I2DT: Well you know that it's going be alright

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

Re: I2DT: Well you know that it's going be alright

Postby Emilie » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:22 am

Emilie did not.

"Trust me when I say literally no one will ever pin me. " Because I have about a billion universes between it and me.

" Also, I think maybe yer making this dirtier than it is. Think more Bettie Page request photos, less Kim Kardashian tapes.

I also never did lap work, and only topless...Since we're getting specific."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:29 am

"There's still a market for that kind of stuff? I always thought the demand always asked for more and more gonzo stuff." Jez didn't know a lot about adult industries it seemed.

"Would this be a good enough sealer?" Jez asked, selecting a middle-shelf variety.
Two's company, she's a...
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

High Concept: Soapbox Sadie with a Secret
Aspect: Painfully Situational Sociability
Aspect: Good is Not Soft
Aspect: Master Multitasker
Aspect: Gamer Chick
Aspect: Tumblr

Postby Emilie » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:39 am

"There's an ass for every seat Jez. Someone ever tells you they ain't got at least one kink, they are either boring as shit, or lying."

Emilie furrowed her brow at the bottle then chuckled. " I literally have never heard of like, half of these brands. It'll be an adventure.

Oh! Google it on your phone."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:37 am

"Oh right, I've got an app for that." Jez fished out her phone and scrolled through the screens before tapping on an icon. She turned the bottle so that the barcode faced the camera and pressed on her phone until a little tone chimed.

"Huh, four stars, that's pretty good right?" She asked, holding up her phone for Emilie to see. The screen showed a review page similar to the type one would find on an online store with stars, some reviews, and links to product info.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:16 am

"Yep! How many reviews tho? Sometimes it's sneaky liar corporations trying to trick you."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:39 am

Jez checked her phone again. "A few. They seem pretty legit, some of them have spelling mistakes so that's extra credibility, right?"
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:31 pm

"Idiots liking it is a ringing endorsement." She agreed in amusement.

The two girls found a lot of what they needed, Emilie being more than happy to dispense her make-up related knowledge to Jez when need be. Emilie had a pretty decent sized bag full of shit by the time the two were done, but she also needed things like toothpaste and shampoo, being as the tiny travel sized ones the school had provided her for interim times until she could afford her own shit were running out. If Jez was incredibly observant, she made no stops in the 'feminine needs' aisle on this tirade for lady essentials.

As far as personal hygiene was concerned, she seemed to have a running theme of 'Honey and Milk' with 'Citrus' as a back up. She dropped double what she normally would for a bottle of Burt's Bee's Milk and Honey lotion, which she did no endless amount of bitching about.

"Why can't things just cost like, a nickel a bottle still? What the hell inflation...." She spouted off again as they left the store.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:32 am

"You might be older than you look but you're not THAT old. You sound like my grandma. Only without the old-people racism that she doesn't know is racist."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:58 am

"I'ma dinosaur. Are you being racist to dinosaurs?

I can go back into Boots and buy a cane to chase you with."
Last edited by Emilie on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:27 am

"But if you need a cane then you can't do any chasing. Unless you had a scooter. Then you'd be free to see the world."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:00 am

" That's gonna take a few more paychecks." She laughed. "Well, lead the way to the thrift stores. Charity shops. Whatever they call it here."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:17 am

"Ooh, right! I haven't been into one over here yet. I wonder what kind of weird stuff they carry compared to back in the states. Probably not as many taxidermy animal heads."

Jez tapped on her phone a few times before pointing down the street. "There's one a few blocks down, and a few more further south if we have any money left."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:41 am

"I'mma buy all the things!" She said, skipping ahead of Jezabelle.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:38 am

Jez was glad she hadn't worn heels that day, otherwise she would have looked rather ridiculous in trying to keep up with the redhead. "Wait! You're gonna to run past it!"

Across the street from them stood a shop with a creme-coloured exterior and windows framed with ornate wooden trim, boasting "preloved and nearly-new" clothing.

"We can hit up the junk shops after this one, okay? I need to get some belts and maybe some boots."
Last edited by Jezabelle Sherlock on Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:42 am

When Emilie was told to wait, she jumped in place abruptly, and kept doing this merely for her own amusement until Jez caught up to her. She continued jumping up and down for several moments, a loud cacophony of jangling accompanying the movement.

"Tryin' to out belt me?" She asked, still bouncing and letting her belt speak for itself. "Cuz it's impossible. This one time Wad-"

She stopped talking abruptly. "Eh, nevermind. That was going to be one of those stories about someone you don't know. Point is my belt is the best."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:30 am

"Calm down bottle rocket." Jez stopped and took a breather once she reached Emilie. "I just need a couple of cheap brown belts for my costume. I'm not going full anime, I promise."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:48 am

"Cherry Bomb actually." She corrected, but was obviously just playing around.

"I like to think of it as 'apocalypse-chic.' " She laughed as she halted her jumping due to Jez' request to stop being a spaz, which was basically impossible for Emilie. It was more just lamp-shading the weirdness for a time than the actual stopping of it.

"Will you tell me what you are doing for Halloween?" She asked, letting Jez lead her now since she apparently overshot the destination in her excitement.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:55 am

"Oh, you'd make for a great vault dweller turned wanderer." Jez checked the flow of traffic before giving Emilie's hand a tug, leading her across the road.

"Eh, it's something video game related. If you don't play games you probably won't get it. But my fallback is the creepy twins from The Shining."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:08 am

"I'd only pass for a Commonwealth one, and I ain't ever been good at accents." Emilie replied, making reference to her gingerness in a way that made obvious she, in fact, was at least *somewhat* familiar with games. She didn't mind that Jez was holding her hand, actually she kind of liked it because she craved physical attention, however platonic.

" Do you sew?" She asked. curious to know how she'd get so many costumes done so quickly.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:18 am

Jez shook her head. "I'm not that handy. But there are lots of habberdashereners... tailors around. I just need one thing sewed, the rest is all accessories."

She opened the door to the shop for Emilie, letting her go through first. "I'll give you a hint, it's Mario-related. For the rest you'll have to wait a month."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:28 am

"Oh my GOD can we get you a handlebar moustache? Please say yes."

Then she was instantly distracted by an entirely black outfit obviously meant to attract the three whole goth kids living in Maldon into the store.

"ooooohhhh."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:47 am

"Wah." Jez forced a frown. The outfit had attracted Jez's attention as well, but not to the same extent as Emilie. She looked over the girl's shoulder.

"Treat yo'self."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:17 am

Emilie and Jez were staring at a Velvet mini dress that was probably not fashionable anymore except in circles where velvet never went out of style. The shop had paired it with a set of black leggings that were printed with leg bones to dress it down a bit, and a black beret with a white bow pinned to the side. They rounded it out with a goth staple, the chunky Mary Jane, and multiple thematic accessories includinga slightly morbid necklace on a waist length chain.

Emilie chortled. "Okay Tom what shops in the Dillard's boys section."

She looked at the tag on the dress and frowned. It was a charity shop, but the dress still cost 13£, more than she was willing to pay considering she still only had three normal outfits she had to constantly take to the university laundry room just to be able to not be naked.

"Better not. Still need money for my Halloween costume."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:06 am

Jez gave Emilie a look that would have given the girl the impression that she was going to say something, then thought better of it.

"Well, you can always take up modelling again to earn some extra scratch." If that's what she actually said, what had she thought better to leave silent?
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:12 am

"Nah. That was different. I dun wanna say I didn't like the money, but I didn't do it just for the money. I did it to help somebody else.

Plus the school is trying to make a good impression. Doubt an employee also being a stripper is gonna help that any."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:19 am

Jez rolled her eyes. "You have a part time job in the lunch room. It's not like you're on the teaching staff or something.

"You did that for someone though? That's rather sweet, in a weird way."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:27 am

"Yea." Emilie decided this story needed a bit of explanation cuz otherwise it sounded weird.

"The guy was a war photographer, he'd seen some shit. Wasn't exactly the toughest guy to begin with, so it made him all kinds of jittery and nervous. And when you're in professional photography, coming home to take photos of equally tragic shit doesn't exactly calm you down, but you also don't exactly make enough to live on taking pictures of pretty flowers and artistic malarkey like that.

Taking photographs of me made him feel calmer. Like there was a purpose to his line of work that didn't involve other people's misery. It kinda just progressed from there." Emilie wasn't exactly shy or anything, but she refrained from going into the depths of progression here in the thrift store. Even she had SOME class.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:21 pm

"Wow, that's really sweet. I mean, that could make for a really good novel, or even a movie. Like the English Patient.

"So, what happened to him?"
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:06 pm

Emilie frowned. "My life has a way of forcing me onward whether I want that or not." Her brow furrowed as she thought of something else to say. "Let's look for them belts, eh?"
Last edited by Emilie on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:24 pm

"Mm, okay." Jez thought it was best to let the matter drop. "We'll check over by the purses. I need a thin one and a thick one, both of 'em brown. Maybe a third one, depending on what we find."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:40 pm

"This costume sounds so anime. You must be the biggest anime badass ever. Or the most Liefeld."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:56 pm

"Three belts is barely anime, unless that's all the costume is. And not a pouch in sight."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:07 am

"Well it's obviously not Edward Scissorhands or we'd need a lot more belts.

Unless you have a belt allergy."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:54 am

"Then I wouldn't want any belts!" Jez grinned. "Stop trying to guess it, you're gonna ruin the surprise."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:15 am

Emilie and Jez found what they were looking for, and a lot of just random shit to try on. Emilie for her part kept it under three pounds a piece to make sure she still had extra cash to order or make that Halloween costume that would probably be match-y to Victor.

Emilie went to try some things on, noticing they only had one dressing room. "Did you have anything to try on? I don't mind sharin' if you don't."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:23 am

"Well, there was a dress I liked..." Jez glanced over her shoulder at a semi-plaid loose-hanging dress on one of the racks. "Did you want to try on the black one?
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:38 am

Emilie thought about it for a second. " No, I shouldn't. It will just make me fall in love with it if it fits, and I might need the money for other things. I still haven't gotten any of my own food, which I know isn't necessary but there's a few things I'd like that the cafeteria doesn't provide."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:40 am

"Well, what if I got it for you?" Jez offered.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:41 am

"Oh no, don't do that. I can't accept presents." She says.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:50 am

"You can pay for lunch or whatever. Or get me a really good Christmas present." Jez gave the girl a nudge. "Go on."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to Downtown Maldon