Echos Myron

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Echos Myron

Postby Null » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:34 pm

Tower to the skies, an academy of lies
And what goes up surely must come down
And we felt the mighty blowout with the walls coming down

The boy pumped himself up in size, and tried to essentially just sit on Sam, hoping that his increasing mass and the remnants of Sean's gravity spell would be enough to pin her to the mat.

He did manage to pin Sam, but after a two-count, he felt a surprisingly strong urge to turn into a banana slug worming into his mind.

He bit down, hard, on his lip, drawing blood, as he tried to fight Sam's mental command. There was a cracking sound, as he squeezed his fists tight enough that his left thumb broke, trying to use the pain to overcome the gnawing compulsion in the back of his head...

...But it was no use, and once again, the boy found himself turning into a banana slug.

Code: Select all
Halting Program

The action in the ring came to a sudden halt as everyone froze in place. The slug quivered for a moment, and then turned back into a slimy boy, panting there on the mat. "DAMN it," he swore, pounding the canvas, catching his breath.

"Alright, rerack, and we'll try this again..." he sighed.

((open))
Null

Re: Echos Myron

Postby Null » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:44 pm

The boy pumped himself up in size, and tried to essentially just sit on Sam, hoping that his increasing mass and the remnants of Sean's gravity spell would be enough to pin her to the mat.

He did manage to pin Sam, but after a two-count, he felt a surprisingly strong urge to turn into a banana slug worming into his mind.

He bit down, hard, on his lip, drawing blood, as he tried to fight Sam's mental command. There was a cracking sound, as he squeezed his fists tight enough that his left thumb broke, trying to use the pain to overcome the gnawing compulsion in the back of his head...

...And this time...things slowed down. Yes, eyestalks were popping out of his skull as his main eyes vanished, and yes, his skin was turning yellow...but that was as far as it went, as he dug down deep inside and swore.

The ref counted to three and Sam was eliminated, pausing the simulation once again as the boy lay there, panting, on the mat.

"Fucking a, man..."
Null

Postby Null » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:45 pm

((Several hours later...))

...And then he punched Sam in the face, hard, with no obvious intermediate process of change. The simulation froze yet again, with the boy panting.

"Right. One down, several trillion more to go."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:13 pm

Sean had gone looking for Null finally realizing maybe he should talk to him. Maybe apologize for how things went and how he hadn't really upheld his side of things. Eventually he walked into the Danger Room booth and watched Null fight through the match again, and again... and again... and again.

"You want some company? Or are you planning on punching the Morrigan by yourself for eternity?" Sean asked.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:15 pm

The boy looked up out of breath.

"Nah, man, come on in. I think I'm finally getting the hang of this shit," he said waving Sean in.
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:26 pm

After a couple minutes Sean walked into the Danger Room. He changed the uniform Null had given him figuring street clothes probably not the best for fighting this out again.

"I'm... sorry about how things turned out with this whole thing," Sean said, "Feels like I over promised and under delivered a bit, aye?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:27 pm

"Mmm. You delivered a hell of a lot, Sean. You just lacked...the experience needed to pull it through at the end.

I don't blame the loss on you. I blame it on me. I hesitated at the end."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:36 pm

"Maybe we all threw our own spanner in the works," Sean shrugged. "Maybe not Nailah though. She seemed to have a handle on things."

Sean paused for a moment.

"But yeah, I'm not particularly experienced with the whole fighting as a team thing. Only have a few missions under my belt. Don't really spend that much time practicing melting people with fireballs either."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:42 pm

"Well, practice makes perfect. That's why I'm here.

I've had the DR replicate Sam's telepathic attack on me, over and over and over. Trying to withstand it; to avoid the triggered shift. It's exhausting."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:12 pm

"This thing can do that?" Sean asked sounding rather impressed. "That's rather useful. Probably less embarrassing than improving mental defenses with a sparring partner. "
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:15 pm

"More, you know, possible, too. I think Sam is allergic to using her powers in everyday life.

It's not quite the same, and there's no guarantee it would work in live action -- but it's better than nothing."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:20 pm

"Definitely better than astral projecting and trying to fight things," Sean mused. "The Morrigan does seem to have a code of some kind. Or maybe its a telepath thing?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:23 pm

"You'd have to ask her, of course. It's not bad to have a code, of course, but you would hope you'd try to be a bit...interesting from time to time."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:31 pm

"Her defining characteristic does seem to be thinking herself the most righteous," Sean said, "Though perhaps that's more aggravating than interesting. Though she's gathered herself quite the coterie so maybe it is interesting."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:34 pm

"She had a larger one back home, but then, she was older, then. It probably just comes with experience, and I'm probably judging her too harshly.

Still satisfying to punch her in her nose, though."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:39 am

"Yeah, landing a punch on her during the fight felt good," Sean smiled. "And yeah maybe you're right about being hard on her, but maybe if she and her band didn't pretend rainbows shined out her arse we wouldn't be."

"You picked a new name then? Or you trying for a rematch?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:54 am

"They won't give me a rematch, so I guess I'm stuck."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:09 am

"Could turn a couple of them into ferrets if it'd make you feel better," Sean joked. "But I'm not surprised they didn't want a rematch. It was even odd I think before Hailey intervened."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:25 am

"I told her to intervene slightly sooner, while you had Sam distracted, but she hesitated.

I also, uh, hesitated in my backup plan, and, well, here we are."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:39 am

"There are worse places," Sean shrugged. "Thoigh I suppose I didn't lose my name so... maybe that doesn't mean much."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:45 am

"Yeah, no offense Sean, but you didn't have any chips in the pot. It was beat the Morrigan and get a ton of rep, or, you know, not. No harm, no foul."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:27 am

"So why not try a different scenario?" Sean asked. "If there's no rematch I mean what's the point of beating all of this. Just the satisfaction of lunching the Morrigan in the nose?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:34 am

"It's...," he sighed.

"I wanted to overcome my point of failure. So it can't happen again. That's the general idea, at least."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:23 am

"Has it made you feel better or anything? Knowing you maybe could have won," Sean asked.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:29 am

"Not particularly -- and I have a problem here, where I'm too good for this to really help, so I don't know how...effective it will be in future."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:45 am

"Can't say I wont slow to down, but we could try a different training scenario?" Sean asked. "Maybe even get in a bit of a laugh as I get beaned by some technological nonsense as revenge for all the electronics I've fried with magic over the years."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:59 am

"If you've got something you want to try, I'm all ears."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:57 pm

"Does this thing have like a coven of witches and warlocks we can fight?" Sean asked. "I'm not really uh, familiar with this thing. I was always a bit worried magic would cock it up to be honest."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:05 pm

"I have no idea if magic will screw this thing up or not. I'm fairly sure that it can't replicate it, if for no other reason than the headmistress doesn't believe it exists."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:45 pm

"Yeah, she assigned me a therapist to try and convince me I'm full of it," Sean said, "Because repeated X-Gene tests wasn't enough. Probably thinks I'm just some sort of super powered science experiment."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:47 pm

"Join the club!" the boy laughed. "Experimental units, hoooo."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:49 pm

"Are there membership cards?" Sean chuckled. "I'm sure she'll be reviewing the footage from the fight trying to figure out how I manipulated gravity and then created a wall of fire."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:50 pm

"I still haven't heard back from her, one way or another, after the fight. Probably trying to forget about everything. Not her problem anymore, after all."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:56 pm

"Bit odd, really," Sean said, "You'd think she'd be rather interested in dotting the i's and crossing the t's."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:26 pm

"Maybe she things she's washed her hands of me, now, and just has her Will to experiment on. Maybe she's talking to him all hours of the day with the computer in his head. I wouldn't know."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:51 pm

"Wait what?" Sean asked.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:04 pm

"To fix him up after the hospital fight, she put a computer in his head," the boy explained. "She was impatient to get him back on his feet, and so took a shortcut in the way she'd know how."
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:53 pm

"That's... terrifying," Sean said feeling rather uncomfortable with the idea of a computer being inserted into somebody's mind.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Null » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:54 pm

"Welcome to Xaviers in a dystopian universe," the boy gestured.
Null

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:28 pm

"Far from perfect, aye," Sean said, "But I didn't think we were a dystopia. Makes me think like we live in some kind of Max Max world where we use human blood as engine coolant."
Sean Hall
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point