Little Shop of Wonders

A beautiful beach-side town in a vaguely Californian climate full of colorful characters and whacky hijinks! Though at night not everything is as it seems...

Re: Little Shop of Wonders

Postby Conduit » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:40 pm

"Somebody's cheating!" a young girl's voice suddenly echoes out from everywhere at once, the zombies starting to move a little faster and less shambly.
Conduit

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:19 pm

"Anybody else hear that? Not one of the usual voices in my head," Sean groused as he made a lance out of lightning and threw it at the dragon.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Samantha McManus » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:36 pm

Sean gets the impression of a bird perching just on his shoulder.

"She can't control it all. Not like this."

Shari soon gets the feeling of a bird standing on her prone chest.

"Her attention is divided. It's weakening her."

Chase hears a cawing just out of his sight.

"There's only one mind behind them. She can't anticipate everything."

Viv's vision blurs for a moment and she sees a row of crows on a telephone wire.

"She has too many puppets and not enough fingers. You can beat her. Keep fighting!"
Samantha McManus
Student

High Concept: Waking Goddess
Aspect: Enraptured by Violence
Aspect: Made of Nightmares
Aspect: Not Crazy
Aspect: Driven by Wolves

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:59 pm

Vivienne ran to the goblin, kneeling at it's side. "Darkdweller, are you injured? Can you stand? We need you to fight with us."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Shari » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:10 pm

The goblin blinks, first at the crow on it's chest, then at the Not-Elf showing concern for her.

"What is... happening?" she mumbles as she shakily climbs to her feet. "I don't want to help my people... My people suck." she seems to realize something, nodding at Vivienne. "Yes. Fight with you."
Shari

High Concept: Shapeshifting Stranger
Aspect: Shaping Yourself
Aspect: Philosophy of Form

Postby Chase Delacroix » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:12 pm

Chase scanned the horizon for signs of the one mind's presence. The dragon was the lesser threat and if he could break out of his defined role perhaps he could change the game.
Chase Delacroix
Student

High Concept: Green Arrow Wannabe
Aspect: Kung-Fu Fighter
Aspect: Ex-Assassin
Aspect: Recovering Amnesiac
Aspect: Guilty Conscience

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:30 pm

V/Vivienne gives the green skinned ally a shoulder squeeze before she turns and runs down the street for HR/Gemma. The more fighters the better.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:39 pm

Gemma was backed into a doorway, holding off some zombies who were trying to crowd her in. She catches sight of Vivienne and calls out, "Lady? What are we doing here?"
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:30 pm

With the zombies focused forward on Gemma, Vivienne moved through them with Cal from behind.

"I don't know. Something is very wrong, I am not...my head is...I can not focus." She growled as 'confused' zombie heads went off in opposite directions from their bodies.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:30 am

Gemma moves, sliding into a position back-to-back with Vivienne, kicking the zombie out of the way that was about to make a grab for Vivienne. "Then perhaps you should be human, Lady. Your fey half's too used to being bound." She smashes a zombie's face with her shield and lops the arm off another with her sword with a hissing, sizzling sound.
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:05 am

Vivienne looked confused for a brief moment, yet some how being in such close proximity to Gemma made everything make sense or at least everything the other blonde had just said made sense which was really weird because she just said V was fey.

She was though, always had been at least in part. Her body responded, her flesh taking on it's human hue, her mind fighting the "V' programming.

"The Danger Room? We're under the lighthouse. Oh, I really do NOT like people in my mind without my permission." Her accent was back, no more Cali Valley.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Narrator » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:11 pm

Sean Hall wrote:"Anybody else hear that? Not one of the usual voices in my head," Sean groused as he made a lance out of lightning and threw it at the dragon.

The lightning shatters across the dragon, causing the beast to roar in pain as it rears up. It pitches its head down and a gout of flame reaches out for Sean.
Narrator
Site Admin

Postby Shari » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:01 pm

"Danger, yes." the Goblin agrees with some of the sentiment but seeming to miss the bigger picture. She jumps onto an advancing zombies chest and slashes it's throat with her dagger before leaping to the next one to repeat the maneuver.
Shari

High Concept: Shapeshifting Stranger
Aspect: Shaping Yourself
Aspect: Philosophy of Form

Postby Narrator » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:07 pm

The small group keeps fighting off the zombies, but there seems almost no end to them. For every zombie they cut down there's two more advancing on them. But they are buying Sean and Chase some room. The two hold the dragon at bay until finally Sean manages to blast away enough scales for Chase to sink an explosive arrow deep into it. The detonation sends it reeling backwards and with a roar the dragon collapses. And with it everything else as well. The world contracts again with a sudden jerk and most the dragon along with most buildings shrink down into nothing.
Narrator
Site Admin

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to Hollydale