[Plot] Power to the People

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Re: Power to the People

Postby Quinn Quartermain » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:22 pm

"Then if you'd like to follow me, single file, hands above your heads, or should I Miraiamize the lot of you?" he asked, waving his hand to propel himself into the air -- not that he could go TOO high indoors, but, you know, stagecraft.

Below him, flames started licking up from the metal floor, an impossibility that was also a damn annoyance.
Quinn Quartermain

Postby Leo Eskandari » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:26 pm

"Yeah, how about you go fuck yourself," Leo growled as he dropped to all fours and took a running leap at the floating magician.
Leo Eskandari

High Concept: Animal I Have Become
Aspect: Mad Science Victim
Aspect: I Kissed a Boy and I Liked It
Aspect: Soft on the Inside
Aspect: Predatory Instincts
Aspect: No Poker Face

Postby Quinn Quartermain » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:36 pm

"Invitation denied," Quinn said, swooping to the left suddenly and delivering Leo a slash to his side as he went flying by.

"So direct. So unimaginative. Is this the best you have to offer?"
Quinn Quartermain

Postby Robin Stanton » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:40 pm

"Gimme back my power and I'll show you imaginative!" Robin frowns, lifting her hockey-stick behind behind herself as she runs at Quinn but then instead of bringing it swinging forward she jabs the hilt end of it right at his crotch.
Robin Stanton
Student

High Concept: Resilient Showoff
Aspect: Born into Weirdness
Aspect: A 'Better' Future

Postby Leo Eskandari » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:50 pm

Leo roared in pain as the blade raked his side. Upon landing, the bleeding beastboy turned and gave a nearly feral growl. His prey had hurt him. His prey had hurt him. It had to pay.

But maybe not at the moment. It had a weapon. Better to wait for an opening.
Leo Eskandari

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:53 pm

"Vic, are you going to be OK setting this up here by yourself? Because we may need to flank flaming Sargon over there," Will whispered, sotto voice.
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Quinn Quartermain » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:54 pm

Robin Stanton wrote:"Gimme back my power and I'll show you imaginative!" Robin frowns, lifting her hockey-stick behind behind herself as she runs at Quinn but then instead of bringing it swinging forward she jabs the hilt end of it right at his crotch.

Quinn was able to parry the blow, though it knocked him to one side.

"Foul! A foul I say. Two minutes in the penalty box for high-sticking!"

With a wave of his hand, several wall panels teared themselves free, crashing into Robin and attempting to close her in.
Quinn Quartermain

Postby Robin Stanton » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:00 pm

"Gah!" Robin is not nearly nimble enough right now to try and dodge out of the way, so she tries to at least cram the hockey-stick between two panels to try and pry herself out of the impending box.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:01 pm

"Keep your head in the game," she says, aiming a punch at Quinn's jaw.
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Quinn Quartermain » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:29 pm

Robin Stanton wrote:"Gah!" Robin is not nearly nimble enough right now to try and dodge out of the way, so she tries to at least cram the hockey-stick between two panels to try and pry herself out of the impending box.

The panels were encroaching quite severely; everytime Robin got a stick between them, they seemed to warp and bend out of the way and make the box that much tighter...

That required a fair bit of focus, however, and so Quinn was unprepared for when Sam blasted him in the jaw, causing him to breifly stop animating the panels, and giving Robin a chance to break free.

Growling, he whirled at Sam. "Little birdy needs a cage, I see..." he said, waving his hands once again. Cables started popping out of the ceiling, trying to wind themselves around Sam's limbs and restrict her movements.
Quinn Quartermain

Postby Leo Eskandari » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:36 pm

Leo used the distraction to charge through the flames like a demon and stab his tail at Quinn.
Leo Eskandari

Postby Quinn Quartermain » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:41 pm

Quinn cried out as Leo stabbed through him, falling to the floor, his hat falling off his head.

Grasping at it, he stuck his fist through the hat, and from behind Leo, a massive fist emerged from apparently nowhere and slammed him in the back of the head, hard.

The cables that had been trying to wrap themselves around Sam slackened, though knots were still knots.
Quinn Quartermain

Postby Leo Eskandari » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:51 pm

Leo, bleeding and just a little on fire, went out like a light.
Leo Eskandari

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:01 pm

With the slack Sam's been granted, she tries to swing back on the cables and deliver a two-footed kick to Quinn on the return path.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Robin Stanton » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:10 pm

Robin kicks her way out of the panel-box and, utilizing her stick for it's somewhat-intended purpose, gives one of the panels a good thwack to try and shoot it at Quinn like an oversized puck.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Quinn Quartermain » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:13 pm

Teamwork!

Sam can't get quite as sturdy as a kick as she'd like, because of her limited range of movement. Still, it was enough to stagger Quinn some, and into the path of Robin's slapshot panel, dazing him!

He staggered back a few steps, around the corner to try to regain his composure, pulling a wand from his sleeve as he waited for whoever would be foolish enough to round the corner first.
Quinn Quartermain

Postby Drake Martin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:23 pm

Unfortunately for him, a former dragon was there waiting. Drake came at him from behind with a baton swing aimed at his head.
Drake Martin
Student

High Concept: Dragonsouled
Aspect: Flyboy
Aspect: Genoshan Agent
Aspect: Bookwyrm

Postby Quinn Quartermain » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:25 pm

Quinn just, just managed to duck out of the way, the baton connecting with his hat and sending it skittering across the fight scene, far out of his reach.

Still dazed, Quinn fell to the floor from the effort of dodging. He pointed his wand up at Drake and, with a flick of his wrist, sent him up into the ceiling.
Quinn Quartermain

Postby Robin Stanton » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:35 pm

Meanwhile Robin is struggling to help Sam out of the cable tangle she's still caught in.
Robin Stanton
Student

Postby Drake Martin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:56 pm

Drake narrowly avoided a head injury as he bounced off of the ceiling and hit the floo, losing his batons in the process. He pulled something out of his jacket and scrambled into motion.

"Taste liquid pain douchebag!" he said, lunging closer and spraying pepper spray at Quinn's face.
Drake Martin
Student

High Concept: Dragonsouled
Aspect: Flyboy
Aspect: Genoshan Agent
Aspect: Bookwyrm

Postby Quinn Quartermain » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:02 pm

Quinn cried out and staggered back in the general direction of the angry mob of X-Men (and Ex-Mutants), blinded from the pepper spray.
Quinn Quartermain

Postby Shane Marsh » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:17 pm

Shane stood from where he was doing his best to slow Leo's bleeding with what was left of the other boy's charred clothes.

"Not so tough when you can't see, are you?" he asked as he closed the distance for a good old fashioned punch to the smug face.
Shane Marsh
Student

High Concept: Grumpy Green Man
Aspect: Rich Kid
Aspect: Daddy Issues
Aspect: Faux Bad Boy

Postby Quinn Quartermain » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:55 pm

Quinn cried out, and, as he fell, fired one final blast from his wand towards the ceiling.

That set off some alarms, as various subsystems and controls in the ceiling started sparking and short-circuiting, creating quite the hazardous situation overhead!
Quinn Quartermain

Postby Will Stanton » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:56 pm

"NOW would be a good time to open this door, Vic!" Will shouted over the din, moving to shelter the diminutive bombardier from any debris.
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:05 am

Ballinger Lippincott wrote:A voice crackled over the intercom. "Mr. Freud, I hope you are aware that if you damage the mutagens inside this room, then no one will be getting powers back at all, yes?"

"Oh no, I won't have an excuse anymore for when a girl points at it and calls it cute. Guess I'll just turn around and enjoy my powers for a few hours before the whole island gets nuked by the Russians."

Will Stanton wrote:"Vic, are you going to be OK setting this up here by yourself? Because we may need to flank flaming Sargon over there," Will whispered, sotto voice.

Victor looked over his shoulder and nodded with a smile and held up a book of matches. "Don't worry, I got this." That did not seem like a good idea. But instead of just touching a match to the explosive and splattering himself over his fellow students, he instead ripped one match out and then stuck the open matchbook into the putty sideways before slipping the single matchstick into the heads of the rest at its base. Out came the lighter and a moment's hesitation. He'd never actually practiced this part before. Because he'd never practiced with explosives before.

With the yelling from Will, Victor struck the lighter and set the matchstick head ablaze, and immediately began booking it in the other direction.

"Run run run run run RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN!"
Victor Freud
Student

High Concept: Face Turning Heel
Aspect: Title of Your Sex Tape / The Gadfly
Aspect: Shrinky Dink Shenanigans
Aspect: Always Second Best
Aspect: Underestimating Badassery
Aspect: Dressed for Success

Postby Emilie » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:07 am

Emilie did not have to be told twice. She didn't even wait for the word 'run' to pass his lips, and had one heel turned ready to book it as soon as it was alight.

"CLEAR OUT!" She screamed in the opposite direction of Vic as she did exactly that.
Emilie
Student

Postby Leo Eskandari » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:30 am

Drake and Shane joined forces to drag Leo around the corner. As they did so, he spasmed as his features became a little more human. Unfortunately, this got him bleeding again.
Leo Eskandari

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:49 am

Someone was going to have to repair the point at some, uh, point, as Victor's home made explosive worked like a charm, blowing a massive hole in the door, revealing Lippencott's lab. Some of the more point-oriented students would notice some of their equipment, hijacked and repurposed, jury-rigged together into some sort of massive analyzing and replicating monstrosity.

And, indeed, as Sam had predicted, Lippencott's threat was more of a bluff than anything else -- he was well away from the door, as were a number of multi-colored vials that he had in one hand. In his other hand he held a pistol, which fired a couple shots into the corridor, and then another couple at the ceiling, hitting the fire suppression system and emitting clouds of CO2, covering him as he tried to escape out a door in the back.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:05 am

And he might get through the door. Even down the narrow corridor for a bit with lights turning on as he goes and dimming behind him. Until, a couple paces ahead of him, one of the light turns on as Ashlie lifts her outstretched palm.

"I know everyone is probably eager for Summer Break, but you wouldn't want to leave before the students had a chance to evaluate the faculty. After all, it's an important part of striving to be the best we can be at. My. School." she says, taking slow, measured steps towards Ballinger.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Shane Marsh » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:09 am

"Go. I've got him," Drake said to Shane.

Shane nodded and ran into the gas after Lippincott. After all, he still a plant and could breathe just fine. Not that he would need to do a thing.
Shane Marsh
Student

High Concept: Grumpy Green Man
Aspect: Rich Kid
Aspect: Daddy Issues
Aspect: Faux Bad Boy

Postby Ballinger Lippincott » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 am

"Professor Minamida. So nice to finally meet you," Lippencott said, pointing the gun at her. "You are going to have to step aside, immediately."
Ballinger Lippincott

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:21 am

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Ballinger."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Leo Eskandari » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:26 am

Leo slowly came to and after a grumbly exchange, dragged himself towards the lab against medical dragon advice.
Leo Eskandari

Postby Ballinger Lippincott » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:43 am

"Well, I suppose this was inevitable," Lippencott shrugged, and shot ASHLIE in the chest.
Ballinger Lippincott

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:53 am

Ashlie is surprised by the lack of pain. Or what she knows as pain anyway. Reports of structural damage, system failures and the likes. This just kind of stings. A lot. Oh.

The shot is still ringing through the hallway as she looks down at the hole that has appeared in her chest and the clear, slightly viscous liquid that seeps out of it, then back up at Lippincott.

"That's probably not good." she notes with a pained wheeze, yet somehow manages to stay on her feet and in Lippincott's way regardless.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Samantha McManus » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:10 am

Sam coughs as she makes her way through the leaking fire suppression system.

"Right. That's enough from you," she grunts, and tries to clock the poor man.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:13 am

Lippencott tried to get his fist ups to block Sam's attack, but, at the end of the day, he's a 75-year old scientist, and Samantha's the Goddess of War and Death.

With a really, really satisfying *crunch*, Sam's fist connected with Lippencott's jaw, sending the headmaster to the tile floor below.

The vials, which seemed to nearly be glowing with the concentrated sparks within, did not break when falling over, which was probably for the best!
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Victor Freud » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:54 am

Victor dove to the floor and covered his head when he heard the explosion, getting back up in time to see his handiwork just before the fire suppression system kicked in. Then the nervous laughter kicked in.

"Oh, good, it didn't collapse the whole bunker in on itself."
Victor Freud
Student

High Concept: Face Turning Heel
Aspect: Title of Your Sex Tape / The Gadfly
Aspect: Shrinky Dink Shenanigans
Aspect: Always Second Best
Aspect: Underestimating Badassery
Aspect: Dressed for Success

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:04 am

"Well... done." Ashlie rattles and allows herself to fall against the wall. "I feel pride and an not insignificant amount of pain."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:58 am

Will rushed in behind the others, whistling slowly

"That right hook, yowza. Quoth the Raven, TKO in the third round."

He walked slowly over to ASHLIE, stepping on Lippencott's hand as he passed. "OK, there's no, uh, blood, which is probably good. But I don't know whether to take you to a person doctor or a robot doctor. Fortunatley, we only have the one building," he said, with a sheepish smile.
Will Stanton
Student

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point