I2DT: It Comes In Pints?

Located directly adjacent to the Rec Center is the Student Union building, housing a well-stocked bar and arcade, billiards and an open area with couches and coffee tables.

I2DT: It Comes In Pints?

Postby Basil Benson » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:29 am

Wednesday evening found Basil alone in the student union bar, sitting at a table as if someone was going to join him. Except that no one was intending to join him, he just liked to seem important and also make sure there were places for people to sit because they might.

Dressed in his finest casual dress clothes, he had added an additional accessory to his wardrobe.

Vanity glasses.

He had ran his credit card to queue up some music on the jukebox and drank his beer quietly.

((Open))
Basil Benson
Student

High Concept: Unwitting Heir to a Secret Legacy
Aspect: More Money Than Sense
Aspect: Ward of Unwanted Protectors
Aspect: Inconsistently Invisible
Aspect: Weirdness Magnet
Aspect: Covert Pervert

Re: I2DT: It Comes In Pints?

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:45 am

A young woman sat down at the table, dressed in a white long-sleeved blouse and a black pinstriped under bust pencil skirt. She gave the invisible man a pink-toothed smile.

"Bonsoir monsieur, comment allez-vous?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

High Concept: Dreamer Despite the Odds
Aspect: Density Is Not a Formality
Aspect: Everything is Sexier In France
Aspect: Beware the Cute Ones
Aspect: Hair of Goo, Heart of Gold

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:27 am

Basil looked at the 'pretty girl' who sat across from him for a moment, trying to recall his conversational French classes from his private lessons.

"Je vais bien, Madame." He shirked the Mademoiselle, remembering he'd heard online that the pro-feminine government of France had officially asked it to be removed from rotation a few years back. He'd rather be on the safe side and insult someone as taken (or as a brothel owner perhaps) than use a word that was roughly equivalent to 'Miss', which was also considered uncouth in his home language.

Thankfully she couldn't see his expression because he furrowed his brow a bit at her teeth.

"Your skirt is quite smart." He commented, knowing girls liked to be told they were well dressed.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:34 am

"Ah! Your French is very good! I must say, I am very impressed." She smiled a little wider at the response she got, shifting slightly in her seat as she crossed her legs and smoothed out her skirt. "Zank you very much, zat is very kind of you to say. And you are dressed quite - how you say, dapper, as well?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:42 am

"Thank you. One tries their best." He replied, his voice seemingly amiable enough. It was odd to him now. This was usually what he was waiting for, but generally speaking a person asked to sit down. This one just made herself comfortable like their were old friends.

French.

Nevertheless, he sat upright, pressing his blazer out with his hands before offering his right in greeting.

"My name is Basil Oliver Benson. And you are...?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:54 am

Colette gently pressed a bright pink hand to where she thought his would be based on the cuff of his blazer and shirt. She might not have been invisible herself, but he'd be able to see the table through her digits. That said her touch wasn't slimy. Soft perhaps, but there was no feeling of residue or clamminess. Just... an unnatural softness, not having the same resistance that flesh might.

"Colette Astrid Madeleine Rosenhof." What a mouthful. "It is a pleasure. Please excuse my forwardness. I saw you sitting all alone and I zought dzat dzis simply would not do. Dzat is, if you are not waiting for someone."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:17 am

She pretty much found the mark, though Basil adjusted for error as he was used to doing. For a brief moment he had cursed at himself mentally for having forgotten his gloves as he did expect the jello woman to be, well, sticky, and wiping your hands off was not exactly polite.

But he was pleasantly surprised when she didn't. Once again, it was a good deal convenient for the both of them that he couldn't be seen, because some of the faces he was making right now would have been extremely off-putting to the girl. He turned her hand over in his now that he knew his face wasn't going to be covered in slime, and kissed the back of it, hopefully before she could figure out he was looking through her translucency.

She's like me... but not really....

"Oh! No, I'm not waiting for anyone else. Not anyone specific anyways. I don't really know too many of the other students here yet."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:27 am

"Such a gentleman." She sighed softly, her cheeks rosy... well, a different shade of pink anyway. "To be honest, neidzer do I. Which is an ulterior motive for simply sitting with strangers uninvited."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:34 am

"Sooo, you're new too then?" He asked.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:39 am

"Yes. getting my passport in order took longer dzan expected. But once one is enrolled one has access to online lessons, so luckily I did not miss much."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:47 am

"That's good at least, though I am sure you could have made it up, that's always a pain.

It seems like a fair number of the students already know each other from the Institute, which is good for them I suppose." What he meant by that he didn't elaborate.

"I'm being rude... Would you like a drink?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:04 am

"I suppose zat does give zem a head start... but make friends with one of zem and suddenly you have a whole circle of friends, no?"

She shifted slightly in her seat, idly playing with one of her pigtails. "Yes, I would love one s’il te plaît. A Green Dragon would be lovely, but if zet do not have any Midori zen a Fish Bowl would be nice as well."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:22 am

Basil finally made a body language gesture that the other could pick up on. His head tilted slightly to the side in thought, which was evident in the fact his glasses went askew. Was this girl trying to get completely trashed? She didn't seem like the party girl type, but then again she was rather bold in sitting here in the first place soooo perhaps he was wrong in that respect? I guess I could assist if she can't finish it. Or hell, it's not like I am lacking in funds If it doesn't get finished.

"Alright, back in a flash."

Basil would disappear for a short period of time, but he would indeed return with one of the two things she requested, setting it down in front of her gently and silently, using a trick he knew regarding finger placement and teacups. It basically worked on everything else as well.

"A green dragon. Sorry it took so long, I had to convince the bartender I wasn't asking him if he sold weed." He chuckled.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:34 am

Colette's eyes lit up at the sight of the vibrant green, fizzy champagne cocktail with the red cherry sitting at the bottom of the champagne flute.

"Ah, merci! You are too kind." She waited for Basil to sit before raising her glass, "Tchin - or as you English say, Cheers."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:42 am

"Cheers!" Basil stated in reply. holding his own glass up before taking a swig.

"So then, the two main questions they ask around here seem to be 'what do you do' and 'what are you studying'. I think between the two of us it's relatively obvious what we 'do', as it were, so I suppose the polite thing to ask is if you have a major yet?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:02 am

Colette took a long sip from her drink, the bright green liquid visibly traveling down her throat to disappear beneath her shirt collar.

"Oui, my ability to shoot lasers from my eyes is quite obvious." She gave a little titter of a laugh before she continued. "Well, I am taking two diplomas. One in business management, and ze ozer in culinary arts; confectionery to be precise.

"And yourself?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:05 am

"I'll make sure to do everything in my power to prevent death glares." He replied with his dry, British sarcasm.

"Boring things. Library sciences. Probably less interesting than opening a bakery." Basil was guessing based off the chosen subjects.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:13 am

"I would not say zat. Zere is something of a classical romance about working in a library, non?"

She swirled the almost glowing green liquid in her glass, letting it bubble and fizz. "Not to say zat own a little confectioners shop has not been romanticized in zeatre and film. I simply adore sweets.

"And, well, who better to sell sweets to children zan a giant sweet herself, non? I would certainly look more at home in an apron with icing sugar on my cheeks zan in an office pushing ze little post trolley."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:19 am

"You really think so? I like books, but I don't see too much romantic about working in the library.

Unless you count the occasional hormone addled teens I catch making out in there." He laughed.

"You do strike a good point." Not sure about how children would respond to that nerve cluster. In truth, seeing it made him a little uneasy. Not because he found it particularly gross per say, but seeing someone's insides wasn't normal, and it was the only thing inside of her see-through body, so it was hard *not* to notice it.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:57 pm

"Oh no no no Baseel," Colette's accent stressed his name in an unusual fashion. "Not romantic in a... like ze cover of a trashy novel. Romantic in ze way zat we show in cinema, in paintings, in art. How we bring out ze best qualities, ze idealized vision of ze subject matter. Knowledge is one of ze great virtues of humanity, and books are ze physical embodiment of knowledge, so of course such a position is romanticized a touch, non?

"Zat being said, zis is university, so zere will be no end of zat other type of romance wizin ze stacks."

She took another sip of her drink, the shade of her pinkness taking on a slight shade of that vibrant green as a result. "Zank you m-sir." She caught herself. "I hope zat I become as good a confectioner as you become a librarian. Zat is ze proper title, yes?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:12 pm

Not one to argue, Basil let her be right about the romanticism of working in the library.

He noticed the biological change from consumption, and nearly didn't answer her question as a result.

"Eh? Oh! Yes, Librarian is the correct word. Bibliothécaire."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:35 pm

"Your pronunciation is very good. Have you studied French for long?"
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:52 pm

Basil laughed.

"I think you are being very polite.

No, I took it in primary school. It's actually compulsory in the United Kingdom now to take a foreign language in primary, but I went to a rather hoighty-toighty establishment that had a foreign language as part of it's normal curriculum even back when I was in primary. Our options were French, Spanish, and German. I felt like French would get me the most female attention." He admitted.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:05 pm

Colette covered her mouth and tried to suppress a giggle, with little success. "At least you are honest about it. Zough I believe zat is as good a reason to learn a language as any. For a child you were very forward-dzinking."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:19 pm

"If by forward thinking you mean developed entirely too quickly then yes." He laughed. "There was never any question about my sexuality in my family, if only because as long as they could remember I was doing something stupid to get a girl's attention. I learned early on that they didn't seem to like it when other boys pulled their hair or showed them disgusting things they found in the garden, so I had to find alternate means of showing my intentions.

Such as doing tricks on my bike in front of her house until she came out to play. That always worked very well."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:40 pm

"Well, I would not call zat developing too quickly. Perhaps... being more empadzetic zan most your age? More mature?" She thought for a moment.

"You must have practiced very much. You did not even need to bring your bicycle zis time."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:53 pm

Basil's glass turned a bit on the table in consideration of her comment. He had to think of a phrasing that didn't hurt the girl's feelings.

"Well, being a disembodied suit gets me all kinds of attention, one doesn't have to try as hard anymore." He quipped again.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:03 pm

"A very sharp suit. Much more portable than a bicycle."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:07 pm

"indeed. Also, adult women don't seem as impressed by my riding past them and ringing my bike bell. They take it as a very un-evolved version of cat calling."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:19 pm

Colette mulled that over for a moment.

"Add streamers to ze handlebars. Rainbow ones. Women love colours."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:26 pm

"I think that might send a different impression entirely, but I'll keep it in mind as a possibility." He laughed.

"Is that the logic behind the drinks then? The colours?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:45 pm

Colette didn't seem to understand at first. "Oh! Well it does not hurt. I do enjoy nice bright colours in my drinks. Midori is very, very sweet, and I really enjoy the bubbles of ze champagne. A fish bowl is very sweet as well, it even has little Swedish fish candies in it!"

She flushed slightly. "I have a terrible sweet tooth. But sweet and brightly coloured combined... I simply can not resist."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:00 pm

Basil finished his beer with a bit of a gasp.

"Welp, my pint is gone." It almost sounded like a conversation end, but then... "Another round?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:16 pm

Colette polished off her drink as well, little bubbles slowly rising inside her head, looking much like the drink herself. The cherry even floated upon her "tongue", if she had one.

"If you would enjoy my company, of course! But please m-Basil, may I pay for zis round? It is customary for friends in this country to alternate, non?" Friends, that was quite the leap. They'd only know each other 15 minutes.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:19 pm

"It is generally yes, but not in my case.

My family pays me an exorbitant amount of money to stay on this campus, so if you don't mind terribly I think that they won't be hurting for it if I use their funds to entertain the two of us, since I've nothing else to do with it."
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:42 pm

Colette fidgeted in her seat a bit before she sat up straight.

"Very well, Basil. Since you insist, I would be very happy to take you up on your generous offer. Zank you." It felt a little awkward for her, like she was taking advantage of him... but he had offered.
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:45 pm

"Alright then, back in a flash."

He was back relatively quickly this time, since he didn't have to argue with anyone about illegal substances.

He set the glasses down on the table again just as quietly as before, and took his seat.

"Cheers!" Basil offered again, before tucking into his pint. What Colette wasn't aware of was that he'd been sitting by himself for some time before she arrived and this was the start of his third.

What Basil wasn't aware of, because young people are rarely aware of their own habits as they drink until it bites them in the ass, was that if he kept this up things were going to get a lot more 'truthy' very shortly.
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:56 pm

"Salut!" Colette raised her glass before taking a drink, the bubbles becoming more apparent inside of her, like she was some sort of glitter lamp.

"So Basil, were you expecting someone tonight? It seems odd zat zey have not arrived yet."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Postby Basil Benson » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:02 pm

"Oh, I wasn't waiting for anyone." He admitted.

"I have a friend on campus who knows I come here, but I think right now he's probably knee deep in the mystery of who keeps sending giant lizards to attack pre-teened magic users.

What about you? Why come to the Student Union?"
Basil Benson
Student

Postby Colette Rosenhof » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:14 pm

"You are friends with Tuxedo Mask?" Colette asked before answering his question to her.

"It was just a spur of ze moment zought. I have never been here before, I zought it would be a good idea to have a look and see what it was like. And... you caught my attention, so I had to learn more about you."
Colette Rosenhof
Student

Next

Topic attributes:

Return to XUB - Xavier Student Union Building