Speaking with the Stone

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Speaking with the Stone

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:12 pm

Sean was sitting and staring at the golem he'd created. He was slowly sketching it on a piece of paper in front of him, focusing on drawing the movement of magic through it, the runes that were embedded in it when you looked at it closely enough. The golem itself simply continued standing as if resting as it waited for instructions, for commands, for purpose. It didn't seem to stare at Sean as it lacked eyes, or a head at all really, but Sean could still feel it looking at him. How Sean knew this he wasn't sure, there was a connection there between the golem and himself. A connection that had been created when he'd crafted the golem, given it life.

((Open))
Sean Hall
Student

Re: Speaking with the Stone

Postby The Book of Sins » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:40 pm

"Impressive work indeed." a voice says and for a moment it seems like the golem itself said something.

But then a short figure steps around the golem's head and onto it's shoulder, wearing an impeccable, if maybe slightly outdated suit and a wide grin.
The Book of Sins

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:27 pm

The Book of Sins wrote:"Impressive work indeed." a voice says and for a moment it seems like the golem itself said something.

But then a short figure steps around the golem's head and onto it's shoulder, wearing an impeccable, if maybe slightly outdated suit and a wide grin.

Sean had stood up quickly still holding his drawing materials because he'd thought for a moment the golem had spoken (which would have been impressive). He couldn't help looking somewhat disappointed when the figure popped out instead. Pulling the drawing materials to his chest Sean gave a slight bow at the dwarf's compliment.

"Takes something impressive to fight a god," Sean said staring at the figure.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby The Book of Sins » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:38 pm

"And here I was thinking you didn't appreciate my little gift. Very well done, Mister Hall."
The Book of Sins

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:52 pm

Sean felt a strange kinship with the little man. He wasn't sure why. A connection of sorts perhaps even a magnetic pull that put him at ease.

"I prefer using it as a trump card because I'm not sure what kind of payment you want," Sean said evenly, "Do you have more pages for me? Or are you just here to admire my handiwork?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby The Book of Sins » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:25 pm

"You wound me, Mister Hall. No fee, no toll, no rates or bill. I'm merely came to see your skill."

"The page was free of string and bond, a gift for you to from far beyond."

"No more remains of what it was but what you now hold in your grasp."
The Book of Sins

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:51 pm

"A gift from you? Or from someone else?" Sean asked looking at the dwarf. "Or is it some kind of trial version to see if I'm willing to pay for more."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby The Book of Sins » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:37 pm

"A gift's a gift and that is that. It's not a spell that's easily cast, I should know, I've failed to weave it. To pass it on seemed only prudent, to find a more deserving student. You owe me nothing, nada, zilch, no strings or tricks or caveat."
The Book of Sins

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:50 pm

Sean couldn't help but feel some sense of pride even though a small part of his mind wondered if it was simply flattery to keep him distracted.

"Then perhaps you should supply this student sorcerer a supply of spells," Sean smiled. "So that I can become something greater."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby The Book of Sins » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:17 pm

"Mayhaps, though struggle and calamity give rise to their own ingenuity. You learn much more from toil and trouble than reading books inside a bubble. My lessons do come with a price though not as Faustian as surmised, it's simply part of how life goes, you learn much more through painful throes."
The Book of Sins

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:30 pm

"Surviving serious struggle supplies strength, certainly," Sean said to the dwarf. "Your advice rings true, so I'll strive to take myself further, but if you find yourself with surplus spells... consider supplying them to me. We can haggle cost when that happens."
Sean Hall
Student

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point