Miranda Haven

Miranda Haven

Postby Miranda Haven » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:38 am

Name: Miranda Haven
Codename: Image
Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Hometown: Birmingham

Power: Miranda manifests the typical telepath/telekinetic combination in an atypical manner. Her abilities are more directed and combined as she creates tangible projections or mirages, reinforcing them with her telekinesis to give them physical presence. Her telepathy assists further in the illusion, enabling her to fool someone’s senses into thinking that it’s cloth, skin, etc. they’re touching instead of smooth telekinetic force or actual words they’re hearing from the construct’s mouth. She also exhibits simple mind-reading and fine telekinetic manipulation, but she lacks the brute telekinetic strength of other telekinetics and these abilities only work on people or objects in contact with the image.

Miranda possesses a pair of feathery wings that sprout from her shoulder blades. These are likely inherited from her mother. It’s possible that they might support flight, but she hasn’t been in the position to test them.

-Summary of X-Corp Ability Analysis Report

Personality: Miranda’s a bit of a trouble-maker. Her abilities and her upbringing created someone who’s not afraid to mix it up or engage in some petty crime when the mood strikes.

Description: Miranda has a thicker build most likely from her less than ideal diet. Her hair is brown and usually worn up. Here eyes are a deep brown. She seems to wear a thrift store mish-mash which occasional screams “mom” more than she’d like.

Background: Miranda grew up in Birmingham as the child of a single mutant mother. Her mother worked as a stripper and sometime prostitute using the performance name “Heaven”. Miranda isn’t 100% sure who her father is, though her mother told her it was an American serviceman who was in Birmingham on leave. She grew up behind the stage at the club her mom worked at and was mildly spoiled by the women who worked there. As she grew up, she got exposed to more and more of the seedier side of things. This led her to a distinct lack of respect for law enforcement who were as often corrupt as not.

She would have done better in school if she had applied herself, but she managed to just do enough to get by and ignored the teachers’ attempts to get her to do better. After finishing her A-levels, she initially skipped additional schooling and used her abilities to expose a member of the Birmingham constabulary that was abusing some of the women at the club where her mom worked. The media pounced on the story and the man was fired. X-Corp scooped her up soon thereafter, pushing her to join the university for a combination of her own development and her own protection since the ex-police sergeant had friends sniffing around for the “mutant troublemaker” that got their friend fired.
Last edited by Tereza Rozanov on Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miranda Haven

Re: Miranda Haven

Postby Nailah Weaver » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:50 am

Heck yeah, flying buddy!
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:56 am

In order to get Miss Weaver off my case: Approval 1/2

It's kind of a grab-bag of powers with illusions, wings and teep/teek package, but since the later seems to be mostly the facilitating "mechanism" to an interesting power that's fine with me. I'd make the suggestion of the telekinesis being facilitated by an image doing the moving or touching peoples heads to read their minds to keep the focus on that specialization instead of being "teep/teek who is also skilled enough to make solid illusions"
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Miranda Haven » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:59 am

So you're suggesting that her powers work entirely through the image(s)? I'm cool with that, I just want to make sure that's what you're saying.
Miranda Haven

Postby Ashlie Minamida » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:21 am

That's what I meant, yeah.
Ashlie Minamida
Faculty

Postby Miranda Haven » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:34 pm

Okay. I added that wording to the power description.
Miranda Haven

Postby Hank McCoy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:45 pm

Well then, in light of that I'll give Approval 2/2.
Hank McCoy
Faculty

Postby Kayla Turnbull » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:44 am

Very cool. By the description, shes got problems with fooling security cameras?
Kayla Turnbull
Student

Postby Miranda Haven » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:35 am

Yeah. It hasn't explicitly come up yet, but she can't fool herself either. The constructs don't feel quite the same to her.
Miranda Haven

Topic attributes:

Return to Inactive Characters