Character Activity Changes/Information

A place for talking about the game or other topics, out of character.

Character Activity Changes/Information

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:04 pm

We've had some major discussions lately so I'm creating this thread so that we can give a current status on characters/etc and their status plus any desires or aspirations they may have for those characters.

So I'll start:

Active:
  • Tereza - I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with Tereza, but she's so involved with other characters that I sort of need to leave her fully active while I'm figuring that out.
  • Laura - Laura is kind of a low stakes character and honestly I don't feel like I've given her a fair shake yet, so that's why she's staying active.

NPC Status (not actively posting, but available if needed):
  • Wanda - I've struggled with Wanda for a while and she needs to be quiet for a while so I can figure out what I want to do with her. I like her relationship with Isolde as weird as it is, so I'm not ready to shelve her entirely.
  • Gemma - Gemma was supposed to be an NPC to begin with and she just took on a life of her own. She's still around and there are some unresolved plot points with her that I'd like to get back to, but now's not a good time to do that.
  • Melissa - Melissa was always an NPC and is available should someone need a telepath to get involved in things from an authority standpoint.

Shelved (but might return):
  • Natalie - For various reasons, I feel like trying to keep Natalie active would involve rehashing a lot of territory with her that I've already played through and that's not interesting. She might come back if I can figure out how to avoid rehashes, but right now I need to shelve her.

Obviously I have some other NPC accounts that are going to remain available, but they've not been in active circulation for a while.

For me personally, I'm hoping to focus more on trying to figure out what sort of stories people want and trying to run those. I realize that I have a very specific style and I need to figure out how to use it in a way that it tells stories that people are interested in chasing. Part of that is enforcing consequences on characters as a part of the plot. To that end, I do have one-ish request. If you feel like I'm letting your character off softly at a time when I shouldn't, call me on it. If you have any idea for consequences that you would enjoy dealing with in a situation, feel free to let me know that too. Sometimes I'm oblivious to that sort of thing. :)
Tereza Rozanov
Student

High Concept: Winter Wolf
Aspect: Chip Off The Old Ice Block
Aspect: Escaped Asset
Aspect: Servant Alpha
Aspect: Partner To The Fey

Re: Character Activity Changes/Information

Postby Nailah Weaver » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:40 pm

For the time being, to avoid spreading myself too thin, Nailah is going to be my only "active" character. Ashlie is still going to get posted, obviously, but she'll probably be a little less involved cause having an authority figure as a "player" character means a lot of defaulting to steering things and narrating and I need a bit of a break from that responsibility.

That has also led to Nailah being kind of isolated, cause she didn't participate in any big things and just kind of did her own stuff separately. So the main focus is to get her a bit more connected again just socially and to find a good balance regarding her amnesia, which is the biggest elephant in the room she's ignoring right now for the sake of feeling fine (in the short term), which is kind of her theme I guess. Same way she has no problem getting herself hurt cause it's under the banner of wanting to be a super-hero. So those are something she's gonna have to confront eventually, once the consequences of that come crashing down on her some or people confront her with them when she tries to ignore them or conveniently forget them due to amnesia-issues.

TL;DR: Nailah is reckless and needs some people who care enough about her to get worried. xD
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:10 am

Basil's going to lose a lot in the 10th season of XU. (or 11th, I guess, depending on time frame. Point is, it'sa comin').

Vic and I are working on something for Em and Vic in the "What If" A/U a verse that basically anyone can be a part of if they like. Something we hope people will enjoy and will be low consequences since it's A/U so if I murder your toon no harm no foul, right?

Also they got their bike shit so it's whatevs.

Chisaki and Ainsley will need more buddies for various reasons. Chisaki's more plot related than Lee's.

I'm not intending to shelve anyone at the moment, but there won't be any more newbs for awhile. Fours my limit basically. And Ainsley is likely to ride in the back on this whacked out VW Bus unless he's pulled into the front seat for some reason.
Basil Benson
Student

High Concept: Unwitting Heir to a Secret Legacy
Aspect: More Money Than Sense
Aspect: Ward of Unwanted Protectors
Aspect: Inconsistently Invisible
Aspect: Weirdness Magnet
Aspect: Covert Pervert

Postby Will Stanton » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:51 pm

Unlike other people, I'm looking to expand stuff because I want to post more. That was one of the ideas of having multiple Wills out and about, though it wasn't ideal ;)

Nailah having A Posse sounds like it could be an idea, of some sort?
Will Stanton
Student

High Concept: Pillsbury Clayboy
Aspect: Needs to be Useful/Used
Aspect: Out of Place, Out of Time
Aspect: Unique Worldview
Aspect: Big Ball of Trauma
Aspect: Open-Hearted

Postby Nailah Weaver » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:56 pm

Sure! Hell, she could have an utility-belt stuffed with Will. She just needs someone or something to throw sharks at her, so she has a reason to need shark-repellent. xD
Nailah Weaver
Student

High Concept: Fledgling Hero
Aspect: Naive Sphinxling
Aspect: Shattered Precognition

Postby Haley Crusek » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:18 pm

I think all of my folks are generally active. Of all of them, Haley will probably get the most attention just since she has some things to work through—doubting herself, still wanting to punch bad guys.

Steph too I have some power development stuff I can do, and a rough idea of where to go.

Trev is....I dunno what to do with him. He’s fun to bring out and give him time to do bumbling Trev stuff intermixed with a growing amount of competence but.

I dunno. I’m bad at long term plans for my folks .
Haley Crusek
Student

High Concept: Pint-sized Powerhouse
Aspect: Wannabe hero
Aspect: Shitty psychic
Aspect: Hothead
Aspect: Walmart-brand Tinkerbell

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:37 pm

I want to add that I'm not cutting back because I mean to post less. I want to post more. But if I'm going to be doing more storytelling, then I have to cut back somewhere so there's energy and attention for the stories, especially since my storytelling style is going to require some adapting.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:25 pm

Active:

-Sean: Lots of plans and ideas for things. If people want in I'm down for more people either interacting with Sean or getting involved with the magic plot involving Sean's origins.

-Aiden: I don't have many concrete firm plans for long-term development of Aiden, but I do like playing as him if people are interested in interacting with Aiden either for having an enemy or friend for their character. I do have stuff on the books with Will's characters, which I need to get on at some point when I'm not jet lagged into falling asleep at 6:00pm.

Somewhat Active:

-Charles: I struggle with Charles a bit because he's pretty... normal in a lot of ways. I'm working on trying to take him in a different direction with his primal shifting to have a more alien intelligence aspect for it.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:54 pm

Quick Update:

Active:
  • Tereza

NPC Status (not actively posting, but available if needed):
  • Wanda
  • Gemma
  • Melissa

Shelved (but might return):
  • Natalie - Natalie's being shuffled off to Muir and won't be around for a while. Most of the characters she was close to have been put on the back burner as well, so she's lost most of her easy interactions and I just don't have the time or energy to keep trying to push her forward right now.
  • Laura - Laura's just proving not to be an interesting character to play or interact with, so I'm shelving her until I can figure out why that is and figure out how to fix it.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Tereza Rozanov » Fri May 17, 2019 11:53 pm

A quick announcement:

After giving it a lot of thought, I'll be hanging around to run the 'wild dogs' plot and then I'll be taking a break from the forums for a while. I'm suffering from what feels like some general burnout from trying to play my characters and I need a break. I don't know how long "a while" will be and it will probably depend on how I'm feeling once the 'wild dogs' plot is done. Until then, my characters are available if anyone needs them for something, but I'm not going to be trying to start threads with them. If you have questions or need input on something, you can get a hold of me in Discord.
Tereza Rozanov
Student

Postby Haley Crusek » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:33 am

Folks, I’m going to try to dip my toes back in the RP waters a bit now that I’m in a somewhat better headspace. I’m not promising much because work and the two kids are kind of robbing me of much free time.

If you need a tiny Texan, English major werewolf, or awkward loudmouth geek, let me know.
Haley Crusek
Student

High Concept: Pint-sized Powerhouse
Aspect: Wannabe hero
Aspect: Shitty psychic
Aspect: Hothead
Aspect: Walmart-brand Tinkerbell

Topic attributes:

Return to Out of Character