Monsters In My Head

Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. The low-income borough of Lambeth has been largely taken over by London's mutant population and is now known as Mutant Town.

Re: Monsters In My Head

Postby Miriam Bell » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:32 pm

Miriam frowns at Alessia ever so slightly before motioning for Anna. Without breaking the connection with her mind she asks "You're sure you're okay with this?"
Miriam Bell
Student

High Concept: Sorrowful Telepath
Aspect: Powerful Enemies
Aspect: Structural Shadow

Postby Alessia Abate » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:50 pm

If Alessia notices the frown, she doesn't acknowledge it.

Anna approaches, smiling, "Sure. It feels good. And Alessia makes sure we have food and a great place to stay. We can even watch Netflix all day if we want. It's a pretty sweet deal, what's not to be okay with?" Laura seems to be nodding in agreement.
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:17 pm

If this is due to Alessia manipulating her she's almost impressed. And she finds herself wondering if making them enjoy it would even be that bad...

"I suppose that's only fair." she says, eyeing the woman as she comes closer and for a moment she can feel her heart-beat, like a tantalizing thrum, just waiting for her to sink her teeth into...
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:09 pm

Anna steps right up to Miriam, moving her hair back out of the way and leaning her head to the side, exposing her neck. Miriam can virtually see the pulse and she can certainly sense it there.

Alessia moves over to Laura, cradling her gently in her arms as they watched Miriam. It wasn't polite to eat before your guests, after all.
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:30 pm

Miriam takes a deep breath, almost as a defiant statement after realizing she hasn't actually been breathing for... a while. And then takes a swift step forward, sinking her bared teeth into the woman's flesh.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:48 pm

There's that brief gasp of pain from Anna followed by the sagging against Miriam as the good feelings begin to take over. Miriam feels that good warm rush as she starts drinking. It's not as warming as Wanda's blood was, but it's still warming.

Not long after, Alessia begins feeding from Laura and there's a practiced gentleness to the process that makes it seem like they're used to one another.
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:57 am

She's much more hesitant to stop feeding than she was with Wanda and she has to tear herself away before she drinks too much. Even still she probably drained more than is healthy.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Anna becomes a little more dead weight in her arms as she passes out. Alessia, having finished with Laura, passes her off to her sister and comes over to check on Anna. "A bit hungry were we," she chides gently, feeling Anna's pulse. She tilts Anna's head back, "Bite your finger, give her a bit of your blood. It'll fix her right up."
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:21 pm

Miriam doesn't really trust Alessia, but she's also a little horrified at Anna going slack in her arms, so she begrudgingly follows Alessia's advice, pressing one of her fangs against the tip of her finger until a drop of blood blossoms from it and she lets a couple drops fall into Anna's mouth.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:28 pm

There's a few tense moments as the blood drips past her lips where Miriam has a chance to reflect on just how weird what she's doing is and how it can't possibly work. Then Anna begins to stir, the strength returning to her muscles. Miriam's positive from her mental sense that she's quite woozy from the blood loss, but her pulse strengthens again. She smiles at Miriam, "All good?" Her words are a bit drawn out, but otherwise she seems lucid enough.
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:37 pm

"Yeah... All good." Miriam says a bit dubiously. This whole thing was bizarre to her, but the drop of blood seemed to recover the woman at least enough to rouse her.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:50 pm

Laura came over, assisting Anna who cast several glances back in Miriam's direction as they left the room. "She will be fine. She'll rest up and eat well and get completely back to 100%," Alessia says nodding to her sister who backs out of the room. "Now that you've eaten, we can go out if you like."
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:57 pm

"Did I really give off the impression that I came out here to have fun?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:03 pm

Alessia crosses her arms, "You're still angry with me. Fine. Out with it then." She makes a beckoning gesture at Miriam.
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:00 pm

"I'm just not ready to pretend everything's fine and dandy right now. I'm dead and I woke up as some kind of blood-sucking monster. That's quite a lot to swallow."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:27 pm

"Well, it would help if you stopped looking at yourself as a monster. Were you a monster before this happened?"
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:13 pm

"I'm not a good person." she says flatly.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:20 pm

Alessia tilts her head and gives a small shrug, "That doesn't necessarily make you a monster. Do you think I'm a monster?"
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:22 pm

"You drink blood. Doesn't exactly put you in the running for person of the year."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:29 pm

"You ate steak, you ate fish. Have you ever seen how most of those animals are treated? I don't keep Laura and Anna in cages. I make sure they have everything they could want. They're welcome to leave anytime they want. I didn't judge you for what you used to eat to exist, but you're going to call me a monster for what I have to eat to exist?" She doesn't seem angry. She's instead regarding Miriam with a single raised eyebrow.
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:43 pm

"Animals aren't people. I don't doubt that you treat them well, but that doesn't change the fact that you just equated them to cattle."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Alessia huffs, "If anything, people are worse than animals. They actively decide to be cruel for no other reason than they want to. You've seen what's inside their heads as well as I have. Am I lying?"

She reaches out for Miriam's hands, "You don't have to kill to eat. You have plenty of time to pursue whatever your heart desires. Think of all the things you can do now. Drinking blood is a small thing compared to all of that. Give me time, let me show you how wonderful this life is. I promise you won't be disappointed."
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:18 pm

As much as Miriam is loathe to admit it, Alessia isn't wrong.

"Time wasn't what I didn't have enough of..." she says, but she lets Alessia take her hand.
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:22 pm

"Then what do you need? Money? Long term investments take on a whole new meaning with us," she says with a soft smile. "We will certainly make sure you're taken care of."
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:18 pm

"That's not... I mean it'd help." She sighs. "This is just rather much to take in."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:08 pm

“Would it help to meet the others? I can certainly arrange for us to go to grandfather’s place.”
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:59 pm

"I take it he's not really your grandfather."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:02 am

"That depends on how one wants to look at it. He is responsible for the one that is responsible for me, so in that sense, he is sort of my grandfather. We're not blood related in the conventional sense though, no."
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:07 pm

"Does that mean you're responsible for me then?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:31 pm

Alessia considers her answer for a moment before nodding, "In a manner of speaking, yes, though more than just in the way you mean it."
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:09 pm

"What do you mean?"
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:23 pm

Alessia considers her response carefully, "Now that you're one of us, your actions reflect on me. I personally think it's archaic in some respects, but it also makes us very picky about who we choose, so I suppose it's not all bad. You're the first person I've even contemplated offering this to in years."
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:01 pm

"In other words it's your responsibility that I behave."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:08 pm

"Yes, at least until you have a better understanding of how things work. As you said, it's a lot to take in and we're not cruel. Despite the circumstances not being ideal, we will make sure you're taken care of."
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:17 pm

"God, why couldn't you just turn out to be a bunch of utter twats and make this easy?" Miriam sighs. "I came here to yell at you, not... be welcomed into whatever weird family thing you've got here."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:38 pm

"The utter twats don't make it this far. You can still yell at me if it helps," Alessia says with a smile, "Or we can go out and enjoy ourselves the way a couple of immortals should."
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:10 pm

"I could use a drink, that's for sure. Like a shot or three of tequila."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:16 pm

"I know just the place," she says, sizing Miriam up. "None of my things will fit you I don't think. So maybe a bit of shopping first? We'll get you an outfit for tonight."
Alessia Abate

Postby Miriam Bell » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:12 pm

"I do need some new things to wear..."
Miriam Bell
Student

Postby Alessia Abate » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:44 pm

"Shopping first, then tequila," she says, going to her closet to get dressed. "And, if time allows, we'll take you by to visit the others."
Alessia Abate

PreviousNext

Topic attributes:

Return to London