Not too great at the X-Men thing(open)

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Re: Not too great at the X-Men thing(open)

Postby Rory Archer » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:39 pm

"Oh," said Rory, having gotten it completely wrong. "So you can't program the room to be more more resistant?" He questioned, figuring that if it could mimic people it could give the earth more personality.
Rory Archer
Student

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:11 pm

"Perhaps someone could but not me.

Ah! Have you ever heard of a problem referred to as 'The Uncanny Valley'?"
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Rory Archer » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:22 pm

"Can't really say that I have," said Eric, tying to think of anything that used that term. He was more into music then anything else, so it was very likely she was talking about something outside his sphere of education. "What is it?"
Rory Archer
Student

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:08 am

"It is.... Ehhh..." Chisaki stopped working and tilted her head about back and forth in thought. "it is this psychological situation where human brains cannot accept simulations of humanity like computer animation and robotics because they look very realistic, but not realistic enough to fool the brain into thinking it is real. So it falls into this weird in between place.

I think it is like that. The room can try as hard as it likes, I know the difference."
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Rory Archer » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:08 pm

Rory tried thinking of a comparable experience. He supposed the closest would be a recording of music rather then a real concert hall, but he had the feeling that fell short of what she was getting at. "I guess you'd have to find someplace outside then." he said, guessing that was what she had to do when she wanted to get the full feel of it.
Rory Archer
Student

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:54 pm

"Yes." She answered pleasantly enough. "I enjoy nature, outside is prime."
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Rory Archer » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:08 pm

"But, earth control, that's pretty cool," he said, "ever try making statues with it?" He was more interested in the artistic side of it then the combat utilities. He imagined someone who could control the medium would be able to make much finer details then the best sculptor.
Rory Archer
Student

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:39 pm

"Yes, I have. When you have a power like mine, it is a detriment to not try all possible forms of expressing it.

I am not the best with golems however." She stated. Was it a joke?
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Rory Archer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:19 am

"Well, I was referring more to art, but I guess that's one way of interpreting it," said Rory
Rory Archer
Student

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:24 am

Chisaki managed to hide her amused grin well.

"Zombie like creatures created from clay to do your bidding do not interest you?"
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Postby Rory Archer » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:38 pm

"I think I tend towards less destructive uses or my powers," said Rory, "But having a group of tanks at my command be great for any heavy lifting, so I can see the attraction."
Rory Archer
Student

Postby Chisaki Watanabe » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:43 pm

"In destruction there is creation, and to create one must often destroy one thing for it to be turned into another." Chisaki mused. " Light destroys darkness in order to create the day. Sound destroys silence to create music. And life consumes all that is around it in order to create itself over again."

Deep shit from a candy coated ditz.
Chisaki Watanabe
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point