And If Your Head Explodes With Dark Forebodings Too...

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

And If Your Head Explodes With Dark Forebodings Too...

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:52 pm

Nailah, after having gotten cleaned up some and slipping into her white and gold crime-fighting outfit, makes her way down to the holding cells in the Point, hesitantly stalking her way down the hallway towards the power-dampened cell Hazard is in.
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Re: And If Your Head Explodes With Dark Forebodings Too...

Postby Hazard » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Hazard looked up from his place sitting on the bed of his cell. His eyes were significantly less manic than before, but they still had that twinkle of madness.

"Hello Patrice," he said in an impression of Hannibal Lecter, but apparently quoting some alternate iteration.
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:39 pm

"I see you met my friends." she says, taking up a wide stance in front of the cell, arms crossed in front of her. "About time somebody kicked your butt."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:06 pm

"Ingratitude is most unseemly, wouldn't you agree? I saved their lives. The least they could do in return is die."
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:16 pm

"Oh boohoo, is somebody upset that his taunt ended up biting him in the butt? Maybe next time you try to mock me about getting help you oughta make sure you don't get taken down like a chump you unpredictable nutjob."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:26 pm

"Oh well," he smiled smugly, "I'm still beating you by, like, a bazillion points."
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:09 pm

"Points you score in your imagination don't count."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:02 pm

"You still don't believe I know you, do you?" he asked as he approached the barrier.
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:08 pm

"I'll believe you know someone kinda like me, considering the place they dragged you back from."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:29 pm

"What? You think you're the only you? Don't be so... one-dimensional."
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:44 pm

"Pretty sure whoever over there looks like me is nothing like me at all. What's your point? That nobody's special? That you think you know me cause you've met someone who looks like me?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:04 pm

"You are not you. You are but one facet of the kaleidoscopic jewel that is your soul. You could be any one of them under different circumstances. And I've played with so many."
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:12 pm

"Uh-huh, great. So what you're saying is I'm doing myself a huge favor by making sure you'll stay locked up for a loooong time."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:58 pm

"That's what you said last time," he laughed, "Almost verbatim!"
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:18 pm

Nailah frowns at him, mostly to mask the fact that the idea is disturbing her, even if she's actively trying not to buy it.

"Sure thing. What's this all about anyway? What did some version of me do to warrant this demented crusade?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:52 pm

"Oh you aren't my mission, you just amuse me. She always beat me at checkers. Or something. Ha! I don't even remember at this point."
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:45 am

"I'm getting the feeling I should just let you rot down here instead of indulging you then."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:01 am

"I'll just escape. You should ask your questions while you can dear Lah Lah. Who knows? Maybe I'll even answer some. My friends wouldn't like it, but they can't see me right now."
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:03 am

"Fine, let's for a moment pretend you have anything worthwhile to say. Who are your friends?"
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:14 am

"The denizens of a world trapped between dimensions. They need me."
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:24 am

"And the way to do that is... setting random stores on fire."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:09 pm

"Oh that was just for me."
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:56 pm

"Great. For a moment I thought maybe you're just crazy and bumbling but ultimately trying to help people, but nevermind, I guess. Somehow I feel those 'friends' of yours deserve to be stuck wherever they are."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:53 pm

"Possibly!" he grinned, "Half the fun is finding out."
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:48 pm

"Then what's your problem with me? I mean aside from not letting you go through with all your nonsense."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:58 pm

"That's the trouble with precognitives. Always assuming things are more connected than they are."
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:58 am

"Pre-whatnow? Whatever, so you just don't like me. Great. Maybe I'll think about sending you a postcard to mutant-jail."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:16 pm

He laughed. "What makes you so sure I'm not exactly where they need me to be? That I wasn't supposed to fail opening that door? That your naive little friends didn't make a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad mistake bringing me back here?"
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:33 pm

"Sure, let me know when you managed to tear down the walls of space-time or whatever using your bed-sheets."
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:56 pm

"Meh. I've escaped worse than anywhere you losers would send me," he shrugged. "And then we'll have so. Much. Fun!" he giggled.

"So rest your eyes my little angel," he said, imitating Nailah's mother's voice to an eerily accurate degree. Though it was also wrong in myriad small ways that only served to be unnerving.

"While you can, anyway!" he laughed.
Hazard

Postby Nailah Weaver » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:22 pm

Nailah tries her hardest not to let Hazard's imitation get to her, but she fails pretty spectacularly at the idea of how hazard would know what her mom used to tell her when putting her to bed. She tries to tell herself that her imagination is worse than what actually might have happened in some other Universe, but there's another, more insistent voice that tells her that it's probably worse.

"S-stay away from my parents, you freakshow! I hope you rot down here forever!" she spits out before running away storming off.
Nailah Weaver
Student

Postby Hazard » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:13 pm

Later...

Hazard was a busy man. Busy, that is, performing the Thriller dance for a audience of whatever cameras happened to be watching his cell.

Suddenly stopping, he whirled on empty air "No Roger! No eating your understudy! Bad zombie!"

"Well okay, maybe one bite."

And the dance continued.
Hazard

Postby Narrator » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:36 pm

Something keeps throwing off his dance-moves. Maybe he's still a bit sluggish from getting sucker-punched or maybe the dampening field is killing his groove somehow, but his legs feel heavy. Until, at one moment he's sliding his foot across the floor something inside his boot seems to stab him into the foot rather painfully.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Hazard » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:47 pm

Hazard yowled and hopped, fumbling with his boot.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! First my groove and now a... ow!" he proclaimed before yanking off the boot.
Hazard

Postby Narrator » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:05 pm

As he pulls off his boot something inside it seems to shift and a moment later a silvery liquid runs out and hits the ground with a surprisingly metallic *clink* as it forms a quicksilver-like puddle on the floor, maybe the size of his fist in total volume. It seems while he was napping on the floor some of the nanites seeped into his boot after the good Doctor got knocked out and unlike everyone else he hadn't been in a position to try and avoid the resulting puddle of nanomachines.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Hazard » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:38 pm

"Now what do I do with you, silver goo?" he asked, leaning down to poke it.
Hazard

Postby Narrator » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:47 pm

His finger leaves an imprint behind while at the same time rising up in an imitation of Hazard's fingertip right next tot he indentation. At least for a moment before it suddenly collapses back into it's resting shape. It seems even without it's control-signal the nanites retain some amount of rudimentary programming. Pre-determined behavior so controlling it doesn't require ridiculous amounts of concentration, probably.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Hazard » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:23 pm

He scooped it up in his hands and whispered to it in some computer code he picked up in the facility's system, commanding it to go into harvest/reproduction mode. When that did absolutely nothing, he molded the high-tech nanomachines into a big, shiny knife. He then wrapped the handle with a cut piece of sheet, walked over to the forcefield, and stabbed the corner where he estimated it projected from the wall.
Hazard

Postby Narrator » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Working with the blob of nanites is weird and it takes a couple tries to get it to snap into the shape of a knife but when it does the edge of the blade almost looks like it's shimmering a little. Slicing through the sheets is effortless, the fabric providing no resistance at all. Trying to push the tip into the corner doesn't seemt o work quite as well, but slipping a little the blade eats into the metal as easily as it did into the sheets, even just by pressing the edge into the wall. it almost throws Hazard off-balance with how smoothly the knife sinks into the metal until it hits what must be a crucial component hidden in the wall and a narrow horizontal section of the forcefield suddenly sputters and turns off.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Hazard » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:53 pm

"That's not a knife, this is a knife!" he grinned as he slashed the wall, disabling more of the field before stepping through. He waved at the camera before tapping his foot impatiently. Then he laughed as translucent ribbons of ghostly blue energy began to whirl around him. They tore away and coalesced into a twisted phantasmal knight with no head, but a horrible jagged maw where its stomach should be.

"Hee hee hee! I think I'll call you Ichabod. No! Chestface? Spike! Onward Mister Pointy! Keep em busy while I skedaddle," he rambled happily.

The alarm went off as the construct clomped out into the halls of the point to begin its carnage.
Hazard

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point