To Me, My X-Men

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

To Me, My X-Men

Postby Will » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:14 am

Will and Ryan had taken over the briefing room in the point, where they were squinting and trying to map the ongoing dimensional drifts, trying to find a pattern.

"How can the sauna just vanish. It's supposed to be right thwhoops, no, now it's in the kitchen. I hope everyone's fine with cold cuts tonight."

((open))
Will

Re: To Me, My X-Men

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:33 am

"I could try hunting some inter-dimensional deer if we're really hard up," Tereza comments from where she's sitting, watching them work.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:48 am

"Could cook up the deer meat in the sauna," Haley suggested, looking up from a tablet, trying to read anything she could find about dimensional travel and breaches that the X-teams had in their database to be a bit less useless and also distract herself from this mess.
Haley Crusek
Student

High Concept: Pint-sized Powerhouse
Aspect: Wannabe hero
Aspect: Shitty psychic
Aspect: Hothead
Aspect: Walmart-brand Tinkerbell

Postby Will » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:00 am

"I'm sure it will be back soon enough, though who knows where at this rate," Will sighed, slumping back. "Urgh. I feel like my brain's been run through the wringer."
Will

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:14 am

"Wait until you meet the two other Wills we have here. Well. I guess one isn't called Will anymore..." Haley sighed, setting down the tablet in frustration as her eyes glazed over.

"Jesus, what will I do if I meet another me?"
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Will » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:19 am

"Um...I'm sorry, what?" Will said, looking over to Haley. "Twins?"
Will

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:22 am

Haley opened her mouth as if to speak and then stopped several times before starting, "I'm still hazy on exactly what happened, but somehow our Will got split in half, and the two halves don't like each other, and they just fought each other for the right to be called Will."

"...I swear, I'm not high or drunk."
Haley Crusek
Student

Postby Will » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:25 am

Will rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Great. I'm a nutjob here."
Will

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:25 am

Ryan smirked. "Seems to check out."
Ryan Gabriel

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:59 am

"Well, the network is just about useless at the moment. Satellite connection is keeping us tethered to the internet for the most part, but we keep running into stretches of the dish disappearing. I don't have eyes on anything beyond the Point and I'm hesitant to try, because even emails are getting messed up. And to top it off I keep getting hammered by nonsensical signals originating from, as far as I can tell, nowhere at all." Ashlie says as she walks into the room.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:01 am

"Who...?" Ryan whispered to Will.

"I have no idea," Will whispered back.
Ryan Gabriel

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:06 am

"My apologies for the lack of polite coverings on my frame, but some things have taken precedence. I'm Ashlie Minamida, the headmistress. Or 'A' headmistress, I suppose. Will Stanton I'm all too familiar with, you I can't place."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Will » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:07 am

"My reputation proceeds me, and in a way I'm not altogether happy with," Will frowned.
Will

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:07 am

"Seraph, Team 1 leader. I've been unable to make contact with most of my team, though that might be something to do with the signals going haywire."
Ryan Gabriel

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:42 pm

Tereza begins weaving ice between her fingers as she watches and listens.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Madrox Saavedra » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:35 pm

"And it's giving me a headache," said a new stranger to this universe as he entered, "...metaphorically."

Ashlie would detect the young man as a source of some of the unknown data flying about.
Madrox Saavedra

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:22 pm

"That's one way to put it. First order of business should be a reliable way to keep lines of communication open. Dimensional transceivers if you will, so we're less at the whims of dimensional currents."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:28 pm

"I could probably whip something up," Tosh offered, "With some help."
Toshiro Narumi
Student

High Concept: Nascent Cardinal Guardian
Aspect: Adorkable Tech Genius
Aspect: Hero In The Blood
Aspect: Crowded Brain
Aspect: Werewolf Lover
Aspect: Guilty Conscience

Postby Madrox Saavedra » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:35 pm

"Anyone seen John? This seems like his sort of thing," Madrox asked.
Madrox Saavedra

Postby Will » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:18 pm

"At some point, we're going to have to get a head count of who's here and who's not.

At the very least, I'm not seeing any reports of injuries or anything. I'm not sure if there's an imminent threat to life and limb here."
Will

Postby Gideon Rede » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:05 pm

Gideon had stepped into the briefing room through a seemingly unconnected door at least to him. It had been a while since he'd been in the briefing room. He walked up to Madrox the most familiar person to him at that moment catching a part of the conversation. To Haley it was as if a much younger version of Professor Rede had stepped into the room.

"I'm not John, but I can offer a set of hands," Gideon said quietly to Madrox as he looked around the room. Full of people who looked familiar, but not and not necessarily in a good way.
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Madrox Saavedra » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:15 pm

"Don't tell me. Take it up with that guy," Madrox said, motioning to Tosh.
Madrox Saavedra

Postby Gideon Rede » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:47 pm

Gideon raised an eyebrow, but moved towards Tosh. There were a lot of terrified people on this campus, or campuses based on what was on the screens in the room, and it was starting to give him a headache.

"Seems like I'm your help," Gideon said looking at Tosh. "You wanted to make a transceiver, something we can use to filter the different dimensions signal traffic."
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:17 pm

"Do you know anything about transdimensional physics or even just engineering?" Tosh asked. "No that I'd refuse an extra pair of hands."
Toshiro Narumi
Student

High Concept: Nascent Cardinal Guardian
Aspect: Adorkable Tech Genius
Aspect: Hero In The Blood
Aspect: Crowded Brain
Aspect: Werewolf Lover
Aspect: Guilty Conscience

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:28 pm

"Okay, everyone who can help with dimensional mechanics or following blueprints is with me." she says before her body twitches and a different, somewhat younger-sounding voice comes from her mouth.

"Affirmative. I might be able to provide some additional data."

Her body goes rigid and her regular voice is back, now tinged with a hint of annoyance. "Please stop that."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:29 pm

Tereza raises an eyebrow, "What was that?"
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:41 pm

"Buildings and structures are overlapping. My cables and architecture are part of that and so are hers."

"It appears we crossed a number of cables and I have lost access to my hard-light nodes. I am ASHLIE, Autonomous System for Heuristic Learning, Intelligence and Exploration."

"And I have allowed her to hitch a ride, so to speak. I thought we'd come to an understanding, but she seems to have a problem with boundaries and permissions."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:49 pm

"At this rate, you really should probably put together some spare bodies," Tereza comments.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Gideon Rede » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:20 pm

Toshiro Narumi wrote:"Do you know anything about transdimensional physics or even just engineering?" Tosh asked. "No that I'd refuse an extra pair of hands."

"Engineering though usually I build things a bit more practical than this," Gideon said, "But you tell me what we need and I can probably help build it."
Gideon Rede
Faculty

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:23 pm

"Yes, I will get right on that with all my copious spare time." she quips a bit harshly.

"I am sorry. That was unwarranted."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:31 pm

Getting a harsh response seems to take Tereza by surprise, but she tries to mask it, "No, it's okay. Bad time to joke I guess."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Will » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:27 pm

"Glad to see you here, ASHLIE. Can you give us a threat assessment of the situation?" Will said, smiling at the robot.
Will

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:38 pm

"I'm afraid not. Lack of proper infrastructure in this reality is causing problems. I agree with the need to establish signal boosters so I can regain proper access to the Mastermind system to run diagnostics."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Ryan Gabriel » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:43 pm

"Alright. Our tech guys should go with the robot, and try to get something up and running so we can figure out what we're facing.

Everyone else should come with me, and we'll patrol the borders and make sure we're not under attack -- we're distracted and disoriented, so this is a perfect time for one of our enemies to make an assault. Perhaps they even caused it to begin with."
Ryan Gabriel

Postby Will » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:45 pm

"Hold up -- we have a bunch of scared people on campus. A lot of these people are kids; we even have high schoolers here. Our first priority should be calming them down -- we don't seem to be in any immediate danger, so getting the campus, or what's left of it, under control makes more sense. With a bunch of mutants with limited control of their powers running around on adrenaline, we could make this situation much worse before we make it any better."
Will

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:49 pm

Tereza rolls her eyes, "If the bad guys can navigate that nonsense out there to get to us, more power to them. I need to round up the pack, make sure they, and by extension everyone else, are safe."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:59 pm

"Go around and keep an eye out for trouble but first and foremost, calm people down. See if you can determine pockets that are stable enough to serve as a gathering place to direct people to. Make sure people are on the same page. It'll be easier once communications are sorted and I can serve as an information hub. Use your best judgement on how you think you can help the situation. You're all X-Men, I trust you to do the right thing."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Will » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:01 pm

"Is there a tannoy system working? Some kind of campus communication? You said the e-mail servers appeared to be compromised..."
Will

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:27 pm

"In theory, but none of it is reliable or functioning properly. Dimensional borders are bisecting cable connections and distorting wireless transmissions and overlapping different systems with different technology, protocols and signal standards. We're working on establishing an universal protocol. Well, she is since it appears to be a specialty of hers while I'm serving as main administrator for the time being. It's a networking nightmare."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Haley Crusek » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:29 pm

“What about the loudmouth that hangs with Tosh. Uh. Trev,” she suggested. “Get him and he could gather people probably.” Haley suggested.
Haley Crusek
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point