[Plot] Like a Melody Stuck in My Head

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Re: Like a Melody Stuck in My Head

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:16 pm

"And you want to be the first... Exonaut. I'm not going to tell you not to explore the unknown, but like spaceflight and deepsea diving this will take some work and I can't promise it's even possible. Ontolgical shielding... we might have to ask someone more mythically inclined for their input. And we would need a sentient test-subject to test any potential approaches due to how this energy seems to be subject to severe quantum observation effects."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:32 pm

"Oh, this is definitely something you bring Sam in on. And Victor, too, considering he's an object of interest. Tosh as well, to bring the science into it. This is an interdisciplinary topic, for sure. But I don't think we can afford to do nothing; not when we're getting attacked in ways we can't even define.

And, yes, yes, test subject to be torn apart by energy, don't threaten me with a good time, yadda yadda yadda."
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:41 pm

"I'm not too concerned you might die. Well, that's not true, but you have backups and resiliencies that make it reasonable enough. No, the worst case scenario I worry about for you personally is that it does something to your power that we can't undo. Separates you from the rest of you and leaves you miserable."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:43 pm

"Is that a worse-case scenario than us getting stuck in a time loop, tormenting a student who can't handle it and torturing another to death hundreds of times?"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:56 pm

"Hardly, I just want you to know what you're signing up for if I'm going to subject you to extra-dimensional energies."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:58 pm

"I am an extra-dimensional energy. E=MC^2, right?"
Will Stanton
Student

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:07 pm

"That was a hundred years ago. Our understanding of..." she stops herself from launching into a lecture and shakes her head slightly with a faintly amused smile on her face.. "Yes, the principle still holds."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Will Stanton » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:14 pm

"Well, then. Extradimensional energies can worry about being subjected to me, then," he said, with a nod.
Will Stanton
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point