If You Build It...

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Re: If You Build It...

Postby Will Stantn » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:34 pm

"So lovely of you to compare my greater sense of being and purpose to a drug- induced hallucination, but yes, that's the concern," Will deadpanned
Will Stantn

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:02 pm

Ashlie sighs and pinches the bridge of her nose. "That's not what I meant. I'm just trying to help, but if you don't think it stands a chance of working then I have plenty other projects to put my time and effort into."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Will Stantn » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:02 pm

"If you think you can make something work, I'm willing to try. I'm just saying that what I lost is going to be very, very difficult to replicate, and the chance of failure is very high."
Will Stantn

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:28 pm

Ashlie nods. "I understand. Maybe not fully, but I do recognize the trust you're placing in me here. And I do apologize for comparing it to a drug. It was perhaps not the best metaphor."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Will Stantn » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:43 pm

"Well, I'm in this mess because of a metaphor gone badly. It happens," Will shrugged.
Will Stantn

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:54 pm

"Perhaps we should run some preliminary tests, see if we can get close to inducing this connection."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Will Stantn » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:47 pm

"I mean, I am fairly sure you'll find a willing volunteer for a test or seven around here. Just remember -- we're limited and finite at the moment, so we can't be as willy-nilly in self-preservation as we would normally be. What you see here is almost all of what you get."
Will Stantn

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:15 pm

"I try not to see people as disposable regardless. Thanks for talking this over with me. If there are any other concerns or issues you think of, please let me know. Otherwise I suppose it's time to round up those volunteers."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Will Stantn » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:34 pm

"Again, that whole point of view thing," Will pointed out again. "Re disposability, that is.

I'm sure more concerns and issues will raise themselves as we get things sorted out. Good luck -- I mean it."
Will Stantn

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point