Dimensional Magic-geneering

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Dimensional Magic-geneering

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:38 am

Sean was staring at a map of thr campus chanting slowly as he poured a pile of iron onto the table. He didn't know any transdimensional physics, but he knew magic, uh, somewhat well. The spell he was casting was trying to see if map th ley lines to see if they were still... intelligible or not, or of they gave any clue of a way to navigate across the campus.

((Open))
Sean Hall
Student

Re: Dimensional Magic-geneering

Postby Professor Weaver » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:46 am

"Well, this is most certainly not my sanctuary..." the woman clad in Egyptian-seeming robes says as she steps into the room.
Professor Weaver

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:00 am

Sean was a little surprised by the sudden entrance and turned towards the strange voice palm facing towards it rings glowing.

"Bloody hell," exlaimed staring at Professor Weaver. "Who are you?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Professor Weaver » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:26 am

"Sekhmet's High-Priestess reborn, Guardian of Fate, Wife to the Morrigan." she says in her best ominous and grand-standing tone before her voice softens, almost sounding amused. "Also Professor for Linguistics; Nailah Weaver. You must be the Sean Hall."
Professor Weaver

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:52 pm

"Yes, quite, that's me," Sean said lowering his hands, "I suppose that means there's other Sean Halls running around then..."

Sean suddenly remembered his manners.

"...tea?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Professor Weaver » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:17 pm

"Earl Grey please, thank you." she says as she finds a place to sit at a cluttered table. "And yes, I'm well acquainted with another incarnation of you."
Professor Weaver

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:33 pm

Sean used a cantrip to gather the kettle, tea, and assorted things you put in tea.

"That sounds almost ominous," Sean smiled.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Professor Weaver » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:42 pm

"Everyone casts a shadow. Some are deeper than others. What we make of it is what matters in the end."
Professor Weaver

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:45 pm

"Ah, now I know you're a practitioner. Nobody else so readily speaks in riddles," Sean joked.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Professor Weaver » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:48 pm

"It's an affectation as much as it is a necessity. Especially in circumstances such as these. Too many butterflies in too many storms."
Professor Weaver

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:52 pm

"Too many people trying to solve a fifth dimensional problem," Sean said watching the kettle, "I have a feeling this is going to get worse before it gets better."

The kettle began to whistle.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Wanda Johansson » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:56 pm

There was a light knock on the door. "Sean, I brought my notes and some extra herbs. I didn't know if..." The voice trailed off as she saw the newcomer who looked very familiar and yet not at all familiar.
Wanda Johansson

High Concept: Storm Druid
Aspect: Child of Earth
Aspect: A Butterfly Flaps Her Wings
Aspect: Putting Down Roots
Aspect: Wrapped In The Leash

Postby Professor Weaver » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:10 pm

"Undoubtedly, but I have faith in those gathered here." she says, taking the kettle and pouring the boiling water into three cups before there's a knock on the door.

"Ah, welcome. Tea?"
Professor Weaver

Postby Wanda Johansson » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:24 pm

"Tea... would be... lovely. Thank you," Wanda says stepping into the room and glancing at Sean.
Wanda Johansson

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:32 pm

"This is Professor Weaver, a practitioner from another dimension," Sean said noticing Wanda's glance. "The notes and herbs can go on the desk. For now tea."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Wanda Johansson » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:34 pm

"Any relation to Nailah Weaver?" Wanda says, putting the items where requested and taking a seat.
Wanda Johansson

Postby Professor Weaver » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:35 pm

"A pleasure to meet you." she smiles at the newcomer.
Professor Weaver

Postby Wanda Johansson » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:42 pm

It takes Wanda a moment to process that. "Right. I'm Wanda Johansson."
Wanda Johansson

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:50 pm

"Now we're just missing some werewolves and an incarnation of the Morrigan," Sean said before sipping his tea, "Biscuits anyone? I know I have some here for late nights."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Professor Weaver » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:59 pm

"Please." she says, taking a sip of tea. "And even I try not to make predictions as to if and when my wife decides to make an appearance." she chuckles.
Professor Weaver

Postby Wanda Johansson » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:05 pm

"Your wife," Wanda says, "Right different... At least there's another practitioner here. And another Child somewhere on campus, unless my feeling is mistaken."
Wanda Johansson

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:19 pm

Sean made a gesture with one hand and two paper golems carried packages of biscuits to the group from some shelves.

"One of my old books I was translating contained several housekeeping spells," Sean said by way of explanation. "I feel something emanating from the campus. A large and powerful being that feels very... familiar, but I"m not entirely sure what it is."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Wanda Johansson » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:31 pm

"At least I can feel that Isolde is okay, so at least I know I don't need to worry about that."
Wanda Johansson

Postby Professor Weaver » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:18 am

Nailah quirks an eyebrow at Sean's casual use of magic to bring them biscuits.

"We're in somewhat of an eye of the storm. I don't believe anyone has come to harm yet."
Professor Weaver

Postby Wanda Johansson » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:10 pm

"Is there anything we could do to stabilize the eye? Maybe help keep things a little calmer here?"
Wanda Johansson

Postby Professor Weaver » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:20 pm

"The Lighthouse is very much opposed to the state of things as they are right now and perpetuating the chaos would be akin to swimming against the stream. But we might be able to bring some structure to the shifting boundaries as long as it's in the spirit of Ordering." she says with bit of a pointed look at Sean for who knows what reason.
Professor Weaver

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:47 pm

"How do you propose fortifying the boundaries? Anchoring them?" Sean asked trying to ignore the pointed look, but he couldn't help looking a little perturbed.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Professor Weaver » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:06 pm

"No. You'd be fighting against the natural order of things by trying to forcibly anchor this. Reinforce existing ideas. It's a Lighthouse for a reason. It guides the way, grants safe passage." she says, getting up and finding some chalk on one of the tables, beginning to draw an elaborate diagram on the floor as she talks.

"Strengthen those concepts so people can safely traverse across for the time being without having to struggle against how things should be. The boundaries will grow more steady as connections are formed from things moving back and forth, like a Trampelpfad."
Professor Weaver

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:31 pm

Sean stood to see the diagram that Prof. Weaver was drawing.

"Trampelpfad?" Sean asked not familiar with the term.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Wanda Johansson » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:35 pm

"A desire path," Wanda says, "I hike enough that I've run across that term. You're saying that paths will solidify in response to the traveler's desire to go to a place."
Wanda Johansson

Postby Professor Weaver » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:46 pm

"Exactly. And very importantly, they're distinct from a planned, paved road. You can find them everywhere and thus the idea will grant power to the spell. By giving it a name we can invoke it and it's workings."
Professor Weaver

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:18 pm

"And you have thought of a working to leverage that?" Sean asked.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Professor Weaver » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:50 pm

"In a manner of speaking." she says as she finishes the drawing. Not so much a circle and more a number of interconnected and overlapping triangles along with Arabic writing worked into it. Three larger prongs or corners extent out from the diagram and Nailah indicates them as she steps up to one of them. "If you would? We have a fortuitous triad gathered here after all."
Professor Weaver

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:56 pm

Sean stepped up to one of the corners of the diagram.

"Fortuitous, aye," Sean said studying the drawing, "I suppose we can't let the engineers try to fix this alone."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Wanda Johansson » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:20 pm

Wanda steps out of her sandals and moves to the remaining empty spot. "I'll do what I can."
Wanda Johansson

Postby Professor Weaver » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:56 am

"Just repeat after me in turn. Your words have weight." she says, reaching out to take Wanda's and Sean's hands respectively.

"Three times over we shall call on you
Three times over in the name of the Eye of Wadjet.
Here where your light shines upon many worlds,
Let it be guidance and guardian over those treading the unknown.
With foot and wing, with shout and transmission, with torch and phone we trace our paths.
Fleeting until order can be restored let them move unfettered with longing steps."

As they're following along they can both feel intangible connections forming, ephemeral strands aligning just enough to bridge the jagged edges tearing across reality and letting them drift alongside each other loosely instead of crashing into each other. They can even feel the gentle pulsing of various electronic machinery and frequencies from the Point adding to the desire paths across realities. Data doesn't have a presence, of course, but it carries enough echoes of personal connections and relationships to be reinforced by the spell and vice versa.

"So speaks the High-Priestess of Sekhmet, she who dwells in the West of the Heavens." Nailah finishes.
Professor Weaver

Postby Wanda Johansson » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:49 pm

Wanda's voice followed without hesitation.

With foot and wing, with shout and transmission, with torch and phone we trace our paths.
Fleeting until order can be restored let them move unfettered with longing steps."

That last part, though, it seemed to need to be personal. But somehow, she instinctively still knew what she needed to say.

"So speaks the Child of Earth, she who is the Mother of Life."
Wanda Johansson

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:20 pm

Sean took Nailah's and Wanda's hands before following along.

Sean felt the connections forming and followed them as the spell proceeded. He fell into the spell.

"So speaks the Child of the Others, he who holds the fire and the darkness," Sean said following the others reflexively more than actively.
Sean Hall
Student

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point