[Plot] In It To Wing It

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Re: In It To Wing It

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:49 pm

Nailah yelps and goes tumbling forward, landing on her back with her tail curled forward between her legs.

"Owww! What the fudge is your problem?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Postby Zandra Rogers » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:05 pm

"I'm not in a fight to lose. This is supposed to be teaching you about respecting authority," she growled, shakily getting to her feet.
Zandra Rogers

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:23 pm

"Respect me or I'll kick you in the crotch!?" Nailah whines as she unsteadily gets back on her feet.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Zandra Rogers » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:25 pm

"Respect me if you know what's good for you, is more like. Ya give up yet?" she smiled, smugly, trying to get her hair back into place.
Zandra Rogers

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:31 pm

"That's the same dang thing!" Nailah grouches but manages to stand up (mostly) straight and stare Zandra down. "It'll take more than that to keep me down though."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Zandra Rogers » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:34 pm

Zandra frowned. "You don't think I'm going to start respecting you just 'cause you can take a punch, right?"
Zandra Rogers

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:37 pm

"Why would I care if you respect me?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Zandra Rogers » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:49 pm

"I just thought this might about your over-developed ego; don't know why else you'd bother keeping fighting," she smirked. "Don't think this is going to be one of those 'two enemies fight and gain new respect for one another' things you read about in the funny pages."

"But I'll give you the chance to quit now with your ego intact," she said, even though she was clearly the worse for wear.
Zandra Rogers

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:15 pm

"You wish." Nailah says and breaks into a sprint, zig-zagging towards Zandra to keep her options open in regards to intercepting Zandra when she inevitably is going to go fast.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Zandra Rogers » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:24 pm

Gritting her teeth, Zandra once again tried the direct approach, running straight after Nailah -- after all, with all that zig-zagging, what were the odds Nailah could find herself in the right position to get a solid punch in again?
Zandra Rogers

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:34 pm

Nailah closes her eyes and lets herself just follow her gut. Or rather, her precognition. She's too tired to focus but it seems to help with letting herself drift towards the right path instead of trying to force herself to chase after a constantly shifting future.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Zandra Rogers » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:44 pm

The possible futures zipped past Nailah -- near misses, opportunities to get countered, slipping and falling and hurting herself -- as she narrowed them down.

And then she lashed out, punching not where Zandra was, but where she would be. It connected with a very satisfying crunch as Zandra fell to the floor.
Zandra Rogers

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:52 pm

"Ahahaha!" she laughs, putting her hands on her hips, flexing one of them a little cause punching someone square in the face does tend to smart a little. "Gotcha!"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Zandra Rogers » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:56 pm

Zandra's nose had been busted by Nailah's punch -- running into a fist at full speed would cause damage, even if the person with the fist WASN'T a semi-trained vigilante.

With blood streaking down her face, she lay on the floor, clutching at her busted shnozz. "Dab you!" she grunted.
Zandra Rogers

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:48 pm

"You did walk right into that one." she quips, but then drops her stance to take a step towards Zandra. "You okay? It's not broken, is it?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Zandra Rogers » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:51 pm

"Dab you, I sed. Mah nose!"

It did appear to be pretty broken -- it was a hell of a strike.
Zandra Rogers

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:52 pm

"Come on, just tap out and we can get that looked at..."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Zandra Rogers » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:56 pm

"Why don't you."

While Nailah had been distracted, concerned about Zandra, she had slipped a small device that looked a little like a camera lens, or the bulb to a flashlight, down from her sleeve into her hand.

With a flick, it went on, bathing Nailah in a white light. Her mind started to go a bit...hazy wasn't quite the right word for it, but there was a growing disconnect between her and the world around her; like a bit of mental chaff. Hard to focus and keep her attention on things. The adrenaline in her bloodstream seemed to begin to dissipate, as the flight or fight innate reflexes began to be suppressed.

"Just give in; call it a day..."
Zandra Rogers

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:01 pm

"Come on, you're the one who got... got her... Nose... broken. Oh man, that's... I'm sorry, okay? Let's just... get you some help. It's not gonna heal right if you don't... I'll forfeit if you want, just go to the infirmary, yeah...?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Zandra Rogers » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:03 pm

"Wow, that worked even faster than I anticipated. Guess they really did soup it up after the Leo incident," Zandra muttered to herself.

"You OK with that? You're on laundry duty for the week if you are, remember?" she teased.
Zandra Rogers

Postby Nailah Weaver » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:05 am

"What? How's... Yeah, I don't want you to end up with a crooked nose or anything..."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Zandra Rogers » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:22 am

"Excellent," Zandra smirked. "Then it's a done deal."

As she struggled to her feet, she clicked off the light, and started walking unsteadily towards the door. "I won't hold the schnozz against ya. You've got enough on yer plate for now, I think."
Zandra Rogers

Postby Nailah Weaver » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:47 am

Nailah blinks in confusion as the beam turns off. "Wait... what... What'd you do? That's not... Hey!"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point