[WAMH] The Urban Jungle

It didn't happen... but it WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME

[WAMH] The Urban Jungle

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:15 am

As Vivienne's vision cleared, she was in an urban sprawl like she'd never seen before. There was no green anywhere, just lots and lots of steel and glass. The scents of car exhaust assault her nose as does the scents of tons of people in one place.
Narrator
Site Admin

Re: [WAMH] The Urban Jungle

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:27 am

"No no no!" She screamed. She turned quickly looking for street signs, shop signs anything to tell her where she was.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:30 am

She seems to be on the corner of 'A Street' and '1st Street'. Behind her is a pawn shop with bars on its windows and flashing neon signs. A cars hovers past with blasts of noxious air and a burst of heat.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:37 am

"English. Good. Vehicle not on the ground, bad. I don't have time for this." She growled and turned to head for the pawn shop.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:42 am

A chime over the door sounded as Vivienne opened the door. The inside was a mish-mash of items the way of most pawn shops. There was no apparent organization. A man sat at the counter at the far end of the shop with a pair of glasses on. There were images in the glasses and his eyes were focused on them and not the shop.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:46 am

She walked up the the counter. "Excuse me. Could you tell me if this address is near here?" She pulled Tereza's address from her coat pocket.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:48 am

The man lifted the glasses and looked at the address. "Don't know those streets." His accent didn't fit any particular country. He pulled his glasses back down.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:57 am

"One more thing. Have you ever seen this man? He was last seen with my sister." She put the slip of paper away and pulled out the photo.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:03 am

He pushed his glasses back up and looked at her with evident irritation. "Lady, do I look like an information service? If you're not here to buy something or sell something, then get out of my shop." He left his glasses pushed up, glaring at her and ignoring the photo.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:11 am

"Please, she's only five. I lost him just as I arrived here." She held up the photo.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:17 am

"You're breakin' my heart, lady," he says. Behind him on a shelf, she could see a pile of various tablet devices. Their screens randomly blinked a light grey color, but there didn't seem to be any particular pattern.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:16 pm

"I wasn't speaking to you." She made a move to round the counter. Now, she was ignoring him.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:31 pm

The man stood, moving to try to block her way. "Employees only," he said.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:54 pm

"I will not stop until I find my sister and I will rip out the throats of anyone or anything that stands in my way, mystical or not. This is your final warning." She looked at him calmly.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:59 pm

The man moved lightning quick, yanking a gun-like object from under the counter, firing as he drew so the first shot caused a lance of pain along her arm as it grazed her.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:53 pm

She moves just as quickly, closing the difference between them as she makes a grab for his wrist, attempting to wrench the gun from him.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:01 pm

He's strong, stronger than he should be by his appearance. Still, her move wrenches his aim away and causes his second shot to go wide. He tries to land a blow on her face with his left fist.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:24 pm

She slams her free fist upward, just below his elbow as she yanks his wrist downward. As his fist comes at her she opens her jaws, which are reshaping along with the rest of her. A shape to aid her best.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:30 pm

The man's fist misses her and her jaws lock around his wrist. The other hand drops the gun as the shock of her punch ripples through his nerves. Kill him. He's just a human. What's one less of those stupid monkeys? As the voice sounds in her head, the tablets begin flashing in a more regular pattern.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:09 pm

She bites hard, but carefully, stopping the moment she hears the first "snap" of bone. Once she does, she releases him with a hard shove away from herself. "Not our way. Not my way. I am Wulver." She growls once her mouth is empty and turns back to the glowing devices.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:52 pm

The man stumbled back with a pile of junk collapsing on top of him. From under the pile there was a groan. There seemed to be nine devices and watching them for a moment showed that they were blinking in groups of three, so three of them were lit at any given moment.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:10 pm

She spared little time and made a grab for three that were lit.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:20 pm

When they were lit, the screens became almost gummy in consistency. Not enough to actually get her hand into, but noticeably softer. As she juggled them, they fell into alignment and fused together into a single panel that blinked as one piece.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:45 pm

She set the panel against the side of a bookshelf and pressed a hand to the "screen".
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:55 pm

As she did, she started to sink into the screen. She felt something tugging against her arm, trying to pull her deeper into the screen.. The pile the man was under shifted as he struggled to get up. You have to put him down. You can't leave an enemy behind.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:27 am

"Obstacle, the enemy is you. You, I will put down." She pushed forward, letting the "pull" take her.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:52 am

As she gave herself over to the pull, it took hold of her and pulled her through the screen.
Narrator
Site Admin

Topic attributes:

Return to What If...