I2DT: Well you know that it's going be alright

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

I2DT: Well you know that it's going be alright

Postby Emilie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:17 am

Emilie had given Jez the skinny on when she'd be done working and was waiting on her at the bus stop like she said she would be. Wearing the same galaxy leggings, leather jacket, and belt of assorted goods she always did, she was staring down at her Docs while she waited.

Think they might need a polish....
Emilie
Student

Re: I2DT: Well you know that it's going be alright

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:59 am

It wasn't long before Jezabelle arrived at the bus stop, dressed rather smartly in a purple argyle sweater vest over a light blue dress shirt and purple-plaid skirt. She adjusted her hair, which she had up this afternoon, and waved to Em as she approached.

"Hey! I didn't keep you waiting for too long, did I?"
Two's company, she's a...
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

High Concept: Soapbox Sadie with a Secret
Aspect: Painfully Situational Sociability
Aspect: Good is Not Soft
Aspect: Master Multitasker
Aspect: Gamer Chick
Aspect: Tumblr

Postby Emilie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:17 am

"Nah. Time's relative. Most of the time anyways." She stated, apparently she didn't give too much of a shit about punctuality unless it was a necessity for some reason, though in Jez's case she hadn't been sitting there long. "Got anywhere specific you were wanting to go?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:55 am

Jez shrugged. "Not really. I'm still looking for odds and ends for Halloween but that's not for another month yet. I don't need much of an excuse to look at clothes, who knows, I might find something I like wherever we go."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:00 am

"Well it's gonna hafta be second hand for me. I got some money but I'm still broke as a joke in the grand scheme. Especially after the discount priced tablet I just ordered." She laughed. " Unless we're goin' to Tesco so I can get my UK-Wal Mart on."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:03 am

"I'm all for second hand, that's how I got this vest and skirt! I think it was part of a school uniform."Jez gave her clothes a little tug.

"Do they sell clothes at Tesco? I thought it was for groceries or something."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:08 am

"Nothing I'm wearing right now is from the thrift store, but most of my wardrobe over the years has been." Cuz I never have more than five hundred bucks in bank account and/or pocket at any given time... was the part she omitted.

"Well website says they do, but I can't confirm that cuz I ain't ever actually been inside it." She laughed. " I'll admit that most of my free time not being spent at work since the kitchen 'accident' has been spent in the library researching the area and getting harassed by the invisible kid."
Last edited by Emilie on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:11 am

"Oh, Basil, right? I've met him. He's very... British." Well, it wasn't an inaccurate statement. "He seemed nice enough to me though."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:15 am

"oh yea, he's super nice. That's the problem. Super nice and super stare-y. I'd tell him he needs to stop but honestly I think talking to me is probably the most action he's getting girl wise at the moment so I haven't had the heart to crush him yet since he hasn't had the balls to ask me out.

Thankfully with the tablet it's a game I no longer need to play with him. I'll only have to go there for books like normal people.

Which apparently the Headmistress wants me doing. She must have seen my math scores. " She laughed.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:51 am

"Anything more than basic math is redundant unless you're going to be an engineer or physicist." Jez said in a rather matter-of-fact manner. "So take some art or something instead if you don't need to take it."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:48 pm

"That's the thing. I'm not passed the point that it's no longer required. School basically told me I have to take this shit, so now as per the usual I am struggling to get through it and failing miserably.

I'm not good math. " As she said this, the bus arrived, and she used it as a tactical diversion to the topic.

But anyways who cares about my bitchin'. I'll figure it out or I won't, no biggie." She stated in a rush and stood up so they could take their trip.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:46 pm

Jez showed her pass to the driver as she got onto the bus, the girls finding a couple of seats so they could sit together during the ride.

"Well you can always get a tutor. Sometimes it just takes someone showing you a different way to look at it for things to click."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:53 pm

"Maybe." She seemed disinclined to debate it with Jez. Truth be told, she wasn't going to waste anyone's time teaching her better mathematics skills when the usefulness level of a degree in her situation was basically none. She fully intended to buffoon her way through it as usual.

"How's it all going for you then? School going okay? Meet any cute boys and/or girls?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:33 pm

"School's fine." Jez flushed softly at the other question and busied herself with straightening her skirt. "I don't really have a lot of time for dating as such."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:04 pm

"You ain't gotta date people you find attractive. At least, not seriously. Sometimes it's just about having fun.

Safe fun.

Don't get pregnant." She added at the end to make herself clear.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:38 pm

"I don't have time to date unattractive people either!" Jez said, misinterpreting Emilie's message. She slapped the girl's hand at the pregnant part, as one might a misbehaving dog.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:00 pm

"Ow! Hey!

I didn't mean date uggos, I meant chase after some attractive trim or trousers snakes.

This is the time to do it if yer gonna ya kno'. Ain't no use is being a big bad grown up who spent all her time in college being responsible only to go out into the grown up world to find everybody else's reckless days are over and they're all pushing pencils and regretting their life choices.

Wow that sounds darker than I meant it, hahaha."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:11 pm

"I wouldn't want to lead anyone on. I'm not... ready for anything like that yet."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:17 pm

"Alllllright. Don't be hatin' if I'm mackin' on all the hot ones though. I can't help being irresistible."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:20 pm

"I'll try my best not to be too jealous of your ability to attract thrift store hotties."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:35 pm

"Hey at least I know they're frugal." She laughed.

Jez and Em headed to the sports store first, mostly because Emilie had an idea it was going to be a pointless search. And it was. While UK Amazon had an assortment of ballbats, the rinky dink sports shop locally only had cricket ones, She tried not to seem too down about it because she was supposed to be the adultier adult here, but truth be told she was a bit bummed out about it as she lead Jez onto Boots.

"I gotta figure out where my next girl's comin' from... You think they might have some in London? I guess I could just order her online but... doesn't seem right. Be like buying a wife. What if I don't like her? They don't take back Russian mail-orders because she doesn't feel right."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:16 am

"Have you considered a friction baton?" Jezabelle asked, her voice lowered. "I mean, you can't carry anything like that legally here, but it would be might lighter and not bring as much attention."

Apparently she didn't believe her shopping companion was interested in playing sports.
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:29 am

Emilie lowered her voice slightly as well, but only because Jez thought it appropriate.

"Legality is the problem. I mean I doubt the Institute is gonna do backflips over me bludgeoning someone with a ball bat if it comes to that, but the legal argument could be made that ball bats aren't considered a weapon technically and since I don't intend to wander off the school grounds with it, that I was defending my home. I already promised the headmistress I wouldn't cause a scene with boys, carrying illegal weaponry is probably a no-no."

She laughed. "I'm just glad I lost my 'bear spray' before I left the Great White North. That would have been a problem to ditch.

Besides, the heft is what I like about it. You familiar with ball bats?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:09 am

"Not really at all, I never played baseball." Jez admitted. "But I do know that over here, you can't just walk around in public with a baseball bat. Anything that can be used as a weapon isn't allowed outside of the home. Like... you can't walk around with a baseball bat over your shoulder even if you're going to a baseball game. You'd have to have it in an equipment bag, or else you might be charged. That's why I thought of the baton, it's easier to conceal."

She fidgeted slightly. "Sorry, it's one of those things I had... interest to look up before I came over. At the very least you can claim ignorance of the facts as a defense. You might know weapons aren't permitted, but you can claim you didn't know a bat was considered a weapon. Any cop might let you off with a warning."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:37 am

Emilie narrowed her eyes for a minute with a confused look on her face, but after a moment the whole thing clicked and it was replaced with a wide grin.

" Ohhh you ain't seen me in action yet. I forgot." She laughed.

"Trust me, I don't need a prop for some punk ass little thugs on the corner. It's for the stupid ass shit that crops up at home like those little elves or whatever the fuck they were. So no need to worry about me wandering the street like Alex DeLarge. I could take on just nearly anything Maldon itself could brew up.

And If Maldon itself decides to step on my lawn and act a damn fool, I think at that point I gotta right t'bust whoever I wanna in the face with whatever inanimate object I feel like... So long as it isn't illegal to own. Though I could be wrong, you obviously spent more time on this." She stated, laughing again.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:35 am

Jez actually seemed a little relieved. "Oh, oh! Then yeah, a bat will totally work for you then. Maybe one of the thrift stores will have one, a store that doesn't carry just clothing. If not a bat maybe they'll have something similar at least."

She felt the need to clarify. "Stuff like bats and kitchen knives aren't considered weapons, so it's okay to own them. It's when you take them out of the home that it's not okay. It has to do with keeping criminals from using everyday items and claiming they're not weapons. You can't make kitchen knives illegal, but you can make it illegal to carry one in public and legal to have one at home. You are allowed to have something at home with which to defend yourself against intruders. And in an emergency, you can grab a brick or something out in public and defend yourself, but you can't walk around with a brick 'just in case'.

"Does this make sense? I know I found it a little wonky at first. But... a girl's gotta be careful, so before I came here I had to make sure I knew what I could do or carry to defend myself."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:09 pm

While Jezabelle over explained herself (as her counterpart always had) Emilie's brain was elsewhere, going down the list of faculty names she was familiar with and trying to recall their skill set. She waited until Jez was done before opening her mouth again.

"Yea, makes sense... But If yer so concerned about your well-being, why don't you talk to Ms. Kinney about setting up a self defense class or something? I mean, properly trained you wouldn't have much to fear because you have a numbers advantage."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:59 am

"Well yeah, there's that. But if someone gets a hold of the real me, then copies might not be able to help. I don't know, I guess you're right."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:32 am

"Yea, I pretty much always am. At least when it comes to beating the piss out of things and people." She laughed, crossing the threshold of Boots.

"How're you and make up?You guys friends?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:49 am

"I use a little, just to take the edge off." Jez gestured to her cheeks and under her eyes. "I save the more obvious stuff for going out.

"Although I will need a lot of black for my costume..." She looked to Emilie for a moment.
"I guess you'd be able to recommend some good stuff."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:52 am

"You shall be DARKLIKEMYSOUL." The second half of the sentence was said in a metal growl that one wouldn't expect to come out of the tiny redhead.

"How black we talkin?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:07 pm

Jez jumped a bit at the sudden Netherlandish death metal soul being channelled through the redhead. And was a bit impressed.

"Costume black, black as pitch. I need to help hide my eyes and mouth behind a mask."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:18 pm

"Hmmm. That level of black is usually done with a balaclava in costuming but you could do it in make up. Offhandedly I would recommend you use a black creme paint for face painting, overlay it with a loose black powder such as eye shadow. Then I'd seal it with a spray sealer so it doesn't rub off on the inside of your mask. The paint and shadow can be cheap But I would she'll out a penny or two for the sealer.

Also you need to line your waterline top and bottom to prevent you pink little lids from color popping accidentally."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:08 am

"Ooh, you really do know a lot about this kind of stuff. I guess here would be as good a place as any to get that stuff."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:20 am

"Yea I been in theater a time or two. And a model once. And a stripper. Basically I have been around a lot of make up." She laughed.

"This is the go to place for cheap make up in the bustling metropolis that is Maldon. Plus I bet they are just setting out Halloween crap and if you get it first you won't have to fight everyone else."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:51 pm

Jez gave Emilie a very confused look. "You've done all of that since high school?"
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:01 pm

"All the theater was in school." She explained away, seemingly making photo shoots and stripping overlap with each other. "I'm older than ya prolly think."
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:48 am

"Well, I wouldn't guess it from looking at you." A compliment, how nice of her. "So, why did you take a job in the cafeteria if you've been doing other stuff before? Do you need a visa to... model over here?"
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Postby Emilie » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:29 am

"Nope. The kind of modeling I was doing isn't family friendly. You won't be seeing me in Vogue or on a runway." She laughed again. "I took that job because if I find a boy I like no one can bitch I am faculty with power over students and I shouldn't be dating them because of it."

As she spoke, she picked out a shopping 'trolley' (the name made her giggle) and she began leading Jez about the cosmetics area looking for both what she and Jez needed.
Emilie
Student

Postby Jezabelle Sherlock » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:10 am

Jez kept her voice down, lest some old lady have a heart attack at how brazen the youth of today were.

"I could never do that, the modelling I mean. Nothing on the internet goes away. I'd be afraid of someone using it against me in the future. Not that they don't have a lot to work with already."
Jezabelle Sherlock
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to Downtown Maldon