I2DT: Making a space our own

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

I2DT: Making a space our own

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:18 pm

Sean was unloading boxes from a truck parked in front of the lighthouse. He was rather happy that the headmistress had given him a space and so he'd asked his parents to have his workshop packed up and moved to campus. Most of the supplies seemed fairly innocuous like a 3D printer and various tools. Some more esoteric items were among the stack of boxes including what looked like black smithing supplies.

((Open))
Sean Hall
Student

Re: I2DT: Making a space our own

Postby Nash Riley » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:42 am

"Need any help carrying stuff in?" Nash said as he walked up and surveyed the boxes.
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:47 pm

Sean hefted another box as Nash spoke.

"Certainly am not going to turn down an extra set of hands," Sean said, "I'm sean hall and I'd shake your hand but mine are quite full.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Nash Riley » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:25 am

"Nash Riley. I was there you when you were banishing those imps and other things, though I didn't introduce myself." He said as he was eyeing the boxes. "Anything you want to bring in first?"
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:03 am

"Ah, quite a few too many people there to remember all the names anyways," Sean said, "No particular order really. None of the stuff will explode and I doubt anybody wants to loot a box full of eye of newt."

The last part came with a smirk, but with magic who could tell if?
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Nash Riley » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:28 am

"That must have taken a lot of newts" Nash grinned. He picked up a random box but eyed the 'blacksmithing' supplies as he did so. He should be able to easily determine exactly what they were for.
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:46 am

What else were an anvil, hammers, and blacksmithing tools for but smithing things? There were many tools for carving symbols in metal and still others for working leather.

"Quite, but its just so much cheaper when you buy them in bulk from the wizard supply store," Sean said.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Nash Riley » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:00 am

"Yes, I assume so." Nash said. "I noticed your tools, you do a lot of crafting?"
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:05 am

"Some leather working, engraving, smithing," Sean said, "Most technology goes on the fritz when I try to enchant it, so I started learning how to do things the old fashioned way a few years ago."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Nash Riley » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:41 pm

"I've heard rumors about stuff like that. Doesn't make much sense to me."
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:55 pm

"Quite," Sean said, "Can't say I know everything about it. Can't even say that I know more than a drop in the bucket when it comes to magic."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Nash Riley » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:51 pm

"Well I know nothing about it, so you know more than me."
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:28 pm

"Indeed," Sean said, "Magic is just harnessing energy, but there are rules to how you go about it. The rules are the complicated bit, but it starts to make sense after you study it for a while just like quantum physics or postmodernist historical theory."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Nash Riley » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:05 am

"So can anyone learn to use it or only... specific people?"
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:15 am

"To my knowledge the... spark needs to be there or you'll be limited to the minorest of spells and cantrips," Sean said.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Nash Riley » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:23 am

"Figured as much, otherwise there would be far more people throwing fireballs at each other."
Nash Riley
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:30 am

"Or summoning extra-dimensional beings to our plane," Sean said, "Safer for the gift to be incredibly rare. Less potential for global catastrophe because some knob got piqued at another for some bloody thing or another."
Sean Hall
Student

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point