DT1 - Skindeep

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Re: DT1 - Skindeep

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:14 pm

"More than most people, I assume. He's some kind of metamorphic substance that achieved sentience, presumably by mimicking the people he came into contact with at the military base that discovered him." she says, nodding approvingly at the data read-outs as the signals she cares about clear up.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:12 pm

"He has some interesting qualities," Rob says. "Sometimes he sets off my abilities and other times he doesn't."
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:16 pm

"Interesting. He might be able to emulate living tissue to an extent that it escapes the influence of your powers. From an engineering point of view it's almost unfortunate he achieved sentience. A material like that has endless applications."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:19 pm

"That was sort of my thought," Rob says, interlacing his fingers and flexing them outwards as he continues to try to give Ashlie relevant data. "I took a sample and I'm running some tests."

"With his permission," Rob adds.
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:27 pm

"If a non-sentient samples retains the same characteristics or even just a fraction of them..."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:33 pm

Rob smiles, "I thought that might interest you."
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:38 pm

"So many projects. If only I could dedicate my full attention to each of them." she sighs. "But I believe we're done with the calibration and we can move on to synchronization."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:48 pm

"Should be fun," Rob says. "You ready?"
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:51 pm

"Yes." she smiles and holds up her hand with the palm pointed towards Rob.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:52 pm

Rob reaches out and presses his hand against Ashlie's, "How's that?"
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:06 pm

"Incredible..." she breathes out while the monitor behind her lights up with visualized data.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Rob intertwines his fingers with Ashlie's, "It looks like everything's working properly. Data sources are aligned. No significant delays in synaptic emulation."
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:44 pm

"I've been missing out." she smiles, feeling like her hand is pushing through the veil separating her from the physical world and thinning it out. And all she has to do is to step forward and push the rest of herself through it. It's daunting and exhilarating at the same time. She takes a small step forward and takes Rob's other hand into her own.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:56 pm

"Well, that's alright," Rob says. "You seem like a quick study."

And that's when he leaned forward and kissed Ashlie.

Innapropes, Rob!
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:08 pm

Ashlie is, predictably, not a very good kisser. But she seems very eager to learn. Signals are firing and seeking out Rob's as they settled into place, slowly building a map of Ashlie's body with every touch. It's only a ghostly model of her face and hands right now but as she steps closer to Rob more spots light up to fill in the void.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:21 pm

Rob is also not a very good kisser. He was practically confined to his house his entire life. It would raise quite a few questions if he was a good kisser, so at least they're evenly matched as far as experience goes.

As he continues to kiss her, he at least seems to have enough presence of mind to generally remember what they're doing. His hands explore her new sensors, doing his best to aid in synchronizing her systems with the new data.
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Ashlie mirrors his movements almost systematically. It's not perfect but close enough that she can compensate for the differences. Glowing lines light up where sensations overlap, bit by bit outline the contours of her body. As more of it takes shape her movements become more certain, pulling Rob against herself.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:35 pm

After a bit longer just enjoying the kiss, Rob presses his forehead against hers.

"There's that intersection between usefulness and personal interest again," Rob says.
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:47 pm

"I don't know what you're talking about." she says quietly. "You're just assisting me with a system calibration. Everything else would be against regulations." she smirks.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:56 pm

Rob smirks back, "And how is the systems calibration progressing?"

As he talks, he runs his hand down her back.
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:05 pm

"It's shaping up very well. Still plenty of areas that need some touching up though." she smiles, arching her back in response.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Robert West » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:37 pm

"Well, obviously we'll have to take our time and do thorough, careful work," Rob says, kissing her again.

((Fade to Systems Calibrations?))
Robert West
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:45 pm

"I wouldn't expect anything less."

((And fade...))
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point