Boffins, Stat

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Re: Boffins, Stat

Postby Null » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:35 pm

The boy tried to stick to the inside of the cabinet, slamming his fists into the side and deforming it as he clung on to any hand holds he could find-slash-make.
Null

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:54 pm

Tosh reluctantly prepared to shut the boy in.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

High Concept: Nascent Cardinal Guardian
Aspect: Adorkable Tech Genius
Aspect: Hero In The Blood
Aspect: Crowded Brain
Aspect: Werewolf Lover
Aspect: Guilty Conscience

Postby Robin Stanton » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:16 pm

"Dangit, giddout!" the cabinet teeters back and forth dangerously on top of the freeze-dryer.

"Turn on the vacuum, Tosh, get him in there! He'll be fine! This is all--" she's interrupted by a huge dent appearing on the side of the cabinet, rocking it to one side before crashing back down. "--part of Operation Reunification!"
Robin Stanton
Student

High Concept: Resilient Showoff
Aspect: Born into Weirdness
Aspect: A 'Better' Future

Postby Null » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:15 am

"Operation WHAT? Oh, missy, you are going to be in SO much trouble!" the boy growled, slamming himself against the other side of the cabinet.
Null

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:45 pm

"Forgive me Will," Tosh said before turning on the vacuum.
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:05 pm

"Thank you. Jeesh..." Robin says as the machine sucks Null out of the cabinet and before she can get stuck as well she leaps from the cabinet, landing next to the lid and giving it a casual flick, enough for it to get caught in the suction and slam shut, sealing Null in the under-pressurized plastic cylinder.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Null » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:52 pm

The enclosed chamber did a good job of drowning out the boy's words, which was a good thing as they seemed to be a string of invective aimed at Robin and Tosh.

When Robin would pull this sort of prank on her father, she'd normally get a resigned look, and could count on retribution in the not-too-distant future. The boy, however, was shooting daggers out of his eyes; much more hostile than Robin was used to. Such is the problem with half-a-dad.
Null

Postby Robin Stanton » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:41 pm

"See, this is exactly what the problem is." Robin nods sagely, pulling the lab-coat back on and acting as if she's a doctor looking at an x-ray. "He's, like, actually mad right now." she adds, knocking on the plexiglass.

Pulling out her phone she holds it up to her mouth and talks with overly clear enunciation, "Call. Samantha." When that does nothing she frowns. "Hey Google, call Samantha McManus." She sighs dramatically and slumps her shoulder. "And you call yourself a 'smart'phone. I have to do this myself? Like some kinda Baby-Boomer?" After some navigating with the touchscreen she finally manages to pull up Sam's number and dial it.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Null » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:01 pm

The freeze-dryer rocked back and forth as the boy tried to shake himself out.
Null

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:25 pm

"Hey Robin, what's up?"
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Robin Stanton » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:48 pm

"Yes hi, I have your order of one freeze-dried Clay-Boy in the oven right now. If you could pick up the other one from whatever closet he's hiding in and bring him to the lab?"
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:49 pm

"I'm having trouble finding him, actually. I didn't think he had any reason to hide, but he's done a damn good job of it this time."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:03 pm

"Dangit! Now I know how they musta felt dealing with me." she laughs. "Okay, did you check the laundry? Couch cushions? He mighta screwed himself into a lamp..."
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:32 pm

"I've already turned the room bloody upside down."
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:01 pm

"I'll meet you over in the dorms once we got this one all sorted out."

Lowering the phone she looks over to Tosh. "Hey, you think you could science up a Will-Detector?"
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Null » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:26 pm

The freeze-dryer clanked again, as the boy continued to try to force his way out.
Null

Postby Toshiro Narumi » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:19 pm

"Already invented one," he said proudly before running to get his improvised tricorder.

Coming back, he added while fiddling with the smartphone interface, "Dimensional signature tracking function. Just need to calibrate the range so you don't throw it off."
Toshiro Narumi
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:07 pm

"Awesome! Alright, you do that while I make sure Mr. Sourpuss here doesn't break containment." she says, turning around to the machine and checking over all the various dials and whatnot until she finds the one that controls the temperature and cranks it way down. Between the rapidly lowering temperature inside the container and the negative pressure the machine slowly sucks all the moisture out of Null.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:52 pm

The machine rocked as the boy slammed himself against the side of it, opting for raw strength instead of, you know, any finesse or planning, to try to break free.

A negative-pressure machine, however, was basically perfect for containing a Stanton, and the cold temperatures helped immensely as well. Robin wasn't concerned with proper techniques, only cranking the machine to it's max, so the end results were....effective, if not particularly pretty.

As the boy's moisture sublimated out, fine cracks could be seen on his skin. The negative pressure puffed him up, not unlike a marshmallow, and the fine spider-web of cracks continued to form. Enough time in here, and you'd have a lovely flakey Stanton powder of some sort.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Robin Stanton » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:00 pm

"Excellente!" Robin says, supervising the process with her hands on her hips. "Now, let's go get Sam and find the other half."
Robin Stanton
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point