Still Recovering

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Still Recovering

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:56 pm

Sean sat in his workshop unwrapping his hands so that he could re-wrap them with clean bandages. The injuries were healing well, but the cut on his palm could still be reopened if he wasn't careful. He knew the burn from the ring and the cut on his palm would likely leave scars. He threw the dirty bandages away. He flexed his fingers and went through a few exercises he'd seen online before digging around in a drawer for a set of clean bandages

He was ignoring the part of his mind that was trying to get him to consider the number of lives he'd ended the other night (depraved and monstrous as most of them were), the abomination he'd nearly unleashed, and the feeling of blood lust he'd experienced at various points during the fighting. Instead he focused on wrapping his hands in fresh bandages while staring at designs he'd hung above his workbench.

((Open))
Sean Hall
Student

Re: Still Recovering

Postby Hannah » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:33 pm

The door creaks open as Hannah steps into the room. It's weird how the door to Sean's workshop seems to be the only one she can't simply pass through as if it was nothing. When she sees the bloody bandages she gasps a little.

"What happened?"
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:44 pm

Sean snapped from his reverie and looked over at Hannah.

"Vampires," Sean said offhandedly as if it was the most normal thing. "It's worse than it looks, really."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

'Vampires' doesn't seem a particularly outlandish answer to Hannah, although her perspective on these things might be a little bit warped.

"It's worse than it looks?" she asks as she hurries over to carefully take one of his hands and take a closer look.
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:51 pm

"I almost lost a finger when the enchantment overloaded. Wasn't really considering direct hits from lightning bolts when I designed it," Sean said showing Hannah the burn on his hand. The burn was bad based on the wound, but Sean healed quickly compared to others so it didn't look quite as critical as Sean made it sound. "Have to consider that for the next iteration."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:16 pm

"For being struck by lightning I guess it's not so bad, huh?" she tries to joke.
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

"Quite," Sean smiled slightly. "Suppose burns, cuts, bruises, and a burst ear drum are better than a pine box."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:22 am

"Could always be worse." she nods, letting go of Sean's hand. "Did you get them at least? The Vampires, I mean."
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:30 am

Sean blushed slightly realizing after the fact that Hannah had been holding his hand.

"Most of them. Some probably escaped," Sean said his smile fading, "One is a student here and she's still alive far as I know. Not sure where she headed off to after the fight was over."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:26 am

"There was a Vampire at the school!?"
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:10 am

"Apparently," Sean said, "She must have been turned while she was here. Don't think we offer enough night classes for a vampire to get a degree."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:18 pm

"Yeah, right, that's the problem." she chuckles.
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:16 pm

"Suppose she might have hurt somebody," Sean said sounding somewhat embarrassed. "She escaped the house's destruction and hasn't come back, so it's not like we can try to help her. Not sure how we could help her and I have a feeling that Sam wouldn't react well to a vampire being here. She might even want to hunt the vampire down. Ostensibly to keep her from harming people."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:27 pm

"Yeah, she's kinda intense, in a way."
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:37 pm

"She's the incarnation of a goddess of war and fate," Sean said as if that explained everything. "Between her, the two Fey, and two werewolves we've got quite the mystical menagerie."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:15 pm

"Nevermind the wizard and the ghost."
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:46 pm

"Small time mystics next to the immortals running around," Sean smiled slightly. "Well, the wizard at least."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:27 pm

"I dunno about immortal. More like the opposite, really." she says with a faint smile.
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:41 pm

"The repeatedly mortal?" Sean asked with a tired smile.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:57 pm

"Yeah. By the way, how come you already had a bunch of these?" she asks and walks over to the workbench where she seems to have been going through some of Sean's files on the various murders he'd investigated some time ago.
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:56 pm

"I wandered into the astral," Sean said, "While I was there.. radios were playing news reports about murders. I killed some kind of creature while I was there then when I got back I started looking into what I'd seen. Nothing connected the events together."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:22 pm

"Except that these are all me."
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:36 pm

"Quite," Sean said, "You're the only connection all of these events have. I just don't know why, because dying once or twice I could understand. This just feels like there must be purpose behind it."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:15 pm

"A purpose? What kind of purpose would this have? Just... being killed over and over."
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:32 pm

"A ritual of some kind maybe," Sean shrugged. "There are a number of things you could use a single life to fuel."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:10 pm

"And dozens upon dozens? What would that 'fuel'." she asks, obviously disliking the idea of her deaths just being some kind of magic battery.
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:40 pm

"You could summon a very powerful extra-dimensional entity to this plane or maybe even become a god," Sean said, "Just requires a complete disregard for the lives of others."

He couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt as he remembered that he'd killed perhaps a dozen or so vampires not long ago. Even if they were immortal blood sucking monsters.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:32 pm

"Well, it stopped a while ago and there's no horrible monstrosity around as far as I can tell." she tries to be optimistic.
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:08 pm

"Nothing yet, no," Sean said not quite so optimistically. "I didn't realize you'd died so many more times than just the few I looked into."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:09 pm

"Well yeah, it's been going on for a while... Would it help if I could find any records on the more recent ones?"
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:36 pm

"Maybe we can use that to track down whoever has been doing this," Sean smiled feeling somewhat more optimistic. "And you can see a bit more of the campus."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:39 pm

"It'd be nice not to be cooped up in here so much, yeah."
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:00 pm

"Could meet people beyond an angry goddess and a reclusive mage," Sean smiled. "Just let me gather my things."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:11 pm

"If they can even see me. Even just grabbing things has been kinda... hit and miss."
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:35 pm

"Right now your choices are probably limited to the menagerie and maybe a telepath or two."

Sean paused for a moment as he gathered his things.

"I can try to work on... anchoring you somehow," Sean said, "Consider it a Christmas gift of sorts."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:24 am

"That'd be nice, but you don't owe me anything. This is still better than before."
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:33 am

"Well, it's work on making you more corporeal or sit in an empty mansion for the holidays while my parents work nonstop," Sean smiled.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:23 am

"Ah so it's really more of an excuse not to deal with that, huh?" she smirks slightly.
Hannah

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:31 pm

"Mostly," Sean smiled. "You'd be better company than whatever staff decide to stick around the house."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Hannah » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:08 pm

"High praise from the reclusive wizard." she chuckles.
Hannah

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point