A Magical Drink

Located directly adjacent to the Rec Center is the Student Union building, housing a well-stocked bar and arcade, billiards and an open area with couches and coffee tables.

Re: A Magical Drink

Postby Gemmalara » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:19 pm

"We're not exactly sure what it is, but she's unusual... and, well, she can manipulate the weather, which is amazing enough in and of itself."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:43 pm

"She became ill within the illusion, once free she drew strength from the earth. The wolf Isolde is her bonded guardian. If this were the Other Side, she is possibly equal to my mother my mother, perhaps higher."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:46 pm

"Intriguing," Sean mused. "Quite the menagerie we have gathering here at a school for mutants. Wonder what the headmistress will think of it all."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:52 pm

"The lighthouse is a beacon, it rests on a confluence of ley lines. I also have a theory that what human science has classified as the X-gene is in fact the hereditary abilities of Fey lineage."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:04 pm

"I think a dozen scientists just got a migraine," Sean smiled. "It wouldn't explain why magic is still so rare though would it? With that much Fey... mixing you'd think we'd see more mages."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:14 pm

"The human mind is powerful thing, especially in regards to magic and the fey. The human race stopped believing, so it stopped existing. Religion replaced magic and now science is replacing religion."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:55 am

"So the power of the Fey will wane then?" Sean asked.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Vivienne removed her hands from her glass a moment. "That is...complicated. Magic is our life force, it is a river that flows through the ley lines here, humans tap into it, borrow a bit to shape their spells, but there it is life. So to answer...yes, it has been for generations. The cycle has been broken some how. I am the youngest and I am not even fully fey, the last time my mother freely walked this land was the 1400's."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:29 pm

"A very different time," Sean said, "Why haven't more Fey come into the human world then? Now would seem the most... opportune time, aye?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:33 pm

"It's... not healthy for us. We full fey don't take well to this world. Over time, it twists us... corrupts us in some estimations, into something that is altogether lost."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Vivienne lightly pat Gemma's hand. "A wall was built when the source was identified and only one was Gatekeeper named. The Council must be in accord in order to simply thin the veil, even then one one may pass and any who pass through are...lessened. Fighting the taint is harder after that. It is a punishment to be sent here."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:24 pm

Sean offers a bottle to Gemma.

"And aside from a return nothing can be done?" Sean asked.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:28 pm

Gemma takes the bottle, taking a drink straight from it. "There are some things a particularly powerful fey can do. There were rumors, but always things no fey would ever consider."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:48 pm

"I'll help if I can. With this or other things," Sean said, "I certainly don't have a magnificent library full of answers, but I have some resources. And of course a mortal mage's unerring ability to break rules."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:27 am

"Well, it would not be the first time a human mage turned the Fey Realm on its' end."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:17 am

"Aye. The Merlin was before my time but I believe he is one that many on the other side are still... well, not afraid of, but concerned about."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:09 pm

"I'd settle for giving the Fey realm a gentle push since I'm not Merlin," Sean smiled.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:04 am

"Certainly not the first, but time will tell if you are the next." Vivienne finished her glass and refilled it.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:48 pm

"Interesting," Sean said, "Merlin is generally written about as... well, the one Merlin. Should have considered it might be several people given otherwise it would mean an inordinately long time."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:57 pm

"There's a saying among my people that you should never assume too much about the Merlin or something to that effect. It doesn't translate perfectly into 'human'."
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:19 pm

"'Expect the unexpected.' I believe suits. The first it was his name, then it became a title, given to a human of magic who does a...something for the Fey. Though not all agree if it was a good something or a bad something, but it is always world turning. The last aided in the construction of the barrier, among other things."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:48 pm

"Ah, so a title given to an ally or friend to the Fey realms," Sean said, "Do the Fey ever all agree on something?"
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:53 pm

"Do humans?" Gemma smirks.
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:06 am

"I was hoping the Fey could teach us the trick to it," Sean chuckled.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:32 am

"Even if they did, they are not the sharing sort. Have not been for ages."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:50 am

"Some long held grudge? Suppose being immortal makes holding grudges much... easier," Sean asked before drinking more.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:04 am

"Yes, they have time. Remember when you asked about our magic. None are willing to give any sort of power away, magic or other wise, for any reason because to them it will weaken them."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:16 am

"Without some sort of equivalent exchange I assume," Sean said, "First born for several generations and so on."
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:26 am

"Favors are currency. They like to link agreements to bloodlines, making every member responsible for repayment regardless of how much time has passed in the human realm. Human infants are...valuable for a variety of reasons to a variety of Fey."
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:19 pm

"That's why you should always be careful with the fey and never show too much appreciation. Even if you don't think you owe them anything, they might think it and that's all that matters to them."
Gemmalara

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:02 pm

A look passed across Sean's face at the mention of the 'value' of human infants. The images it made him recall the blood, dirt, screaming, and... He covered it by drinking more.

"Even a friendly night of drinking?" Sean asked forcing a smile.
Sean Hall
Student

Postby Gemmalara » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:09 pm

"Oh, you owe us nothing," Gemma reassures him, taking another pull from the bottle he handed her earlier.
Gemmalara

Postby Vivienne Chinnoir » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:52 pm

"Mutually beneficial." Vivienne says with a nod.
Vivienne Chinnoir
Student

Postby Sean Hall » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:05 pm

"Cheers to mutually beneficial drinking," Sean smiled before finishing his drink.
Sean Hall
Student

Previous

Topic attributes:

Return to XUB - Xavier Student Union Building