Take On Me

The site of the recently restored Braddock Lighthouse. Aircraft hangars and other X-Men facilities, including a Cerebra unit and the Danger Room have been constructed around the foundations of the lighthouse.

Re: Take On Me

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Tereza kisses her gently, sliding an arm around her from behind to pull her closer. It seems like a tender gesture until the arm tightens across Sam's throat, cutting off her air with near-werewolf strength. Tereza's voice whispers in her ear, "You know, I'm going to love telling 227B that I killed her girlfriend. Maybe I'll wait until I've stabbed her through the leg before I tell her."
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Panic spreads in Sam's eyes, this feeling all too familiar to getting choked in Russia.

Then, something snaps inside her, both figuratively and in the awful sound she makes a split second before her back erupts in a constellation of sharp bony spikes.
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Secret Asian Man » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:07 pm

'Tereza' can tell that something is coming but doesn't manage to quite twist out of the way, some of the spikes catching her and piercing her side.

"Ow! Damnit, why's it always me that gets stabbed by you stupid monkeys!" Tereza's voice warbles as she shifts into a semi-familiar face. Except it's green and scaley. His grip on Sam's neck doesn't budge though as the moisture in the air turns into ice as the temperature in the room suddenly plummets, freezing Sam's feet to the ground and encasing her legs.
Secret Asian Man

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:20 pm

Sam's mind at least is screaming, even if her mouth can't from the lack of air as she struggles.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Secret Asian Man » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:33 pm

The grip on Sam's throat eases up a tiny bit, letting her draw in tiny bit of precious oxygen that clears her head up just a bit when a sudden jerk tears through her and everything seems to slow down for a moment. Red blood splatters against the tiled wall where the running water slowly washes it away and as she still wonders how that got there pain suddenly blooms in her chest and she glances down at the spike of ice, coated in blood that gathers in odd streams along it's cracked surface. It'd almost be pretty, in a morbid kind of way, if what it was protruding out of wasn't her own chest. The grip of her neck eases up entirely and she collapses to the floor.

The Skrull towering over her is grinning as it's face slowly morphs into Sam's own. "Glory to Skrullos."
Secret Asian Man

Postby Narrator » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:34 pm

As she lies on the cold tiles, Sam's vision slowly fades among the hiss of running water, flowing, slowly, slowly circling into the drain and down into the darkness...

After what feels like moments, but could be an eternity, she can hear the fluttering of dozens, hundreds of wings around her. Slowly voices take form in the noise, whispering.
"The beginning is the end is the beginning is the end is the beginning..."
"Why couldn't you bear the weight of the mantle?"
"The bird with the broke wing fell before it learned to fly."
"Why? Why? Why? Why?"
"No soul can inherit the unclaimed throne..."
"What is the Bishop without his Queen?"
"All is washed away but the threads..."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:36 pm

"Wh... what is this?" Sam chokes out weakly.
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:44 pm

"It all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down..."
"Even She must return to nothing in the end..."
"Too soon..."
"Who will lead the shepherd home now? The False Idol broke her crown..."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:46 pm

"Shut up..." She croaks.

"Shut up... Shut up!"
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:51 pm

"Too late to fight now..."
"No one prays for the unclaimed souls."
"Even Avalon is too late..."
"You should have claimed your place. Now it all falls to ash."
"The end is the beginning is the end..."
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Samantha McManus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:52 pm

"I'm not... I'm. Not. Done!"

"You hear me?!"
Samantha McManus
Student

This Isn't *Anything* Like Those Locker Room Fantasies...

Postby Trev Anderson » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:10 am

Trev was in the shower himself (though in the men's room)when he heard the scream. Well. He didn't hear it, so much as he felt it with every fiber of his being. He also felt the large gash he'd just put into his cheek since he was mid-stroke with a razor as he felt it.

It felt like Sam. He didn't know why. But it did. The fact that he couldn't physically hear it just made him more convinced that it was Sam with some sort of mental cry for help.

It could be another trick--she seemed somewhat fond of those after their discussions about a band--but a sinking feeling in his stomach told him that something else was wrong. Trev quickly rinsed off, toweled dry, slapped a piece of tissue over his bleeding cheek and threw on his jeans.

He paused outside the door to the women's locker room for a moment before pushing the door open a bit. "Sam? I heard a scream...are you okay?"
Trev Anderson
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:20 am

Sam is lying on the ground, a gaping hole in her chest that is bleeding rather profusely, the blood mixing with the water from the running shower as it disappears into the drain. She looks very pale, even for an Irish gal.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Narrator » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:28 am

Sam can vaguely feel the presence of Trev, but something is wrong about it. It's like a tiny light dancing in the darkness and, a little further away she can see the a couple more. Familiar ones, even if it's hard to recognize them right now they feel like friends. Family. They're flickering in the void as if they're waiting to be lead somewhere when they suddenly begin to fade. Like candles burning down to their end they're snuffed out with no one to guide them home as the darkness spreads to envelop Trev and her as well.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Samantha McManus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:32 am

No... no, this is all wrong!

I can't... I can't reach them!
Samantha McManus
Student

Postby Trev Anderson » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:36 am

Trev's eyes widened in horror as he pushed the door open further and saw the scene in front of him. "No, no, Sam! Sam!!!!" he shouted in panic as he rushed in, skidding to a halt next to her naked form. He kneeled beside her and tried to feel for a pulse.

"Sam! Sam! Stay with me. I'm going....I'm going to get help!"

He was about to scream for assistance when alarms started blaring. He jumped upright to see what was going on, but in the process, managed to slip on the water and blood-drenched tile, fall backwards, and crack his head against the shower wall.

His vision faded to black as he slumped down the wall and rolled next to Sam's motionless form.
Trev Anderson
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to The Point