So.

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

So.

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:16 pm

The next day, Will had shined his dress blues, making sure everything was spic-and-span. He tidied his room, making sure everything was in order, and locked the door on his way out.

He walked past the gate of Xaviers, down the hill, and along London Road, out past the highway and the cemetery, and out into the countryside itself, stepping to the side to allow passing cars down the gradually narrowing lane, until it was little more than a footpath.

After about an hour of walking, he came across a fairly run-down old brick building, falling apart somewhat with age. It was here that he finally stopped, taking a deep, unnecessary breath before opening the door.
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Re: So.

Postby Roland Sackville » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:31 pm

"Got my message, I see."

Roland Sackville was sitting in one corner of what was, essentially, an open concrete floor. The entire building was one large room--probably a barn or some other sort of working floor at one point, though most of what had been in here had been cleaned out.

There WERE a few more modern touches, though, for certain definitions of 'modern'--some strange boxes and bits of electronic whatzits, complete with vacuum tubes--definitely far from 'modern' in anything but a 'countryside of England' setting.
Dagda's Anvil
Roland Sackville

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:34 pm

"Didn't make it too hard to find. Subtlety isn't an aspect of the Dagda in this universe? Or was that something you picked up sailing over the Channel?"

Will removed his coat, discarding it to one side, cricking his neck--not that it needed to be cricked, but there were rules to this sort of thing.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Roland Sackville » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:59 pm

"I would have thought you would have appreciated having this opportunity. Or would you have preferred this to happen in your home? Among your friends and loved ones? There's only one way this ends, you know. I would have thought you would thank me."

Roland stood up to his full height, revealing the very large, and very heavy, sword he had behind him.
Dagda's Anvil
Roland Sackville

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:03 pm

"As opposed to what you afforded this universe's Will Stanton. How brave and noble of you, murdering a six-year-old child. Have you written your song for that one yet? Something to boast around the campfire when you sing of your epic deeds? Singing how the death of an innocent helps you stop...whatever the hell it is you even think you're stopping?"

Will drew out his small, Mameluke sword--nothing compared to the hardware Roland was swinging around, but you go with what you've got.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Roland Sackville » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:52 am

"I'm fighting for the future of men. One where our lives are controlled by great men, not by supernatural beings to whom we are mere playthings. The world has been invaded six times; I shall not let there be a seventh.

If the three tools are ever brought together, the Tuatha De Danann will return to rule over us all. I shall not let that happen, and for that, you must be destroyed."
Dagda's Anvil
Roland Sackville

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:55 am

"I feel sorry for you, Sackville. It is Sackville now, isn't it?

I feel sorry for you. First off, you fear what is only natural. I have seen the future you speak of, and other than annoying pop music and ugly pants, it seems to work out alright.

Secondly, I'm not the one you seek. This is not my Morrigan; this Morrigan does not care for me in the way you think. Her cooking pot is elsewhere, I'm sure. I serve a much more wonderful and terrible mistress, one that has always seen to it that I have the strength needed to accomplish anything.

Stand down now, Sackville, and find peace."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Roland Sackville » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:35 am

"You are an abomination, and I shall have peace when you are dealt with, and the world is saved.

Prepare yourself."

Roland brandished his sword, and charged at Will...
Dagda's Anvil
Roland Sackville

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:45 pm

--Several hours later--

Roland Sackville pulled himself to his feet yet again, spitting out the remnants of a cracked tooth into one of the multitudinous puddles of blood now dotting the floor of the barn. He picked up his sword yet again, and pulled himself into a ready position.

Not that Will Stanton was looking much better for wear. His sword had long since been snapped by the much larger and much stronger blade Sackville swung around, and he had resorted to using his arms, shifted into blades. His uniform had long since been shredded into tatters, rags hanging off his body. The only reason his blood wasn't coating the floor was the fact that Will didn't like to have the stuff--nasty, if you asked him.

"This...this is ridiculous, Sackville," Will said, not for the first time. "This is the...the definition of futility. You can't...you can't stop me, and I can't put you down. It's only a matter of time before someone hears us or sees us or something. Let's just...just stop this, now. Roland...this isn't going to get you anywhere..." he panted.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Roland Sackville » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:54 pm

"You're free to surrender at any time," Roland grinned, his latest wounds suturing themselves up again. "I have you right where I want you; your time is running out."

He charged again...
Dagda's Anvil
Roland Sackville

Postby Narrator » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:26 pm

What Will hadn't noticed--what Will COULDN'T have noticed after the exhaustion of such a prolonged fight, was the path that Roland had led him in.

The blood on the floor wasn't merely puddles. They weren't merely random splatterings. Roland had been dragging his feet, swirling patterns, marked in blood, on the floor of the building. Any other opponent would have ruined it, but Will didn't bleed. There was nothing stopping Roland from

Roland had had a long time to plan this out, down to the letter.

As Roland completed the last spiral, the old, vacuum-tube machinery kicked into high gear, with an electronic hum and the crackling of electricity.

Will whirled his head, spinning towards the source of the sound, throwing his hands up to block...

...But it was too late. The blood spiral on the floor lit up, pulsing with energy. The machinery whirred, sending out a bolt of energy of it's own towards Will. The clashing mystic and technological forces at play charged the air, filling it with potential energy...

...And then it was all over.

In the middle of the floor, Will collapsed into a pile of gray goo.

At the edge of the spiral, Roland collapsed from exhaustion, and lay there for a long, quiet moment, before quietly laughing to himself.
Narrator
Site Admin

Topic attributes:

Return to Downtown Maldon