Clash of Wills

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Clash of Wills

Postby Null » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:59 pm

The scar, where the Red Knight had nearly cleaved him in twain, was still visible, leather banding keeping the two halves of the shiny bald man together.

The frozen psychopath stared him down, daggers of hate flowing from her eyes.

The silence in the holding cells was deafining, as was the awkwardness.

It was Willpomene who broke it.

"If you turn off the force-field, I'll be gone before you know it. You won't find me, you won't track me, and I won't get in your...lack of hair. That's the best deal you're going to get."

((open))
Null

Re: Clash of Wills

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:00 pm

"And hello to you, too. I didn't want to believe it was true, but seeing is believing.

Honestly, you're a disgrace."
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Null » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:01 pm

"A disgrace, am I? You know who I am. You know better than anybody.

Love the new look, by the by. Moping by ourselves, are we? Sammy not let you stand guard outside her room? Or were you hoping she'd let you lick the sweat from her toes, only to get shot down like the freak you are?"
Null

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:03 pm

"I know who you are. At least that makes one of us," Will countered, ignoring the barb.

"Look at you. So high and mighty, and pompous. Just a tad above your station, no? Trying to play the confident mastermind. All I see is a scared little girl, dressing up in mommy's clothes. They don't fit you. At all."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Null » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:07 pm

"Bears may dance badly, but they do dance.

And, I get it. You're jealous. After all, they all came after rushing after me. You were sent away, boxed up and ignored. But then again, that's what you want, isn't it? You're a pathetic, spineless, gutless little subhuman. And deep down inside, you know it. You're all alone.

I'm the only one who understands you. Is that it? Is that what's stopping you from hitting that switch? Being left alone, with the best parts of you gone forever?

I could take you with me, you know. It'd be just like old times," she grinned, manically.
Null

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:10 pm

"I mean, you're so close to seeing the truth, and then you go face-planting into a wall," Will said, shaking his head. "It's really sad to see you like this. You're better than that. I've seen you in action before; you're grace and elegance personified. And now, you're just swinging with clumsy clubs, trying to be something you're not. They've got good therapists here, maybe you should consider seeing one.

They came rushing after you because you hurt people intentionally. They can't allow that. You're supposed to be better than that."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Null » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:13 pm

"And you hurt people unintentionally, is that it? Clinging, needy, grubby little lump of protoplasm. You've grown soft since you last felt my touch. If I had my telepathy back, I'd show you just what you deserved..."
Null

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:18 pm

"Your telepathy back. Right," Will laughed, quietly to himself.

"I don't hurt people. Not like you. People have to care before they can get hurt.

'Spineless, gutless, clinging, needy'. Projecting, much? Because don't even pretend you don't crave attention just as much as I do. If you didn't, you could have been scot free by now -- no one could possibly find you. But no, you had to lead poor Miriam on a wild goose chase for...what? To show how much smarter you are? How much more clever? Were you hoping for a pat on the head and a Scooby Snack?

Don't flatter yourself. You're no different than I am, deep down inside. And you know it."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Null » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:22 pm

"I am BETTER than you!" Willpomene roared, the ice around her cracking ever so slightly. "You are the WEAKNESS we SLOUGHED OFF.. Glorified waste product that thinks it has a mind of it's own. A cancer, cut out by surgeons and discarded."
Null

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:23 pm

"Who are you trying to convince?" Will said, quietly. "Look around. There's no one else here. It's just you. And me. All alone.

That's always what it comes down to. Just you and me."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Null » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:15 pm

"Lower this forcefield, and then it will only be me.

There's nothing for you here, and you know it. Just...hit the switch, and I"ll make it all go away."
Null

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:59 pm

"You know, you're absolutley correct. And yet, I'm still not going to let you free until you've really sat and thought about what you've done.

Moral fiber, you know. Suck on them apples."
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Null » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:19 am

"I swear to God, Stanton, if you walk out that door, I will come and find you, and it will make our last tête-à-tête feel like a day in the park!.

Don't think I'm not capable of still making your life Hell on Earth once again. I know what makes you tick."
Null

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:22 am

"You do indeed. More than anyone else. More than even you realize, at the moment.

You know, this is a pretty sad way to try to call for help. I'm sure Sam or Miriam or Tereza will be down here in plenty of time to give you the attention you crave. But if you think, for one second, that I'm going to play into this...this fantasy of yours, maybe you don't know me as well as you think you do."

With that, Will strode towards the exit.
Will Stanton
Student

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point