Moth in a metal shop(open)

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Re: Moth in a metal shop(open)

Postby Eric Noir » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:46 am

"I guess the first thing on the agenda then is getting a mini computer." Said Eric, considering possibilities to improvise. Aside from building one, a feat well beyond him at the moment, perhaps his best was getting something else that could access the wifi. "Or, you said you know a good programmer, do you think they could make me an app for my phone to access the system? Maybe if I'm lucky I could get it reprogramed with a scaled down keyboard." He didn't know how good a programmer Tosh was, but with what he had just scene, it seemed like anything was possible.
Eric Noir

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:11 pm

"Well, let's see..." The blueprints on the workshop screen minimize themselves and are replaced with a window displaying the specs of the model of phone Eric uses. Where that info is coming from is a very good question, but Ashlie seems to have had no problem finding it. At least it seems this is her doing, even if she doesn't seem to be actually doing anything. She's barely even looking at the screen, her eyes focused more on Eric as she's talking to him. "There's a minimum for the accuracy on the touchscreen and you wouldn't want the margin of error to be fairly small or typing will be frustrating, yet close enough together you don't have to move too much."

As she 's talking code is beginning to scroll down on the screen as it's being written along with a window displaying the resulting miniature on-screen keyboard. "It might occasionally pick up the wrong key if you hit too far off-center, but it should work until you can get your appropriately sized peripheral finished." The window with the code closes and for just a moment the holographic screen displays nothing but endless lines of what kind of looks like assembly code although none of it seems to make sense or even resemble any commands. It speeds up and slows in an odd rhythm that's almost organic before the window closes as well.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Eric Noir » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:14 pm

"Wow, just like that huh?" said Eric, in surprise, "Looks like your not so bad a programmer yourself." He figured it must be her powers, since she was obviously doing all this without moving a muscle. So she must be able to control computers or something. A bit scary if you thought to much into it, but that was besides the point. "Give me a second," he said, flying under the workbench to his bag, which was ridiculously large compared to him, and pulled his phone and charging cord out of the pocket. He flew back to the workbench and located the USB port, and plugged it in. The icon indicating that a device had been plugged in appeared on the holographic display. At least this part Eric knew somewhat. He flew to the icon, touched it, and ran a few steps to upload the code into this phone. At least this futuristic tech was strait forward enough. In a few moments the phone had updated itself with the new coding. Eric touched the home button, and the password code screen came in. Unlike previous times when the numeric pad had been pretty much the entire screen, the key pad was miniaturized into a section of the phone, as if the screen was a table surface, allowing Eric to easily type it in without walking over the phone. "Now that's what I'm talking about," he said, pleased at the new layout as the applications came up in a similar fashion. "I definitely owe you one." he said to Ashlie, "I can already see this working as a work desk for my room." It was big enough, if he put together a mount he could set it up to swivel between wall mounted and desktop positions, which would be great for late night study.
Eric Noir

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:43 pm

"It's in my nature. When you grow up surrounded by these things it becomes a natural extension of yourself. In many ways talking to you is more involved and complex to me than writing code into a machine."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Eric Noir » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:26 pm

"I'm guessing your powers also have something to do with it," said Eric, hazarding the guess out loud. He looked for the access to the schools database, pulling up the blueprint files that he had just seen. They showed up as a 3D model as opposed to a hologram of course, but it was more then detailed enough and equally strait forward. This was going to be a huge help in learning this stuff. It was essentially the deep end of the technological pool, but he would probably learn a lot faster submerged in it then just reading about it.
Eric Noir

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:20 pm

"Something like that, yes." she smirks. "Well, you seem to be well set up for now. Let me know if there's anything else you need."
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Eric Noir » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:54 pm

"Will do!" said Eric enthusiastically. Ashlie had just scored as his favorite teacher thus far.
Eric Noir

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point