front door while the others told the woman with Tereza, "Get going!" The woman picked Tereza up bodily and carried her out the back door.
Toshiro Narumi wrote:Bruce punched away furiously, using his bio-electricity to enhance his blows as well as his bite.

With the added electricity, Ursus was definitely getting the short end of the stick in this fight, but there was just so much of him that he was slow to relent. Still, his attacks were getting slower.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:58 pm

"What are you talking about? She's with her sister. And stop thinking so loud, it's making it hard to concentrate, Will!"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:00 pm

As her blade came close, the man disintegrated, the flecks becoming indistinguishable in the bad light from the house.

"Meingefnllai llwfrgi!" Viv growled and turned to the house. Sam's last message sending her towards the back of the house in a sprint.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:01 pm

"Miriam, I don't know what you think sisters do, but handcuffs aren't usually involved."

"...wait, you brought Will with you?" She blinks.

"I haven't got bloody time for this..."

Sam steps out into the hallway, bringing the wrath of the flock down on Trinity and Tereza's sister in a storm of mental clawing and pecking.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:23 pm

"Maybe if you could stop attacking for a bloody second! I knew all that Badb non-sense was gonna get to your head!" Miriam's avatar slashes her knife and despite being not even remotely close several of the attacking ravens tumble out of the air with clipped wings.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:27 pm

NO!

Will couldn't shift out of the pantsuit. Curse his fabric body, it wasn't fast enough!

Instead, he concentrated and focused all his might--and attempted to swing Miriam's leg around through sheer force of...WILL-Power.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:46 pm

Trinity's response was predictable as she tried repelling the ravens with psi-blasts of her own. The ravens just seemed to slide off Tereza's sister's mind.
Vivienne Chinnoir wrote:"Meingefnllai llwfrgi!" Viv growled and turned to the house. Sam's last message sending her towards the back of the house in a sprint.

Tereza's sister was clear of the back door when Vivienne came around the corner. She gritted her teeth and put Tereza between the two of them. "Stand away, Miss Chinnoir," she said, "I'm not interested in hurting her, but I can't let her stay."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:17 am

Tereza's sister was clear of the back door when Vivienne came around the corner. She gritted her teeth and put Tereza between the two of them. "Stand away, Miss Chinnoir," she said, "I'm not interested in hurting her, but I can't let her stay."

"You humans are most vexing. You fight tooth and nail to retain your free will, yet delight in tearing it away from one another at every opportunity. You say you will not hurt her, but you clearly do not have her best interests in mind, only your own. I must say, how very Fey of you." She growled and glowed in the dim light of the house as she readied Caledfwlch.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:22 am

Sam reels in the hallway again.

"I can't fight both of you, Miriam..."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:23 am

You don't HAVE to...Will thought, concentrating, and trying to force Miriam to run down the hallway, using his training with Onyx to approximate form.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Miriam Bell » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:30 am

"Stop it, Will!" she glares as Will makes her walk after Trinity and Tereza. At least for a moment until she focuses her attention on stopping Will instead of opposing Sam.

"Sam's the one who came kicking down doors, would you stop grovelling at her feet for just one bloody second!?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Will Stanton » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:34 am

Keep walking, or I swear to God, Miriam...that's TEREZA down there.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:36 am

"I'm the one that's here with a team sent by the headmistress!"
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:49 am

Narrator wrote:With the added electricity, Ursus was definitely getting the short end of the stick in this fight, but there was just so much of him that he was slow to relent. Still, his attacks were getting slower.

"Why!" Bam! "Won't!" Zap! "You!" Pow! "Go!" Fzzt! "Down!"
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Narrator » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:56 am

Vivienne Chinnoir wrote:"You humans are most vexing. You fight tooth and nail to retain your free will, yet delight in tearing it away from one another at every opportunity. You say you will not hurt her, but you clearly do not have her best interests in mind, only your own. I must say, how very Fey of you." She growled and glowed in the dim light of the house as she readied Caledfwlch.

"Spoken like a woman who doesn't understand the stakes involved," she said moving away from Vivienne with Tereza.
Toshiro Narumi wrote:"Why!" Bam! "Won't!" Zap! "You!" Pow! "Go!" Fzzt! "Down!"

The continued beating finally took its toll on Ursus and he slumped to the ground, gasping for breath with his fur smoking in places.

Meanwhile, Trinity seemed to be taking the opportunity of Miriam distracting Sam to get away herself. She started shunting aside curiosity, using much the same trick that Sam had used earlier.
Narrator
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to Downtown Maldon