Confectionery Cataclysm

A beautiful beach-side town in a vaguely Californian climate full of colorful characters and whacky hijinks! Though at night not everything is as it seems...

Confectionery Cataclysm

Postby Narrator » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:03 pm

The next day at work...

Will, an assistant being occasionally to expected to open up for the day, arrives early only to find his key unnecessary. That is to say, there is no door. Or unbroken windows for that matter. Of the inside, all he can really make out from outside is a colorful kaleidoscope of delicious destruction. And is that a broken jar of black licorice clear across the street? It is!

Right as rain indeed.
Narrator
Site Admin

Confectionery Cataclysm

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:05 pm

"Oh, no. No no no no no..." Will moaned, rushing closer to the front of the store.

"No no no, this can't be happening," he moaned, looking around.

Out of habit, he stepped through the doorframe and closed what was left of the destroyed door, causing more glass to fall to the floor.

"Minamida will have my hide for breakfast if I don't get this cleaned up by the time she gets here," he began to fret, rushing around first one way, then another, picking up some eclairs here and some scones there, before finally stepping hard on some maltesers and tumbling to the ground again, baked goods flying every which way.
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Re: My Three Sams

Postby Narrator » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:32 pm

Cleaning up is going to have to be a relative this. The store is wrecked. Picture a bull in a china shop, in a tornado. Pastries are crushed and half-eaten or simply gone, candy is everywhere, displays are broken and one of a giant gingerbread man has a big jagged shark bite taken out of it. There's even a tooth embedded in the imitation gingerbread.
Narrator
Site Admin

Re: My Three Sams

Postby Will Stanton » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:36 pm

Will frantically looked at the clock. There was no way he'd be able to clean up in time -- not before Mindamida arrived!

The police. He'd have to call the police -- this was a break-in, they had to send everyone!

He went over to the phone and picked it up. "Operator! Operator! I need to contact the police!"
Will Stanton
Student

Re: Confectionery Cataclysm

Postby Narrator » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:24 am

The phone line clicks a couple times as if his call was being routed a couple times before the operator even picks up. When they do it's the voice of a young girl and it seems to be some kind of taped message.

"I'm afraid we can't take your call right now. Please stand-by until service resumes. Phone sub-routines have been temporarily disabled."
Narrator
Site Admin

Re: Confectionery Cataclysm

Postby Will Stanton » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:29 am

"What?" Will blinked.

He replaced the cradle on the phone -- which comically fell off the wall, to match the destruction throughout.

"Something's not right here. This shouldn't..." he said...

...And quickly headed out the building, slamming the (remains) of the front door and (meaninglessly) locking it as he quickly started jogging up the road, shifting into the familiar VW beetle halfway through.
Will Stanton
Student

Topic attributes:

Return to Hollydale