Rose and Crown: Pint of Trouble

Though many students might prefer going to London, Maldon provides closer amenities for those without a car or unwilling to pay for a cab. Several pubs are available, though the Rose and Crown is notable for having been where Excalibur spent a good deal of their downtime. Also of note is the Plume Library, home to many rare books.

Re: Rose and Crown: Pint of Trouble

Postby Claire Destine » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:02 pm

And that's when a merc was thrown through a window. His body crumpled as he hit the wall.

He was followed shortly after by a massive figure with a mane of fire smashing through door with a roar.

The blue beast was here

Wallop.jpg
Wallop.jpg (50.13 KiB) Viewed 2959 times
Claire Destine
Student

Postby Melissa Terrance » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:09 pm

"God damn it! What now?" Melissa says, turning towards the new arrival and brandishing her cane as she puts herself between the beast and Claire and the bartender.
Melissa Terrance

Postby Claire Destine » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:52 pm

The beast growls at Melissa.

"...Excuse me, Miss," the beast says to Melissa, his voice sounding like a well-bred, cultured, Englishman with the mother of all head colds. "I have had the absolute worst couple of days, and so believe when I say, now is not the tim--"

A bottle smashes into his head and he reels back. Claire is on top of the bar, holding a cricket bat.

"Oi," Claire says in a cold voice. "You killed my mum."

Claire looks a little angry.
Claire Destine
Student

Postby Melissa Terrance » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:34 am

"Oh... wonderful," Melissa says, addressing the beast more directly now, "This young woman is now a student at Xavier's University. She is under the protection of the University, so I kindly ask you to leave. The X-Men are already on their way."
Melissa Terrance

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:06 am

"Dang right they are!" Nailah's voice comes from the other side of the room, where she apparently came in through the back door. She's wearing her white dress-style superhero outfit with a yellow/golden X across her chest. When she sees the giant blue monster she swallows a little. "Oh boy, that guy is huge..."
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Postby Shane Marsh » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:19 am

"And on fire. He just had to be on fire, didn't he?" Shane groused beside her, pretending not to be equally intimidated.
Shane Marsh
Student

High Concept: Grumpy Green Man
Aspect: Rich Kid
Aspect: Daddy Issues
Aspect: Faux Bad Boy

Postby Claire Destine » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:42 am

"Children," the beast says in an angry growl. He seemed to be including Melissa in this evaluation. "This isn't any of your business."

"Hand over the girl and I won't have to hurt any of you."

Claire yells and charges at the beast. She swings the cricket bat and breaks it across his back. His expression doesn't change. Even as he backhands the girl into the bar.

"I am beginning to get aggravated," the beast says. "You would not enjoy my company when I'm aggravated."
Claire Destine
Student

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:14 am

"Then aggravate this!" Nailah says, grabbing a chair from a nearby table and swinging it at his face, to see if that has more success than the girl's cricket bat.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Melissa Terrance » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:23 am

Melissa takes the distraction to run over to check on Claire.
Melissa Terrance

Postby Claire Destine » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:07 am

Claire was dazed, but not seriously injured.

"'m going to kill the bastard," Claire says, trying to get to her feet.

Meanwhile, the table knocked the beast backwards a bit, but he responded with an angry roar. He lifted both fists into the air and brought them down at Nailah, apparently aiming to cave her head in.
Claire Destine
Student

Postby Shane Marsh » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:15 pm

A vine with a large, angry-looking pepper at the end shot into the brute's face and burst open. Gotta love capsaicin.
Shane Marsh
Student

High Concept: Grumpy Green Man
Aspect: Rich Kid
Aspect: Daddy Issues
Aspect: Faux Bad Boy

Postby Melissa Terrance » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:12 am

"Not today you're not," Melissa scolds, "We need to get you out of here."
Melissa Terrance

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:22 pm

"Well he does sound aggravated..." Nailah gives a chair a kick to slide forwards into the thing's path while trying to give herself enough momentum to dodge backwards at the same time.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to Downtown Maldon