I've got a beautiful feeling, everything's going my way

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

I've got a beautiful feeling, everything's going my way

Postby Emilie » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:53 am

Emilie was sipping on a cup of coffee (which was not a good idea on Victor's part to allow her to consume), her shades over her face. She didn't really have hang-overs anymore so much as 'drainage'. She'd learned over many years how to balance herself enough not to end up with a headache, but it still took it out of her the next day, and the coffee was helping perk her up.

She was leading Victor onto their next destination, the 'charity shop', AKA the thrift store, when a thought occurred to her.

"I swear I thought you were gonna cast a kitten right there in front of everyone last night."
Emilie
Student

Re: I've got a beautiful feeling, everything's going my way

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:47 am

As if intending to contrast Emilie's punk look, Victor was dressed in a black dress shirt contrasting the cream slacks, red tie, and blue sports coat; making the two a mismatched pair to be certain. If his tie hadn't been clipped and shirt tucked in he might look like someone who just got out of work, or gotten back from the race track. He walked with his hands in his jacket pockets and looked straight ahead as he spoke.

"Oh, what, because of your costume? It just caught me by surprise is all. Well, that and I was worried if you slipped out I'd end up in a heap of clothes on the floor. I honestly thought you were going to wear the Guild uniform."
Victor Freud
Student

High Concept: Face Turning Heel
Aspect: Title of Your Sex Tape / The Gadfly
Aspect: Shrinky Dink Shenanigans
Aspect: Always Second Best
Aspect: Underestimating Badassery
Aspect: Dressed for Success

Postby Emilie » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:56 am

"What, and re-ignite your familial love of Hitler?

Nooooo thaaaannnkksss." She teased.

"Besides, I feel like with every other costume, that one should probably be referred to as 'Councilwoman Dr. Mrs The Monarch', to give it a distinction from the others."
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:03 am

"Whoa, ouch." Victor feigned a stab to his back, rubbing at his shoulder. "Wow, you really don't pull any punches, do you?"
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:04 pm

"Sure I do!

With almost literally everybody *except* you so I don't have to deal with their bullshit. But I'm gonna hafta deal with yours regardless. S'like being married before no fault divorces existed. Can't really get rid of ya, so might as well show you my true self so you know what you're dealing with. Lying to everyone else *and* every Victor I come across would be exhausting.

Take it as a compliment that I feel you can handle the real me." She said, taking a sip of her coffee.
Emilie
Student

Postby Hazard » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:44 pm

A young blonde man in an orange jacket was walking down the sidewalk straight towards them, grinning excitedly.
Hazard

Postby Victor Freud » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:03 am

"Well, just remember, you've had a lot longer to learn how to put up with me than I have you." Vic was a good enough guy not to give her a nudge when she was drinking her coffee, oblivious to the approaching person.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:07 am

Emilie wasn't.

She continued to walk towards the person in question casually, removing the lid from her coffee. As he got close enough to throw the cup of pipping hot fresh coffee at him, that's exactly what she did, grabbing Victor by the wrist with her free hand.

"RUN!" She commanded, pulling him in the opposite direction of Hazard.
Last edited by Emilie on Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emilie
Student

Postby Hazard » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:30 am

Hazard howled something unintelligible and angry. When he regained his senses, the red faced madman ran after them.

"YOU WON'T LOSE ME TRAVELER! I CAN SMELL THE VOID ON YOU!"
Hazard

Postby Victor Freud » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:52 am

Victor grabbed Em's arm and started pulling her into a run.

"Shit! It's a crackhead! Run!"
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:27 am

"WORSE!" Emilie did run, but she wasn't familiar with Maldon or where they were going.

So when the two found themselves in a dead end, it wasn't overly surprising to her, though very alarming.

"FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK. Stay back!" She ordered of Vic, shielding the two of them. She didn't know what was coming next, but she was convinced she was going to keep this Victor alive, somehow.
Emilie
Student

Postby Hazard » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:20 pm

"It seems you have me at a disadvantage my fellow Traveler-aveler-aveler," Hazard said as he strode into the alley.

"It needed an echo. For drama."
Hazard

Postby Emilie » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:24 pm

"Cut the bullshit." Emilie frowned, never being much for super villainry theatrics. It was definitely on the list of reasons she hated teams, along with spandex tight costumes.

"You want me, you can have me. Let the boy go."
Emilie
Student

Postby Hazard » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:12 pm

"Have you? You're not my even my type!" he laughed. "You came from Lamewarts yes? I have," he said, wrinkling his face in disgust, "...an offer."
Hazard

Postby Emilie » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:20 pm

"Spit it out, Basket-case." She'd listen, as long as it meant placating the lunatic into leaving them alone.
Emilie
Student

Postby Hazard » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:27 pm

"Your X-Team has gone bye-byes, through a door to where evil be. I can see them when I close my eyes. You and me can be the key. They get home and I get closer to my destiny. It's... win-win you see?"
Hazard

Postby Victor Freud » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:23 pm

"I found a brick. Do you want me to hit him with a brick?"

Victor didn't like hiding behind Emilie very much. It was rather emasculating.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:47 pm

"No!"

Unfortunately for Hazard, Emilie wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, so it took her some time to decipher what he was spouting.

"The teams are in trouble and you want me to help you move somewhere else, where ever the teams are?" She finally weaseled out of his riddle.
Emilie
Student

Postby Hazard » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:22 am

"Yes. Dimensional breach. Quantum waveform disruption from foreign matter. Save goodie goodies. I go away."
Hazard

Postby Victor Freud » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:08 am

"... I thought you only did that if one of us died or wandered off."

Vic wasn't being much help.
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:01 pm

"Victor, focus!" She hissed at him and then repeated the scenario placed in front of them, mostly for the obviously not paying attention Victor's part.

"You want me to help you so that in return Victor and I can get the teams out of a jam, but what says you didn't stick them over there in the first place and this isn't some trap you think is hilarious? "
Emilie
Student

Postby Hazard » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:53 pm

"I can't just open the magic doors whenever I want," he said, rolling his eyes.
Hazard

Postby Emilie » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:16 pm

Emilie's frown went contemplative. "Excuse us for a moment would you? We need to convene on this for a second."

Emilie roped Victor with an arm around the neck to pull him in and conspire, since it was painfully obvious by now Victor had no idea what the hell these two were talking about. She didn't take her eyes off Hazard or turn their backs away, but she was whispering to Victor now.

"Listen very closely to me Victor. This man is insane, I know this to be fact. But what he is trying to tell us in his deranged way is that the teams from this when and where, your friends, are in trouble in some other elsewhere, he knows where, and in exchange for getting him the hell out of here he will take us there.

I'm not going to force you to participate in this like he wants. I can get rid of him and keep you safe too, but I going to need you to run as soon as I disappear, because this could be some kind of fucked up trap to eat my soul or something and if he doesn't disappear, you're going to be the next on the block.

Also, bye... I guess."

Emilie rarely had the chance to say goodbye, so she was pretty shit at it.
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:51 pm

Victor listened quietly, though his expression got more serious as Emilie spoke. It wasn't until she said goodbye that he interjected.

"Bullshit. You don't just pop in and mess with me for two months, then cut out that easily. All this time you've been saying we gotta work together, and now you want me to run away so you can do this on your own? What kind of an asshole would that make me? Working together means I protect you too, not just vice versa."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:55 pm

"Victor... If he is telling me the truth and you go with me, you may never see anyone here again. Are you prepared for that?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:00 pm

Victor's face took on a sullen expression as he considered the implications.

"If the others could take that risk, I can to. Besides, you see me all the time, so I guess I'd see a different version of everyone important. That's... not so bad."
Victor Freud
Student

Postby Emilie » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:02 pm

Emilie's lips wriggled about in thought. She could literally spend all day debating with Victor on this, except she couldn't, because crazy-pants was waiting on an answer.

"Fine." She relented to Hazard. "We've decided we'll help you. What do we do?"
Emilie
Student

Postby Hazard » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:49 pm

"Excellent," he happily proclaimed. "You call anyone you want to tag along, and then we all take a little boat ride."
Hazard

Postby Emilie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:32 am

"Just us." Emilie stated. "We're ready now. Anymore time spent dawdling is time wasted."
Emilie
Student

Postby Hazard » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:20 am

"Then follow me! For destiny awaits!" Hazard grinned.

He then looked at an imaginary camera and said, "And now a word from our sponsor!"

(Continued here)
Hazard

Topic attributes:

Return to Downtown Maldon