Visions of Home

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Visions of Home

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Having discovered that the projectors of the Danger Room were insulated enough that she wouldn't short them out, Gemma had set aside time in the Danger Room, though in her inexperience she'd forgotten to lock it. It had taken some arguing with the computer, but now she was walking in a forest that couldn't possibly exist on Earth. Everything looks positively primeval with thick-trunked trees and sprawling vegetation. The leaves of the trees are a riot of unnatural colors, reflecting the rainbow and beyond. Low bushes sometimes sway counter to the breeze. Gemma stops to rest her hand on one of the trees, before leaning her forehead against it.

((Open))
Gemmalara

Re: Visions of Home

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:17 am

There was a gentle 'woosh' of the doors off somewhere to the left.

"The Rainbow Wood. Feeling homesick?" Vivienne stepped into view hands empty, but Cal on her back.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:22 am

Gemma straightens up, turns to face Vivienne. "A bit," she confesses, "This was always my favorite place."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:30 am

"The Lords avoid this place. They say it is beneath them, I think it is because they have grown to fear the Guardians. I was sent to kill one once, he was underestimated by those who held him and was gone by the time I arrived." She smiled.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:31 am

"One should never underestimate... them," she says, looking Vivienne in the eye.
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:57 am

"I am sorry I missed the opportunity to meet a member of the Guard through, but I was glad he escaped, one less life on my hands and one more vicious and angry fey to stand against the Lords.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:00 am

"One never knows when another opportunity might present itself," she says, resting her hand on the tree again. "There does seem to be a faction bent on alienating the Guard."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:11 am

"They are...small, insignificant. Nothing worthwhile in the Wood. Or so they said. Do you wish to know what I think?" She lightly touched to opposite side of the tree.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:16 am

"If you wish to share what you think, I would be willing to listen to it," she says carefully, obviously skirting some arcane restriction placed on her.
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:29 am

"They do fear them. I believe they are more then just small ferocious fighters, I believe they are more. In the human sciences, a rainbow is light bending through water. I think the residents of the Wood are tied to light as I am to water. That ability and the human's knowledge, a being who can bend and control actual light, they would be truly formidable. That would be a being I would gladly want to trust and have at my side."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:40 am

Gemma doesn't look at Vivienne, speaking just to the open air as if Vivienne were not there. "In the Wood, we don't need to eat. The light there is enough to sustain us. The Guardians have a saying, 'We give to the light and the light provides.' I'm not sure I properly understood that before crossing the veil."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:48 am

"I see no shame in having close ties to our elemental ancestors and kin. I believe those who have been making and breaking the laws have been too long and too far removed from our ancestors."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:57 am

"Then Allesandra, the Second Daughter of the Sun-speckled Dew will stand with you, M'Lady." As she says the name, it reverberates around in Vivienne's senses, loaded with the power that only a true name could carry. Gemma turns to her and drops into a formal bow, far different from the curtsies that she has normally given.
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:09 am

Vivienne returned the bow with a smile. "Now that that is out of the way, how was your date?" She moved around and casually sat down at the foot of the tree.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:16 am

"He is strange and unsure of himself, but not unpleasant. I think another date *might* be in order."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:11 pm

"I have no objections. If you enjoyed his company then by all means, however be aware that physical intimacy is also regarded very casually in this era. It is not uncommon for couples to be physically intimate with no future regards or commitment to monogamy. I am unsure how those of the Wood regard such things. I do know the Court make full use of actual written contracts for such things."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:17 pm

"My return to the Wood is unlikely," she says, slightly bitterly. "Crossing the Veil under these circumstances will likely prevent me from returning, despite doing so on orders."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:35 pm

"Then the law of the land is, 'Do as you wish, but be mindful of possible consequences'. As for your return, I can assure you, it's on the list."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:57 pm

"I try to be as mindful of consequences as situations permit," she says, obviously choosing not to comment on her return.
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:05 pm

"Good, now to business. I have though of a possible way to increase our chances of finding my mother. There is a student in residence that has a connection to the weather. A a being of Spring and Summer, I believe my mother's presence could possibly effect the weather of the local area in which she is staying. Especially now, during the Winter's months."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Gemmalara considers that for a moment, "I suppose it's possible. Though human reality does not seem as malleable as that on the other side."
Gemmalara

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point