[Pax Mūtant] - In Media Res

It didn't happen... but it WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME

[Pax Mūtant] - In Media Res

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:06 pm

We now join the press conference already in progress.

"And we will continue to do everything in our power to help resettle refugees away from the intrusion zone. Thank you."

The reporters started raising their hands. "Yes," Baroness de Winter said, pointing to the young woman.

"How do you respond to rumors that the containment fields around York are failing?"

"We work closely with Lighthouse and we have every confidence in their abilities and their technology. They have access to some of the finest minds in the Kingdom and if they tell me the fields are intact, then I believe them. Yes, you in the back."

This reporter had a strange smirk on his face. "How does it feel to be a hypocrite?"

"Excuse me?" Security starts to move uncomfortably as one of the many cameras in the room pans to the insolent reporter.

"There are rumors that you were romantically entangled with one of Avalon's envoys. How does it feel to condemn one class of extradimensional beings while snogging another?" The reporter grinned and there was something not right about his teeth.

Cold fog began to roll off Tereza's hands as they gripped the podium and the camera was there to catch it all. "I refuse to answer such accusations in regards to my personal life." The man began to stride up the center aisle and security moved to intercept him. The first guard to reach him was backhanded across the room as the 'reporter' sprouted hard plates and spikes. The panic in the room was immediate as cameras suddenly swung for the door and people ran.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Tereza railed at the poor man in charge of her security. "I want the sensors double-checked. I want to know how that *thing* made it into my press conference." She raised a hand to stop the healer trying to work on the scratches on her face. "And you can tell my mother that I am through doing her song and dance. I'm not her press secretary."

"Yes, Baroness," the man said before scurrying away to take care of business. Tereza sagged into her chair and let the healer continue. She rubbed the bridge of her nose, sighing as the pain of the scratches eased.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Topic attributes:

Return to What If...